Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Azusa Canyon

Old 05-22-2009, 11:06 AM   #1
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Azusa Canyon

IS the water lower yet in azusa? I want to test out the new wheels in the mud havent been able to. I want to go rally this weekend, respond if you know any information.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:51 AM   #6
The Photo Ninja!
SiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marlon
SiRMarlon's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SiRMarlon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
You have to have 4x4 to get in they check.
I know it sucks!
Maybe you should have bought a 4x4
Old 05-26-2009, 11:12 AM   #8
Banned
ruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ruler's Tacoma Gallery
azusa canyon is OK but these days its patrolled way too much, last time I went I seen a forest service jeep following people around handing out tickets left and right, then It wasnt even time to close yet and they were making everybody leave, just waiting there and basically herding everyone out to the exit.

in my opinion theres much better spots where you dont have to pay to get followed around harassed, and cited. I dont get it they are taking your money when you pay the entrance fee then still have the nerve to give out tickets ? Im sure theres some idiots that mess it up for everyone but the place just seems played out now.
Old 05-26-2009, 04:53 PM   #9
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiRMarlon View Post
Maybe you should have bought a 4x4
I know I know. But Im in college and fortunate for what I have. Dont worry. Soon Ill get another tacoma and trick it out. Then I can hit up everything with you!
Old 06-01-2009, 02:45 PM   #10
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cool

Anybody go up to Azusa last weekend? When are they going to lower the level of the water? ANybody have insite on the damn letting water out? ANybody work for DPW.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:18 PM   #11
The Photo Ninja!
SiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marlon
SiRMarlon's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SiRMarlon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
I know I know. But Im in college and fortunate for what I have. Dont worry. Soon Ill get another tacoma and trick it out. Then I can hit up everything with you!
That's the spirit!!!
Old 06-01-2009, 06:44 PM   #13
project04wj is on a distinguished road
project04wj's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to project04wj Send a message via Yahoo to project04wj
If you would like to contact the San Gabriel forestry department ( ones who control the park.) the number is 626-910-1235 my experience with the phone people is that you have to ask specific questions. If you ask "where is the water level" they will tell you same as last weekend or something like that. so keep that in mind, and tell them your inquiring about the azusa canyon off road area. Hope this helped some , love me so mud too. And like the other gentlemen said they only allow 4wd and they do inspect for current registration also, and for any alcohol.

Peace
Ted
Old 06-02-2009, 09:06 PM   #15
Last Visit to Azusa I got pwnd by a rock, and destroyed my steering stabilizer. Took it off drove it home with no steering stabilizer, and no sways wo0t wild ride.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:45 PM   #16
the full Monty

I had a friend in asuza break his Back Ujoint and had to go to temple city on the front u joint. SO he end up getting like heavy duty truck u joint. He said when that happen he could only go like 20 mph.
Old 06-03-2009, 12:47 PM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
I had a friend in asuza break his Back Ujoint and had to go to temple city on the front u joint. SO he end up getting like heavy duty truck u joint. He said when that happen he could only go like 20 mph.
A good way to monitor azusa canyon. Is threw
http://acorausa.com/forum/index.php

There whole club is dedicated mostly to the canyon.

peace
ted
Old 06-03-2009, 12:58 PM   #19
Glad to be able to contribute so early in my membership here