Notices

2wd in the sand?

View Poll Results: 2wd on the beach?
No problem 157 17.64%
Could have some trouble 535 60.11%
Dont try 198 22.25%
Voters: 890. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2009, 03:00 PM   #21
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdopy3 View Post
My fault bro, SHHHHHHH!
its all good (in a white person voice) "homie"
Old 05-03-2009, 03:08 PM   #22
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Oh and, yea you can make it in 2x no prob at all, I woudn't even worry about stoping either, just make sure you gun it to get going again!
oh so now ur tryin to get him stuck???
Old 05-03-2009, 03:19 PM   #23

Quote:
Well, I'm no poop expert, but Shhhh!
lol
Old 05-03-2009, 03:19 PM   #24
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
nice banter guys, im going do some mud practice need to see just how capable my 2wd is
Old 05-03-2009, 03:22 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgman View Post
nice banter guys, im going do some mud practice need to see just how capable my 2wd is
just keep ur tires down to about 10 psi and take it easy on the gay and u should be ok
but be shure u have a cell phone on u or at least take ur walking shoes just in case
Old 05-03-2009, 03:33 PM   #26

Quote:
Yea, not to much gas.
or u could just floor it with ur foot on the brake
i promase u wont get stuck

i didnt
Old 05-03-2009, 03:35 PM   #27
I KEEEEEL YOU
Burgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurgman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
i guarantee if my axle is in the sand like yours is in that pic im not getting out by myself
Old 05-03-2009, 03:36 PM   #28
rpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to behold

rpoint16's Tacoma Gallery
Lots of variables in the sand. I have gone thru a beach section in the early morning (cool sand)in 2wd & had no problem. Then 6 hours later (hot) in 4wd & had a hard time.

As everyone said, air down, keep your momentum. Carry a couple of shovels & recovery straps, do not go alone.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-03-2009, 03:37 PM   #29
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
i had a 01 tundra 4wd that my bro got stuck in one of our fields dug both axles into the mud my honda rancher yanked in out no prob
Old 05-03-2009, 03:37 PM   #30

Quote:
i guarantee if my axle is in the sand like yours is in that pic im not getting out by myself
i got out but then again i have a 4wd
Old 05-03-2009, 03:38 PM   #31
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
if yall would read my original post i will be going with a couple of 4wd jeeps
Old 05-03-2009, 03:38 PM   #32
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by higherlux View Post
i got out but then again i have a 4wd
your tires prolly helped a buch too
Old 05-03-2009, 03:39 PM   #33

Quote:
Yup, she dug in!
only cuz i wanted her to
Old 05-03-2009, 03:41 PM   #34

Quote:
I did read it, so what ru worried about?
yea if ur gonna be witha a bunch of 4wds then i wouldnt worry bout it

but id still air down to make the 4wd guys wonder why u didnt get stuck yet
Old 05-03-2009, 03:44 PM   #35

Quote:
I do the same thing on the beach, so as to put the beer coolers closer to the ground.

sweet
Old 05-03-2009, 03:47 PM   #36
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So ur taking ur HONDA rancher with you?
dont have that anymore, it would be pretty funny to see an atv pulling my tacoma through the sand though
Old 05-03-2009, 04:54 PM   #37
branct06 has a spectacular aura aboutbranct06 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Thomas
branct06's Tacoma Gallery
should be good just lower tire psi and drive at a constant speed dont speed up too hard and try not to stop on unpacked loose sand, stay out of the deep stuff by the dunes and try to stay in another vehicles ruts (sand is more packed) my .02$
Old 05-03-2009, 04:59 PM   #38
it is what it is
09TRD is on a distinguished road

09TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I am no expert on off roading and may be completely wrong but, aren't alot of those desert race trucks 2x4
Old 05-03-2009, 05:04 PM   #39
I KEEEEEL YOU

Burgman's Tacoma Gallery
yea i believe most of those baja racing trucks are 2wd but they drive on packed sand/dirt the actual baja race threw mexico they are 4wd
edit someone correct me if im wrong
Old 05-03-2009, 05:07 PM   #40
it is what it is
09TRD is on a distinguished road

09TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yea i believe most of those baja racing trucks are 2wd but they drive on packed sand/dirt the actual baja race threw mexico they are 4wd
edit someone correct me if im wrong

So I was half right, that's an accomplishment for me lol