My wife and I are planning a 3-day vacation in Estes Park, CO for our 1st wedding anniversary May 22-25. We would like to do some four wheel drive trails in the area and maybe some hiking, backpacking, and camping... Here is my loose itinerary:
- arrive in Estes Park around 7 PM on Fri
- stay in a "regular" motel
- Horseback riding Sat morning
- shopping/town stuff Sat afternoon
- stay in a "nice" riverside cabin w/ hottub for Sat night
- four wheel drive trail or backpacking Sun afternoon to remote campsite (preferably near lake or stream)
- camp for the night
- drive or hike out in the mid-morning Mon (preferably a loop trail so we don't have to come out the same way we went in...)
- head home Mon evening
- bear lake hiking
- day hiking
- ??? any suggestions?
I'm interested in any information on any of the above.
It's been over 10 years since I've been to Estes Park...
Thanks in advance,