Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Big Easley, Baton Rouge- Pics.

Old 05-18-2009, 01:58 PM   #1
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
Big Easley, Baton Rouge- Pics.

Sunday we headed out to Baton Rouge to hit up some trails.
It was primarily Jeeps, just myself and an 01 Tacoma my group. We had 2 groups of 15.

Let me say I hate with a passion bridges like this. There were 2 of them. I made it fine but cut it close. We had a jeep fall off. The mud made it slippery as hell.

I'll have more pics when the other wheelers send them to me.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:14 PM   #3
South Carolina Member
tjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant futuretjgraner09 has a brilliant future

Name: TJ
tjgraner09's Tacoma Gallery
damn truck looks great

that last picture looks like hell!
Old 05-18-2009, 02:15 PM   #4
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
Damn... pretty sure I would have sissed out at the 'bridge'
Old 05-18-2009, 02:35 PM   #5
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
no way in hell would i take my new truck over that bridge.my luck i would bite it and roll my truck.how would i tell my wife why my truck looks like a skateboard.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:26 PM   #6
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
We didn't want to go on the bridge but there was no way out of it.
Here is the 2nd one.

My Reciever was hung up on the tree, they wanted to push.

Mud puddle. It ate 3 jeeps, I bypassed this one.

Some more of the trails.

We went up and down this. 2 of our 15 gave up, I made it on 2 trys. Trying to show up these jeeps. Damn Rubicons are bad ass.

Trying to pull a Timmer

Old 05-18-2009, 03:41 PM   #7
Poodoo

luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
Oh yeah I took some damage. Waiting on my sliders cost me, but hey You Gotta Pay to Play.

You can't tell in the pic but The back of the front door the entire back door, front of rear fender top of rear fender back of fender and some on tail light.
The worst part is the back door is creased, flat and square. Hell it should buff out. lol.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:57 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance: LAZY DIVISION
AUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant future
AUDITECH's Tacoma Gallery
Thats the kind of wheeling im talking about slinging mud.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:59 PM   #11
Poodoo

luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
A few more.
Big trouble here for this guy. He did well just hit a bad line here.

It was rainy and the mud made it all very slippery, got to the point where I had to hit all up hill climbs with some speed. My longer wheel base helped alot since the jeeps in front of us were slicking up the trails. One good thing was most of the holes had semi hard bottoms.

I am blown away by these Rubicons, this one here was driven by a very nice and experienced lady, the jeep still has the paper plate. This video is of it going up the incline I had to hit twice and some others attempted and bypassed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Wlom6-gSHQ
In the video you can see her husband and daughter. The husband is driving a modded white Rubicon. He hits the incline a few jeeps later.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:35 PM   #12
Poodoo

luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
Alright well after this trip I noticed my steering wheel was pointed towards the center of the truck while I was going straight. This is not normal as when new it slightly pointed towards the left just past center. Well I had that fixed with an alignment. I brought it in to have it looked at. My left front Toe was so far off it didn't even register! I take it the log in one of the mud pits caused that.

Oh and I got an estimate on the damages. Take a guess.......$2837...yep.
But they want to replace my rear plastic fender flare and tail light, that's a no go so you can subtract at least $500 from their estimate. Lets hope this next wheeling trip turns out better. Got one this Saturday at Sicily island, followed by a trip to Tennessee.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:42 AM   #13
gonzo6up has a spectacular aura aboutgonzo6up has a spectacular aura about

gonzo6up's Tacoma Gallery
great pics man! this kind of territory looks more familar to me since i'm just a little north east of you. You're right Rubicon's do kick ass and that is about all i have to go trail riding with. I still keep up well but some of the tight turns on hills push my limits against a rubicon
Old 05-22-2009, 09:23 PM   #15
BSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shedBSPDX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BSPDX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
no way in hell would i take my new truck over that bridge.my luck i would bite it and roll my truck.how would i tell my wife why my truck looks like a skateboard.
Just rail slide it like Tony Hawk...
Old 05-22-2009, 09:49 PM   #16
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
that trail looks fun..minus the mud though.. and the bridges look even funner too!

"pay to play"..yup, that about right.. i know that one all too well so don't feel bad about it!!

watch out for those loose boulders when backing..

just about every weekend it takes on a new shape..on my 3rd one now...

first time i tweaked the exhaust..had to replace from the cat to the muffler..

before my sliders..had to use a small piece from a 2x4 and a BFH to pound out the damage so that i can properly open the rear passenger door..

and this..wish i woulda had the All-Pro sliders with the kick-outs..

there's a few other things but no pics haha
Old 05-24-2009, 10:59 AM   #18
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Holy wow!
Old 11-11-2009, 03:24 PM   #19
dtr_duck is on a distinguished road
Army: squad leader/ team leader 1083rd combat hett maintanice
Name: steven
dtr_duck's Tacoma Gallery
yall r talking me into just useing the brutes for the trailriding and useing the truck for the hunting
Old 11-21-2009, 01:47 PM   #20
First I derp.. then I herp
mntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmntbiker2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Aaron
mntbiker2008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
that trail looks fun..minus the mud though.. and the bridges look even funner too!

"pay to play"..yup, that about right.. i know that one all too well so don't feel bad about it!!

watch out for those loose boulders when backing..

just about every weekend it takes on a new shape..on my 3rd one now...

first time i tweaked the exhaust..had to replace from the cat to the muffler..

before my sliders..had to use a small piece from a 2x4 and a BFH to pound out the damage so that i can properly open the rear passenger door..

and this..wish i woulda had the All-Pro sliders with the kick-outs..

there's a few other things but no pics haha

holy crap! id cry if i did that. all pro sliders with kick outs are being added to the list for when i finally gether up enough $ to buy a taco

OP... nice pics! id sissy out on the bridges though!