Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Amazing Video of Slickrock trail - By a Videographer

Old 07-10-2014, 07:57 PM   #21
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaPantsKey View Post
It's from the movie Drive.
That explains the random sirens
Old 07-10-2014, 09:12 PM   #22
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademan925 View Post
That explains the random sirens
Nah, that's just Hayward.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:23 PM   #23
hmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shedhmcclung is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B
Name: Heath
hmcclung's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet video. Very well edited. Guy at the end cracked me up
Old 07-10-2014, 09:34 PM   #24
otis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to behold

otis24's Tacoma Gallery
Can you make it viewable for mobile apps?
Old 07-10-2014, 09:39 PM   #25
asphinctersayswhat?
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by otis24 View Post
Can you make it viewable for mobile apps?
I think he said he made it like that bc the music is copyrighted, or something like that.

Quote:
Download the Video Tube app on your phone. search for "kalieaire" it's the first video in my uploads
Old 07-10-2014, 09:49 PM   #27
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
I viewed it on my iphone...

Great vid. Makes me wish I didn't live at the complete opposite side of the continent.
Old 07-11-2014, 03:52 PM   #28
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
If you guys are looking for more great trail videos. check out some of the stuff the CT4WD guys have made. I took some inspiration from these guys.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmY...w3YIfMLv5aPe6A
Old 07-12-2014, 01:54 PM   #29
GHOSTFJ will become famous soon enoughGHOSTFJ will become famous soon enough

GHOSTFJ's Tacoma Gallery
What camera/DSLR you using kaleaire? I miss wheeling that place, wife's favorite trail. Should have kept the FJC.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:45 PM   #30
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTFJ View Post
What camera/DSLR you using kaleaire? I miss wheeling that place, wife's favorite trail. Should have kept the FJC.
For this video I used the Canon 5D Mark II for most of the shots, hence the crappy video quality. I had the 5D Mark III along for the trip as well and my EOS M, but I was using the 5D3 for mostly pictures.

The EOS M would've been used more for car shots out on vehicle shots, but I forgot my grip equipment used to mount the cam on the trucks at home.

I'm actually moving towards the Panasonic DMC-GH4 as soon as I get a job. For $1,500 bucks + 4K resolution and 1080p that's actually sharp, that cam simply blows the socks off the 5D3. It makes it looks like the camera is out of focus.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:04 PM   #31

GHOSTFJ's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info. Yeah I'm looking more towards something along the lines of a pro-consumer camcorder like a Canon XA10 HD. I have been using my old Nikon D5100 and for action stuff my GoPro's but need something more dedicated. May have to look into that Panasonic. Thanks again.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:22 PM   #32
Quote:
Thanks for the info. Yeah I'm looking more towards something along the lines of a pro-consumer camcorder like a Canon XA10 HD. I have been using my old Nikon D5100 and for action stuff my GoPro's but need something more dedicated. May have to look into that Panasonic. Thanks again.

I generally stay from camcorders because they don't give me the narrow depth of field I need to separate my films from home videos. They're only good for interviews in my use case. I had an XH-A1 ages ago and even with that I ended up getting a Letus 35mm adapter to get what I wanted, it ended up being a waste of money because a year later the 5D2 came out and it shot 1080p video.

But still, the most important part to making a good film is good support. I have a Manfrotto 504HDV + 546GBK tripod with ground spreader as my main sticks, worth every penny. My secondary sticks are a 3021B with either a Kirk Photo BH3 Ballhead w/ Arca Swiss or Manfrotto 503HDV.

The 3021B w/ the BH3 is great for timelapse because it's more of a static setup where I don't need fluid head panning, but would need something that could easily level itself. The 503HDV gives me a fluid head in case I want to work on a secondary cam while the primary is recording a scene.

But I also utilize alternative supports like monopods like the 562b-1 and indieslider (which I recently upgraded away from) to add some variety to my shots.
Old 07-12-2014, 10:39 PM   #33
"Not all those who wander are lost"
Traction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic, Search and Rescue, Wildland Firefighting
Name: Nathan
Traction120's Tacoma Gallery
I wish I knew what you guys are talking about! But if it involves another video I'm in.
Old 07-13-2014, 12:54 AM   #34
asphinctersayswhat?
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
^LOL. Same
Old 07-13-2014, 11:21 PM   #35

GHOSTFJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalieaire View Post
I generally stay from camcorders because they don't give me the narrow depth of field I need to separate my films from home videos. They're only good for interviews in my use case. I had an XH-A1 ages ago and even with that I ended up getting a Letus 35mm adapter to get what I wanted, it ended up being a waste of money because a year later the 5D2 came out and it shot 1080p video.

But still, the most important part to making a good film is good support. I have a Manfrotto 504HDV + 546GBK tripod with ground spreader as my main sticks, worth every penny. My secondary sticks are a 3021B with either a Kirk Photo BH3 Ballhead w/ Arca Swiss or Manfrotto 503HDV.

The 3021B w/ the BH3 is great for timelapse because it's more of a static setup where I don't need fluid head panning, but would need something that could easily level itself. The 503HDV gives me a fluid head in case I want to work on a secondary cam while the primary is recording a scene.

But I also utilize alternative supports like monopods like the 562b-1 and indieslider (which I recently upgraded away from) to add some variety to my shots.
Good info. I have a Manfrotto MVH502A Fluid Head and 546B Tripod. I looked more into the Panasonic and that may fit the bill. I am fairly new, just started to dabble last year. I primarily shoot paintball games and auto related subjects and just want more fit and polish. Another hobby I can't afford, lol.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:00 PM   #36
Quote:
Good info. I have a Manfrotto MVH502A Fluid Head and 546B Tripod. I looked more into the Panasonic and that may fit the bill. I am fairly new, just started to dabble last year. I primarily shoot paintball games and auto related subjects and just want more fit and polish. Another hobby I can't afford, lol.
Yeah, support is about 90% of it. Any camera can take picture/video. No camera can stabilize itself.

http://www.filmtools.com/car-mounts.html

Film tools has a great assortment of vehicle camera mounts, from cheap to not so cheap.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:26 PM   #37
NvisionOffRoad is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvisionOffRoad is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvisionOffRoad is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvisionOffRoad is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvisionOffRoad is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvisionOffRoad is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvisionOffRoad is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvisionOffRoad is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvisionOffRoad is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvisionOffRoad is one of the sharper tools in the shedNvisionOffRoad is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NvisionOffRoad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademan925 View Post
So Kalieaire(Stanley) made this video of our trip to slickrock a couple weeks ago. Mjonags32(MJ) did the interview. Stanley put a lot of work into it so I thought it deserved its own thread.

If you like the Video comment so it doesn’t get lost with the old threads and people will miss the opportunity to view it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OKNnJxKTqA
Awesome Video!! Funny that the one guy who did the not so smart move of putting his arm out the window was a Jeeper.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:21 PM   #38
Banned
Loony is on a distinguished road
Loony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Do they still make the XA10 ?

I have the Vixia g30 which uses the same sensor as the XA20/25. Its a great camera.

I film a lot with a Nikon d7000 and I prefer its quality over the canon g30.

Your 5100 should take good video too
Old 07-24-2014, 04:06 PM   #39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loony View Post
Do they still make the XA10 ?

I have the Vixia g30 which uses the same sensor as the XA20/25. Its a great camera.

I film a lot with a Nikon d7000 and I prefer its quality over the canon g30.

Your 5100 should take good video too
They still sell the XA line at BHPhoto and other retailers including the XA10.

As far as quality between the G30 and D7000, they are both fine imagers in good lighting, low noise etc. However, the D7000 has shallow depth of field with large aperture lenses on an ASP-C sized sensor vs the G30. And in low light, the D7000 has a larger sensor on a whole giving you less noise in low light.

But on the trail during the day, the G30 would give you equal performance, though not an equal image, it is essential to note the difference when choosing a camera because they both have a place.

I would totally use a G30 on the slider shots with an ultrawide adapter over a Canon C500.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:28 PM   #40
CowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCowboyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CowboyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Any chance you made / will make more?