Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Matagorda Beach Texas

Old 08-12-2009, 09:39 PM   #1
Happy Camper
SamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SamSter0077's Tacoma Gallery
Matagorda Beach Texas

You can buy a beach permit for $6.00 and drive 30 miles down the beach to Seargent if you want. If are a GEOCACHER, there is 3 4x4 Geo Caches you can locate here. I only drove to one, it was my first time at the beach with a 4x4 and my first time offroad in the new 4x4.. 1200 miles. Check out the photo's.. The bone stock truck had NO PROBLEM getting anywhere you wanted to go in the sand. There was quite a few people getting stuck, and the large diesel 4x4 were getting stuck too.. there is about 3 miles of beach where the thick sand is pushed to the side.. any 2wd minivan can get there, but further down the beach is much less people. We plan to go back and Camp on the beach and fish all night long while drinking.. TW meetup maybe?

Great sunset, great fun working the kayak out beyond the breakers..
6 miles down the beach, the GPS told us to take a sharp LEFT (that's inland for you Californians) over the Dunes.. there was nothing but saltgrass and big ugly bushes there.. oh, and the Geo Cache shown below.
My Awesome wife showing off the find, a few Hotwheels for the little one and a small lantern for the big kid.. always replace what you take with something else! leave "stuff" for the next family to find. Sadly, we were the SECOND to find..
We drove right up to the Cache, different for us.. we are used to having to Hike some ways to get there.

Home base was an LCRA RV park right there, it's only 4 years old and the showers are in excellent shape. Every Site has full hookups!
And yes.. there was fishing there.. my 5 year is quite the fisherman.. when given the choice between playing in the ocean, and fishing.. guess what he chose..
Old 08-12-2009, 09:52 PM   #2
BlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlancoTaco08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlancoTaco08's Tacoma Gallery
Nice,looks like you all had a great time
Old 07-23-2010, 03:23 PM   #3
I'm Not Your F***ing Brother
Paul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Paul's TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I know I'm resurrecting an old thread, but I figured since there was one that already existed, I would just add my pictures and share too.

Few Photos. Day at Matagorda Beach.

and of course we ate. Made bacon wrapped shrimp tacos with two corn on the cobs nicely grilled.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:09 PM   #4
Happy Camper
SamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SamSter0077's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet, Nice!
Old 07-23-2010, 09:56 PM   #5
Be a fountain, not a drain.
bambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shedbambooshoots is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kevin
bambooshoots's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great! No nuclear Mosquitos there i hope?
Old 07-23-2010, 11:02 PM   #6
I'm Not Your F***ing Brother
Paul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Paul's TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambooshoots View Post
Looks great! No nuclear Mosquitos there i hope?
I was there from about 11am to about 3pm and not once did i even see a mosquito. I grabbed a jelly fish by accident out of the water, though. anyways, none that I felt or anything.
Old 07-31-2011, 08:52 PM   #8
barneybwilde is on a distinguished road
Name: Marcus
barneybwilde's Tacoma Gallery
Matagorda is awesome, I live in Bay City and love going down to the beach! Can't wait till I get my Tacoma and ride some trails!
Old 08-01-2011, 07:36 AM   #9
Sac1 is on a distinguished road
Sac1's Tacoma Gallery
I work offshore & one of our yards in in Sabine Pass, TX. It is free to drive up & down the beach. You can go pretty far, but not near as far as you used to.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:36 AM   #10
SoTexTacoma is on a distinguished road

Name: Adrian
SoTexTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmmm. I'm in Victoria and this looks like a neat trip. Looking at a map, Do you begin in Matagorda and drive UP to Sargent? Also, are you driving on the north or south side of Matagorda East Bay?
Old 08-09-2011, 07:11 AM   #11
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, you have to get a beach permit there in Matagorda at the Citgo store (you'll see it) to drive on the beach. 9-10.00 per yr. Then go down to the beach and take a left going north. Sargeant is about 20 miles north. You go most of the way there but there is water between you and Sargeant when at the end. You can see it accross the water. You are driving along the beach which would be the south side of Matagorda Bay.

Here is a pic of the store in Matagorda where 60 hits the beach rd, 60 is in background where stop sign is....

Here is the end where Sargeant is accross the water..........

Fun along the way........

New Ford acronym = Found On Reef Dead..........

Weather that day. Foggy!......

My old silver 05 was prerunner and didn't air down, had balding NTGs & didn't get stuck so you shouldn't have any problems with 4wd.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:11 PM   #12
kolby34 is a jewel in the roughkolby34 is a jewel in the roughkolby34 is a jewel in the roughkolby34 is a jewel in the rough
Law Enforcement:
Name: Kolby
kolby34's Tacoma Gallery
I live in Sealy and we go to Matagorda and Sargent a few times a year. Never been wheeling down it though. We should get a bunch of us this Summer