1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

On-off spigot for 20L heavy-duty water jug?

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by dpeezy3000, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Jun 25, 2014 at 10:04 AM
    dpeezy3000

dpeezy3000 [OP] Member

Member:
    Hey guys -

Pretty specific question here. I've got 3 20L heavy duty water containers (like this). I'm pretty sure I could throw them out of an airplane and they'd be OK, but I'd like to add an on-off water spigot for easy pouring (e.g. over a sink, in an outdoor kitchen, etc).

Any recommendations on this particular type of water container. I've read the small pour spout has male standard garden hose threads, but haven't tested it, and don't know if on-off spigots even come in that size (female garden hose thread).

Thoughts / experience to make these things more user friendly? Different forum would be better?

2. Jul 9, 2014 at 11:03 AM
    PNW/TRD Steve

PNW/TRD Steve Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB TRD
    ImMrYo Rear view mirror lift bracket. Changed out mud flaps. Salex glove box organizer. OEM Ashtray (cup). AVS Step Shields. 16x8 SCS F5 Matte Jet Black. 265/75 16 Cooper St Maxx. OME Bp-51s. U.S. Offroad Winch Mount (in process) Smittybuilt x20 12k synthetic winch (in process) More....
    There are a few threads on the net and Expedition Portal.
    Some YouTube videos as well.
    I don't have the links handy right now. I am planning on doing the same this weekend as my Scepter cans just arrived today.
    I will try to post the links tonight.

Products Discussed in

To Top