Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Front End Solid Axle Swap

Old 12-17-2007, 12:31 PM   #1
haneyjbh is on a distinguished road
Marines: F-18 Safety equipment Mechanic
haneyjbh's Tacoma Gallery
Front End Solid Axle Swap

I have been looking into a front solid axle swap for a 2001 Tacoma. A company by the name 'Front Range' makes one for $250.00 But you have to get all the parts. If you have good resources you could probaly do the swap for the same price as a Fabtech or a Pro -Comp suspension Kit. I basicly have an idea Just some second oppinions would be good to hear.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:48 PM   #2
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
This guy did it and has a parts list on his site.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:50 PM   #3
Towing Guru
maverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

maverick491's Tacoma Gallery
PM 350tacozilla. I believe he even has everything that you would need listed in the buy/sell/trade section on here.
Old 12-25-2007, 07:34 PM   #4
350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

350TacoZilla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 350TacoZilla
(corny sales music is qued) yes I happen to have a great deal of the parts involved...lol.... and the sale price for today only is... jk I have dana44 drivers drop,brakelines,steering box,shock hoops,front springs,steering shaft ... probably have something else...cant think of it but seems like I left something out
Old 01-01-2008, 11:07 PM   #6
350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

why would you send a poor guy there? I belong to the website over there but might have 3 or 4 posts...I'm rather ask my tacoma for help installing a nuclear electric plant then ask those guys what corn chips they eat
Old 01-02-2008, 03:58 AM   #7
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 350TacoZilla View Post
why would you send a poor guy there? I belong to the website over there but might have 3 or 4 posts...I'm rather ask my tacoma for help installing a nuclear electric plant then ask those guys what corn chips they eat
It's the best place for information regarding solid axle swaps. There are more folks over there who've done them than probably anywhere else (cept Pirate - and that's a hell-of-a-lot worse than TTORA).

It's not a bad place if you can get past the immaturity. I've been logging in there since 99....was a huge part of TTORA and PA TTORA and got all my experience through that association. Surely - it's not the same as it used to be but there ARE good people there whom are willing to help especially with solid axle information.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:06 PM   #8

yeah there are good guys everywhere (even on here lol) guess I'm just bias on it since i have never got a good response or seen a gstraight answer given over there.... most guys that ask a question like what type of oil chould I use in diff.? will get and answer that ranges from a single word answer like dipshit or ******....to a long drawn out attempt to make the person feel like a jackass for not knowing everything... seen that one on there and tried to help the guy out but I dont think he logged in ever again
Old 01-02-2008, 08:21 PM   #9
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 350TacoZilla View Post
yeah there are good guys everywhere (even on here lol) guess I'm just bias on it since i have never got a good response or seen a gstraight answer given over there.... most guys that ask a question like what type of oil chould I use in diff.? will get and answer that ranges from a single word answer like dipshit or ******....to a long drawn out attempt to make the person feel like a jackass for not knowing everything... seen that one on there and tried to help the guy out but I dont think he logged in ever again
You're gonna get that BS on all forums.

This forum is smaller and thus the overall amount of idiots is less. TTORA used to be a cool place when it was smaller. Back in 99 - it was only for Tacomas and the tacoma was only 4 years in production = less people. Now? TTORA is for ALL Toyota 4WD's and 12 years worth of production. That's a lot of people and a lot of idiots.