1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Spots in Idaho?

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by superwhitepro, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Jan 24, 2015 at 2:31 PM
    superwhitepro

superwhitepro [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clinton
    Boise, Id
    Vehicle:
    Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
    Pelfreybilt front and rear bumpers, skid plates and rock sliders, warn winch, front runner roof rack, rigid industries LED bars, more to come
    I'm looking for some cool trails in Idaho. Nothing too crazy. Something I can take my wife and my two dogs to just go have some fun and see some cool sites. I wouldn't mind getting a little stuck but I'm not trying to break an axle. :)

Let me know if anyone on here is in Idaho or knows some spots!

Thanks a lot

2. Jan 24, 2015 at 3:02 PM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    Welcome sir! I'm the resident Boise tacoma world rep since there are hardly any and almost none are active. I can put up some more details tonight or tomorrow when I have some more time so pull up some pics. Idaho is an odd spot for off roading. There are a number of rock crawling trails (most of what I do) out in the owahees, but a lot require a somewhat built truck (at least a locker, armor, 33s+, willing to get some damage) and they go up from there. There however are some stock friendly rock trails. There are trails up in the mountains, but most of those are logging road type trails (vs colorado per say where they are mining trails) so the mining trails of co are a more challenging "fun" drive imo, than the flat safer logging roads we have. But they can still get out to come cool places! How long have you been here? Been exploring out of boise in the 2 hour away vacuinity? (I'm sure you know by now that distance is measured in hours haha)

The one weird shitty thing about idaho, is that most of the trails are hush hush and kept a secret and you will almost never find anything public about them, and they are usually pretty darn hard to find, vs like co or utah or cali where there are entire guide books written on trails. I don't like it, it's a pita, but my guess it people do it so the few trails we have don't get ruined by idiots who don't stay the trail and respect the land. So if you want to find trais, I've found the only real way is to make friends with locals who know where to go, and go out on runs with people.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
    tcBob likes this.
  3. Jan 24, 2015 at 5:23 PM
    Rsellers

Rsellers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ricky
    idaho
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD
    There is some good sand dunes by brownlly res but I like ridding in the owahyee's there is easy to hard trails out there and it's close to home. Pickle beut out by the nampa landfill is really fun if you get there before all the motor cycle riders show up

4. Jan 24, 2015 at 7:48 PM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    I didn't see much real off roading at PB, not to mention most of it is shut down/closed.

5. Jan 24, 2015 at 8:14 PM
    Rsellers

Member:
    First Name:
    Ricky
    idaho
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD
    Really it's been a bit since I've been out there sounds like I'm going to be makin a trip out to see

6. Jan 24, 2015 at 10:37 PM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    Ok. here is kind of the beginner rock crawling trail, if i want to take near stock rigs or new people its typically lost trail, my main local club runs this all the time

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(optional obstacle, brady is not a beginner lol, also the man standing there is not brady, hes just there for refrence)

[​IMG]

Carnage Canyon

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fun short little trail called Meat Grinder

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Miners grave (in idaho city) this one actually wrapped all the way around and ended at the top of bogus basin

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They do a tiddy springs run pretty often, its nice and stock friendly in the summer, then you throw a little snow on it, and it becomes a shit show haha

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

up above boise last spring

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That should do it :D

7. Jan 24, 2015 at 10:38 PM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    Where are you at?

8. Jan 25, 2015 at 5:35 AM
    Rsellers

Member:
    First Name:
    Ricky
    idaho
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD
    It's funny I live in nampa you would think I would be out there a lot more. I just bought a Tacoma at the beginning of the month, had a diesel before so didn't do much off roading with it. I plan on that changing. What part of Boise are you at?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  9. Jan 25, 2015 at 9:05 AM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    Ha no shit? Ok cool! I can understand not off roading the diesel, not really what they are for except maybe mud. Right now I live at the very end of boise, on chinden almost to eagle. As soon as the lease is up i am looking to be back in downtown boise, much closer to everything.

10. Jan 25, 2015 at 9:25 AM
    Rsellers

Member:
    First Name:
    Ricky
    idaho
    Vehicle:
    11 Tacoma TRD
    Ha not much of a Boise guy, don't mind going to cabelas but that's about as far that way as I try to go, but most my buddies live there or close to

11. Jan 26, 2015 at 8:49 AM
    superwhitepro

superwhitepro [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clinton
    Boise, Id
    Vehicle:
    Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
    Pelfreybilt front and rear bumpers, skid plates and rock sliders, warn winch, front runner roof rack, rigid industries LED bars, more to come
    Hey, thanks for the info! I'm living out in Eagle but I've lived in Boise for over 10 years. I am a total beginner to off-roading and I honestly don't want to trash my truck too much. Easy logging roads sound great to me! I think I am really just looking for cool roads that lead to cool spots. I'm hoping to spend a lot of this summer camping, hiking and traveling with my wife and two dogs. Nothing too crazy. :)

Products Discussed in

To Top