1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Hi Lift Jack questions

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by mcgiiver, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Aug 9, 2009 at 6:55 AM
    mcgiiver

mcgiiver [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Princeton, NJ
    Vehicle:
    2009 Access cab 4x4, 4 cyl, stick
    Aftermarket Driving Lights, Hidden Hitch, Removed rear headrests, Side protective moldings, vacuum gauge, Scan Gauge, Leer cap.
    Brother gave me a high lift jack. I can't seem to figure out how I would sue it as a jack without scratching the heck out iof the truck or ripping plastic bumpers off. Can anyone tell me how they use their's? Maybe a link to a web site? I know how the jacks are used as winch and done that successfully as few times.

2. Aug 9, 2009 at 6:57 AM
    PPD934

PPD934 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    06 silver double TRD
    Running bars, tinted window (, TSB mod ,885 coils, OME shocks up front, AAl and procomp 9000 out back, partially debadged/black out the others, weathertech floor mats, grillcraft grill, TRD skid plate
    ME as a non offroader and first truck I have ever lifted was thinkinh the same thing this morning when I was looking in a mag.

3. Aug 9, 2009 at 6:57 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    You will need sliders for the sides, this will allow you to lift 1 whole side of the truck.
    A front bumper would allow you to lift the entire front.
    A rear bumper would allow for the rear.
    There are no lifting points on a stock truck, with the exception of the reciever hitch in the rear but I don't reccoment that for changing a tire.

4. Aug 9, 2009 at 12:10 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
  5. Aug 9, 2009 at 2:12 PM
    PPD934

PPD934 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Western Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    06 silver double TRD
    Running bars, tinted window (, TSB mod ,885 coils, OME shocks up front, AAl and procomp 9000 out back, partially debadged/black out the others, weathertech floor mats, grillcraft grill, TRD skid plate
    so with this being said, I will be fine on the rear end lifting since i have a hitch. but whats the best option for me on the factory front. With my 3 inch lift even what size home floor jack would be best and also the factory bottle jack is too short as well right to change a tire.

Products Discussed in

To Top