Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Shaver Lake/Swamp Trail Pictures - 07/24-07/26

Old 07-28-2009, 01:37 AM   #1
The Photo Ninja!
SiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marlon
SiRMarlon's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SiRMarlon
Shaver Lake/Swamp Trail Pictures - 07/24-07/26

So for those of you who don't know a couple of us headed up to Shaver Lake for the TTORA monthly run. And what was suppose to be a chill off-road trip turned into one of the most epic weekends ever!!! And I loved every fucken minute of it!!

So a quick rundown of this weekend goes like this...

Friday: The core group of guys all roll up to Shaver Lake and we all head to Bald Mountain to camp at the look out tower It was a great night under the stars and over looking the whole Central Valley!

Satruday: We roll out to Swamp Lake Trail which according to the Wells book is about 6-7 hours long and rated difficult! We later found out that this was actually harder then difficult! Hahaha...apparently no IFS rigs had ever tried to run this trail. It's been conquered by Solid Axles only so we were the first group of IFS trucks to conquer Swamp Lake!!! Hell yeah!!

But here is what made this run so epic...we just racked up 16 hours of straight wheeling with about 3 hours of sleep in between that! We started the run at about 1:00pm and did not end the run until about 10:00am on Sunday morning... one of the FJs that was with us blew his 3rd member climbing a slab of granite and we were not even halfway done with the trail!! Needless to say that trail got harder and harder as we had to pull him out of the trail. We ended up turning this into a night run and by the time 2:00am rolled around we decided to stop because it was getting tougher and tougher to navigate at night...

anyway for those of you interested in reading about all this epicness check out the threads on TTORA...this run was freaking insane!!

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthrea...=129836&page=7

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137379

Anyway...

So I am still working on the pictures...it's time consuming going through 500+ pictures and selecting the best ones and then editing so please bear with me!

Here is a teaser...

I will try and finish editing the rest of my shots tomorrow...

Here are some of my personal favorite so far... I was channeling Ansel Adams the whole weekend! Hahaha...

Old 07-28-2009, 01:41 AM   #2
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
GREAT images Marlon.

Can't wait to see the rest!
Old 07-28-2009, 02:48 AM   #3
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Old 07-29-2009, 01:30 PM   #5
The Photo Ninja!
SiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Here are some more I got done...

Old 07-29-2009, 01:31 PM   #6
The Photo Ninja!

Old 07-29-2009, 01:32 PM   #7
The Photo Ninja!

I should have the rest done by the end of the week...
Old 07-29-2009, 02:10 PM   #9
The Photo Ninja!

That was the beginning of the trail which was super easy! wait till I get to the good pictures! Hahaha
Old 07-29-2009, 02:12 PM   #10
dtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtrujillo63 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Denny
dtrujillo63's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to dtrujillo63
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiRMarlon View Post
That was the beginning of the trail which was super easy! wait till I get to the good pictures! Hahaha
Hurry up negra.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:17 PM   #11
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
impressive work man, simply impressive
Old 07-29-2009, 02:25 PM   #12
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Bump because people need to see this.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:21 PM   #14
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
When's the next one? That looks GREAT! Plus it cures my fix for pine trees!
Old 07-29-2009, 03:36 PM   #15
fighthedude is on a distinguished road
fighthedude's Tacoma Gallery
What type of camera and lenses are you using?
Old 07-29-2009, 04:35 PM   #16
The Photo Ninja!

Nothing special...I used my D70S and the 18-55 Lens all weekend long just because I wanted to get some wide scenic shots.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:57 PM   #18
MattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Matt
MattN03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
Dang! Im sooo jealous. Those are awesome pictures!
x2!
Old 07-29-2009, 05:34 PM   #19
The Photo Ninja!

The only bad part was that most of the harder stuff we ended up doing at night and I was not able to get any good shots but I will try and get the rest of the photos done tonight so I can get them posted.