Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Hi Lift Jack questions

Old 08-09-2009, 06:55 AM   #1
mcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmcgiiver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mcgiiver's Tacoma Gallery
Hi Lift Jack questions

Brother gave me a high lift jack. I can't seem to figure out how I would sue it as a jack without scratching the heck out iof the truck or ripping plastic bumpers off. Can anyone tell me how they use their's? Maybe a link to a web site? I know how the jacks are used as winch and done that successfully as few times.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:57 AM   #2
PPD934 is on a distinguished road
PPD934's Tacoma Gallery
ME as a non offroader and first truck I have ever lifted was thinkinh the same thing this morning when I was looking in a mag.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:57 AM   #3
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
You will need sliders for the sides, this will allow you to lift 1 whole side of the truck.
A front bumper would allow you to lift the entire front.
A rear bumper would allow for the rear.
http://www.allprooffroad.com/05tacomatrailarmor

There are no lifting points on a stock truck, with the exception of the reciever hitch in the rear but I don't reccoment that for changing a tire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
Bag full o'Goodies - HiLift winch fit, spare D-shackles, HiLift Extreme 'nose piece', Slee tool and accessories.

HiLift on a large D-Shackle

Using the D-shackle mount with Slee Jack-Off tool - note that it will also slide into the jacking point on an ARB bumper

Using Slee tool to prevent HiLift from slipping on slider
Old 08-09-2009, 12:10 PM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
X2 on the rock sliders.

As long as they are mounted steady & firmly (to frame) that can support the entire weight of the vehicle.

If you have a hitch, you can insert the hi-lift into the 2" hitch receiver for lifting the rear end.

Hi Lift also has a couple accessories you can get..if it suites your needs.

http://www.hi-lift.com/accessories/lift-mate.html
http://www.hi-lift.com/accessories/bumper-lift.html
Old 08-09-2009, 02:12 PM   #5
PPD934 is on a distinguished road
PPD934's Tacoma Gallery
so with this being said, I will be fine on the rear end lifting since i have a hitch. but whats the best option for me on the factory front. With my 3 inch lift even what size home floor jack would be best and also the factory bottle jack is too short as well right to change a tire.