Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Glenville/Scotia NY

Old 06-17-2014, 06:01 PM   #1
GuitarGuy91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuitarGuy91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuitarGuy91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuitarGuy91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuitarGuy91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuitarGuy91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuitarGuy91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuitarGuy91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuitarGuy91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuitarGuy91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuitarGuy91 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
GuitarGuy91's Tacoma Gallery
Glenville/Scotia NY

So I was googling around trying to find local trails that I could take my stock TRD Off Road in. Came across a meet-up page for a group of wranglers heading down a BEGINNER trails literally 3 minutes from my apartment!! Apparently it runs off the back of the local WalMart.

Now, they appear to be meeting this Sunday morning to get some new people through the ins and outs of OffRoading, but no details as to exactly where this trail is.

Few questions:
Would it be rude to meet up with this small group (6 people) and ask to take a ride with them in my Taco?

Also, anyone else ever see this trail (it must be pretty short, btw)? I really want to take a ride through it and use it to take friends through a quick ride. However, I don't want to go by myself and get stuck and have to call for help. Although I think a beginner trail (even recommended for stock tacos) should be fine.

I might just take a quick drive-by tomorrow after work to at least see where the trail starts. Thoughts?
Old 06-18-2014, 01:33 PM   #2
GuitarGuy91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuitarGuy91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuitarGuy91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuitarGuy91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuitarGuy91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuitarGuy91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuitarGuy91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuitarGuy91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuitarGuy91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuitarGuy91 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuitarGuy91 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Wellll I took a drive I where I believed I would find this trail, only to find a million and one trees torn down and some new big building being out up. My guess is no local trail for me
Old 06-19-2014, 02:04 AM   #3
brizower is on a distinguished road

Air Force: A-10/U-2  Crew Chief
Name: Andrew
brizower's Tacoma Gallery
You can always head up toward Great Sacandaga Lake and find some trails out in the northern parts of Saratoga County. There has to be something up there.
Old 06-20-2014, 04:52 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brizower View Post
You can always head up toward Great Sacandaga Lake and find some trails out in the northern parts of Saratoga County. There has to be something up there.

I'll have to do some research. Anyone know any good beginner and/or stock-friendly trails in the adirondack region?
Old 07-01-2014, 05:26 AM   #5
single cab is on a distinguished road
single cab's Tacoma Gallery
Living in Glenville the only place I know of is being price chopper on 50. I would imagine with the new Applebee's being built that would shut down those trails. Not too many long trails around here just a couple short ones.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:58 PM   #6
Five0addiction is on a distinguished road
Name: Martin
Five0addiction's Tacoma Gallery
No trails that I know of I live right off rt50 on van Buren road
Old 08-06-2014, 07:56 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five0addiction View Post
No trails that I know of I live right off rt50 on van Buren road

No way. You live 2 minutes from me haha. I'm in Socha Plaza. We should meet up sometime
Old 08-07-2014, 09:21 PM   #8
single cab is on a distinguished road
single cab's Tacoma Gallery
do a google earth behind hannaford its there. For some reason i thought it was price chopper.
Old 08-16-2014, 08:36 AM   #9
JKing11 is on a distinguished road

JKing11's Tacoma Gallery
i live in clifton park,i took my stock 2011 4x4 2.7 5sp up to lake george and did the shelving rock falls road and had a blast with my wife and dog.then through a jeep buddy i found another dirt road off of 9n just above lake george as well....i can give you guys directions if you would like.i wish there was more trails we could explore around our area.vermont has a ton if your willing to drive up there..
Old 08-16-2014, 08:39 AM   #10
Stockmonester is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
Stockmonester's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Stockmonester
tug hill is packed with beginner trails
Old 08-16-2014, 09:04 AM   #11

JKing11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockmonester View Post
tug hill is packed with beginner trails
is that out nere indian lake were all the snowmoblies go in the winter?
Old 08-16-2014, 09:09 AM   #12

JKing11's Tacoma Gallery
i have found about 5 dirt roads and a few jeep trails off of 9n ,north of boltonlanding.most of them are for stock 4x4s.some do get more difficult the more you go into them.i allways go alone so some of them i havent done completely..
Old 08-16-2014, 10:55 AM   #13
Five0addiction is on a distinguished road
Name: Martin
Five0addiction's Tacoma Gallery
Ya id like to meet up with anyone willing to.My number is 6419313 shoot me a text
Old 08-16-2014, 03:51 PM   #14

JKing11's Tacoma Gallery
2 weeks from now i go on a vacation from work, i would be willing to go hit some of these roads if anyone wants to tag along. probly do shelving rock falls road first which ends at log bay ,and you will have to turn around at the end and come back to 149 into lake george the same way we came.then head up 9n to some of these other roads i wana try.my jeep buddy said ,you can go up these roads as far as you feel comfortable,then just turn back because they do get difficult after a few miles in.then we can try some tougher trails if anyone wants to.my taco is stock so ill go as far as my ground clearance will allow me to.. ill post up a new thread in this offroad section and set a day and place and time to meet if anyone wants to come. then in the fall i plan on doing some foilage runs in vermont with the wife and dog and go hit some other dirt roads and trails, anyone is more than welcome to come and split of at anytime they want.i use to do this kinda of thing when i would ride with my sportbike buddy.glad to find some taco people in my area..
Old 08-25-2014, 09:35 AM   #15

Sorry haven't checking in here in a while :P Looks like I'm heading down to Big Dogs Off Road at the Cove in Virginia for the meet in October. Any of you guys thinking about going?
Old 08-27-2014, 06:58 PM   #16
Paulcap13 is on a distinguished road

Name: Paul
Paulcap13's Tacoma Gallery
There's some pretty good trails around where I live. I'm about an hour south of you in cairo ny. I can show you sometime if you would like.
Old 10-05-2014, 07:39 PM   #17
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Bump, I'm down in Saratoga Springs now. Looking to flex the truck a little!