Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

National Forest Laws

Old 06-21-2009, 06:11 PM   #1
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
National Forest Laws

Does anyone know the laws in the national forest about driving on a non designated road? I can't seem to find the kind of answer I need so I figured I would ask
Old 06-21-2009, 06:34 PM   #2
DanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanGer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmer View Post
they are kinda grey but FWIW there is no driving on an undesignated road or trail in the National forest system and the speed limit is 25 MPH unless otherwise specifically posted.
Thank you, i considered PMing you since you were the exact one I wanted to ask.

Now here is my issue:

I found an abandoned stretch of highway. I hiked to find it instead of driving. It is a long piece of old, decrepit asphalt but it doesn't intersect any of the forest roads, only the powerline right of way. The right of way has been clearly used for ATVs so I hiked it first to see if my tacoma would fit. It will but I am not sure the legality of the situation.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:35 PM   #3
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (2T2X1)Air Force Rigger
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
be careful or youll have a Helocopter chasing you through the woods.. which kinda makes me think of the signs in VA that say Speed is recorded by Aircraft.. like a Blackhawk is gonan come out of no where and chase down a corvette
Old 06-21-2009, 06:36 PM   #4
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09AFTacoma View Post
be careful or youll have a Helocopter chasing you through the woods.. which kinda makes me think of the signs in VA that say Speed is recorded by Aircraft.. like a Blackhawk is gonan come out of no where and chase down a corvette
Off topic but i actually did see someone pulled over by aircraft lol
Old 06-21-2009, 06:36 PM   #5
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
i know you cant have "fun" with your g/f in jefferson national forest at 1 am.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:38 PM   #6
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtragweed View Post
i know you cant have "fun" with your g/f in jefferson national forest at 1 am.
Shes gone, but

National Forest Laws-img_2072.jpg

Old 06-21-2009, 06:42 PM   #7
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
are you still at vt?
Old 06-21-2009, 06:44 PM   #8
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Ya I am taking summer classes. I absolutely LOVE it here over the summer. Other than almost daily rain showers, it is an absolute blast. That pic was taken on an abandoned highway I found near pandapas

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/spo...d-highway.html
Old 06-21-2009, 06:46 PM   #9
Beef Slut

Firefighter:
sweet good deal man, have you found a lot of the trails there
Old 06-21-2009, 06:48 PM   #10
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
sweet good deal man, have you found a lot of the trails there
Just one, but it is AWESOME. It runs all the way from the pandapas pond area down to Glade road just off of toms creek. It took me 5 hours and none of the off road club guys could believe i did it in a bone stock tacoma
Old 06-21-2009, 06:50 PM   #11
Beef Slut

Firefighter:
cool man i should take a trip down there one weekend, while im in state
Old 06-21-2009, 06:53 PM   #12
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
cool man i should take a trip down there one weekend, while im in state
Ya the trail is a little sketchy now. The bottom half changed hands from a owner who loved the offroad club, to one who isn't very enthusiastic about us.

We haul out as much trash as possible a few times a year and he doesn't realize we take it out while his redneck neighbors dump it back there.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:55 PM   #13
Beef Slut

Firefighter:
lol, gotta love blacksburg. let me know if yall are up for it, ill only be up for about a month
Old 06-21-2009, 06:56 PM   #14
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
lol, gotta love blacksburg. let me know if yall are up for it, ill only be up for about a month
Well classes end on the 6th of july, then I am headed back home until august. There are a few pretty deep mud pits up there that are very tough to navigate, but its fun
Old 06-21-2009, 06:59 PM   #15
Beef Slut

Firefighter:
let me know man, im living in warrenton until middle of august then i head back south
Old 06-21-2009, 07:06 PM   #16
DanGer's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have 4x4? Here is a taste of the easier stuff. I was fighting to not shit my pants when I had water up to my inspection stickers on the windshield so i didnt get any photos of the tough stuff

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...und-trail.html
Old 06-21-2009, 07:11 PM   #17
kroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shedkroggy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
kroggy's Tacoma Gallery
Your local ranger station should have maps of the area. Going by my knowledge and sources, if it's not on a Forest Service map it is not legal for vehicle travel. Stuff can be a little fun too, seasonal closures that aren't signed on the roads. Best bet would be to go get a Forest Service map, $5-10, and ask for a travel plan when you get it. The travel plan is an update to the closures and opening of the roads and the date when that happens.