1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bay Area/Northern California

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by Flaadog, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Dec 12, 2007 at 4:03 PM
    Flaadog

Flaadog [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacifica, CA
    Vehicle:
    2002 Double Cab TRD SR5 4x4
    Toytec 3" Pro Deluxe 1000 lift, Bedrug, Snugtop, Yakima rack, Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor 265/75R16
    Anyone know of or interested in some trail rides this coming Winter or Spring? I would love to get out and use the truck some. Other than going to Tahoe for some downhill, I need to put this thing in to 4 for a long time.

Anyone know of any Toyota or Tacoma 4x4 clubs around here?

Thanks!

2. Dec 26, 2007 at 11:23 AM
    BrianPK

BrianPK Offroad Enthusiast

Member:
    Modesto, California
    Vehicle:
    01 TRD 4WD V6 SR5
    CB Radio, 3'' fabtec spacer lift and 3'' body lift flowmaster dual exhaust, deckplate mod, silencer mod, Work in progress pioneer 7900bt stereo with 5X8 infinity speakers all around, and eclipse ex400 amp
    I haven't found any yet, but i'd sure like to join one. lemme know what you find

3. Dec 26, 2007 at 10:06 PM
    Flaadog

Member:
    Pacifica, CA
    Vehicle:
    Toytec 3" Pro Deluxe 1000 lift, Bedrug, Snugtop, Yakima rack, Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor 265/75R16
    Hey there Brian. So I have found a very strong group. I haven't met them yet, but found them none the less. Toyota Tacoma Off Road Association (TTORA). There are chapters everywhere, including Northern California.

There is supposed to be a Bay Area meet and greet soon. Not sure where you are, but hopefully it works out for you. I am going to do my best to make it. I also know there is a smaller snow run planned for this Saturday, and a big one in mid January.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

4. Dec 26, 2007 at 11:04 PM
    Flaadog

Member:
    Pacifica, CA
    Vehicle:
    Sorry, Toyota Territory not Tacoma.

5. Dec 27, 2007 at 7:07 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    It's all good my friend....

Back in the earlier days - it was called Tacoma Territory. :D
    I like the sound of that better anyway. I started wheeling with them back in 99 with the PA Chapter.

They should be a safe & responsible group of people to wheel with. It's a HUGE association with state chapters everywhere - so even if you have a bad experience (for some reason), you can always voice your thoughts to the higher authorites in the association. They DO CARE about what occurs out there on the trails, and they only want promote responsibility and safe practices.

Good Luck and have fun!!

6. Nov 5, 2008 at 1:51 AM
    Clipper

Clipper Western Alliance: Sierra's

Member:
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    '06 Taco 4X4
    I'm in the same boat as you are. I love wheeling but done like to go alone and don't know anyone to go with up here. If you have any info it would be appreciated i live just outside Sacramento.

7. Nov 5, 2008 at 10:25 AM
    Flaadog

Member:
    Pacifica, CA
    Vehicle:
    Hey Clipper. is a great place to start. Go to the Northern California Chapter. http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=83 We usually have something going on every month or two. And a good crowd usually shows up. This weekend is Surf n Turf down at Pismo Beach. It's a huge Toyota event. http://realcruiser.com/surfnturf/ There are at least a few of us showing up. http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111943

Have fun out there and tread lightly!

Products Discussed in

To Top