Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

What legitimatley constitutes an "Off Road" designation to you?

Old 07-18-2014, 03:06 PM   #21
KDOG has much to be proud ofKDOG has much to be proud ofKDOG has much to be proud ofKDOG has much to be proud ofKDOG has much to be proud ofKDOG has much to be proud ofKDOG has much to be proud ofKDOG has much to be proud of
KDOG's Tacoma Gallery
LOL. There's an idea.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:07 PM   #22
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDOG View Post
Looks like my intent didn't come across as I hoped. Oh well it happens. I should've expected everyone would have a different idea of off road. But thanks for the opinions they're noted.
But honestly, I get your question man...We once went wheeling in the snow, however, it was on paved road that doesnt get plowed. so about 2 feet of snow but paved road....is that offroading??? Fire roads, is that offroad?? ehh, who cares, just go have fun
Old 07-18-2014, 03:08 PM   #23
THREAD SLAYER
Tacos Dorados has much to be proud ofTacos Dorados has much to be proud ofTacos Dorados has much to be proud ofTacos Dorados has much to be proud ofTacos Dorados has much to be proud ofTacos Dorados has much to be proud ofTacos Dorados has much to be proud ofTacos Dorados has much to be proud ofTacos Dorados has much to be proud of

Name: Jesse
Tacos Dorados's Tacoma Gallery
^I think I know what you're getting at. To me the rear locker is the most "important" distinguishing trait of a TRD Off Road.
Old 07-18-2014, 03:35 PM   #24
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
ok, maybe i misread the question...lol
Old 07-23-2014, 08:16 AM   #25
JAGER91374 is just really niceJAGER91374 is just really niceJAGER91374 is just really niceJAGER91374 is just really nice
Name: John
JAGER91374's Tacoma Gallery
By definanition and "Off Road" truck is one that get driven "Off Road". That being said there are millions of normal stock trucks that are driven offroad on gravel roads and farms all over the world. Infact what passes as a "road" in some other countrys would be rated as a difficult trail here in the US.

I do understand that there is a certain image that comes to mind someone says "Off Road truck". In years past that image to me was huge tires, mega lift, lockers front and rear, cages etc. Come to find out most of those are poser trucks.

Today the image in my mind is of a useful lift 2.5 - 3.0 inches, modest tires, 32-35's, at least a locker in the rear, a decent skid plate and maybe some sliders and good recovery gear. Nothing really to get all that excited about. Everything needs to be useful and have a purpose.

With all that done it still only look the part. You can say its an off road truck all you want but won't earn that title until you get some dirt under the tires and experience it first hand.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:18 AM   #26
shr133 will become famous soon enough
Army: 31C, 95B.
Name: Steve
shr133's Tacoma Gallery
If it's done right you won't need stickers............

but a 2 1/2" or 3" OME lift and a good set of 32" will get the job done....
Old 07-24-2014, 09:19 AM   #27
shr133 will become famous soon enough
Army: 31C, 95B.
Name: Steve
shr133's Tacoma Gallery
just add lots of dirt and mud.....
Old 07-25-2014, 09:21 AM   #28
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: bullet sponge
username's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishbone Runner View Post
Only once you have taken it . . . wait for it . . . off the road!

For example, this is an off road Prius. Now, replace the Prius with your truck, and it willl have been, off road.

Technically that is just on the side of the road. Just sayin'.

http://youtu.be/RDz08I9NFSQ