Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Be careful where you wheel.

Old 12-22-2007, 10:19 PM   #1
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Be careful where you wheel.

Found this over on another forum and couldn't resist.

Be careful where you wheel. Seems someone was wheeling, got stuck and a flash flood happened.

Old 12-22-2007, 10:24 PM   #2
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
shit i don't envy that guy.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:51 AM   #3
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
Hello, police? , Yes I need to report my truck stolen....

(note to self...lose the muddy shoes before going to insurance agent's office)
Old 12-23-2007, 06:13 AM   #5
Towing Guru
maverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaverick491 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

maverick491's Tacoma Gallery
That looks like the beach and the tide came in to me.

I saw that happen to a bull dozer that was working on re-building the dunes in Avalon NJ a year or two ago. They wound up having to cut the dozer apart and take it out in pieces.

Part out the body pannels and junk the rest.
Old 12-23-2007, 06:15 AM   #6
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
So what's the story behind that?

The first thing that comes to my mind is, the guy was wheeling by himself, got stuck, and had to leave it there while he went and got help. If that were the case...DUMBASS!! (sorry, pet peeve of mine)

Always wheel with another vehicle and carry tow straps.

I hope he learned his lesson. He'll be lucky if insurance covers it.
Old 12-23-2007, 06:23 AM   #7
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Now I'd like to see a winch pull that out. Does the licence plate give any clues as to where the truck may be from? I'm suspecting it could be in New Brunswick, Canada.
Old 12-23-2007, 06:27 AM   #8
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
Now I'd like to see a winch pull that out.
That was after the flash flood.... It probably wasn't nearly as bad and a lot easier to yank out before the flood. Again, if there was another vehicle with him and a tow strap.

Besides that.... why didn't he call some friends or even a tow/wrecking yard to come out ASAP and get it out? That's why I wonder what the story is behind it.....
Old 12-23-2007, 03:55 PM   #9
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
Now I'd like to see a winch pull that out. Does the licence plate give any clues as to where the truck may be from? I'm suspecting it could be in New Brunswick, Canada.
Possibly TheMaster but the sticker in the top left corner makes me lean towards not.Our registration stickers are top right corner....If that water line was an inch lower....Either way,I'm awful glad that's not mine.
Old 12-25-2007, 07:38 PM   #10
350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

350TacoZilla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 350TacoZilla
ha ha merry christmas....eh that cant be fun to try and get out ...I've had a water line up to the shifters in my purple tacoma before... but not up to the top of the headrest lol
Old 12-26-2007, 08:54 AM   #11
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Kilo Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marines 1st Marine Division
kilo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Found this over on another forum and couldn't resist.

Be careful where you wheel. Seems someone was wheeling, got stuck and a flash flood happened.
Same thing happened to a friend of mine with his son and his truck. They waited to long to get to it and the rains got to it. I don't have any pics of that but here are some from Padre Island National Seashore....

Some people just don't think!!!!!
Old 12-26-2007, 11:23 AM   #12
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
I would probablly just finish burying it and report it stolen.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:54 AM   #13
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
I love this thread because none of these trucks are mine!

I learned a lot of lessons with my first truck (which also happened to be my first vehicle) -- a 1984 full-size Bronco. Aside from all of the projects needed just to keep it on the road, I managed to get that thing stuck and unstuck in some of the strangest situations.

The most stressful, by far, was on the beach with the tide coming in. I was shocked to learn that digging the tires in and sinking to the framerails doesn't help the situation. At least it didn't end up like most of these guys! I called for help in time, paid out the a$$ for a 15-foot tug, and learned the importance of tire pressure.

The Tacoma has been unstoppable for me so far. :knock on wood!:
Old 01-09-2008, 06:58 PM   #14
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
acording to the 2nd gen. taco commercials, our trucks are flood proof
Old 01-10-2008, 01:19 AM   #15
Wtf am i suppose to type here?
LazyRyan has a spectacular aura aboutLazyRyan has a spectacular aura about
LazyRyan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
acording to the 2nd gen. taco commercials, our trucks are flood proof
ahahahaha
Old 01-10-2008, 03:56 PM   #16
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BBozn6717Q