Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Strapping Down Gas Cans

Old 08-18-2009, 11:16 PM   #1
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Strapping Down Gas Cans

How/Where do you strap the cans down? How many gallons of fuel do ya'll usually carry?
Old 08-18-2009, 11:45 PM   #2
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Well if its like a 5 gallon dirt bike one I either use the slack from the dirt bike strap(when the bike is in there) or take a tie strap and run it through the handle. I put one hook at each side of the rails.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:31 AM   #3
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
Well if its like a 5 gallon dirt bike one I either use the slack from the dirt bike strap(when the bike is in there) or take a tie strap and run it through the handle. I put one hook at each side of the rails.
yep
Old 08-19-2009, 10:53 AM   #4
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakleyTRD View Post
Do you have any pictures? I was just about to send you a PM about this, i noticed it in the BBQ pictures every time i try they just tip over and destoy my bed
word. Ive tried strapping stuff down before that way and its tipped over, maybe I'm just retarded but some pics would help...
Old 08-19-2009, 09:04 PM   #5
gvidas is on a distinguished road
gvidas's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 5-gallon can shaped like this:

On an 07 access cab, it fits real nice between the part where the wheel well protrudes into the bed and the cab wall, with the tapered end of the can matching the taper of the wheel well. I took a photo, but it's midnight.

I added a few low-test D-rings to strap it in separate from the bed rail tiedowns.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:24 PM   #6
Hi
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvidas View Post
I have a 5-gallon can shaped like this:

On an 07 access cab, it fits real nice between the part where the wheel well protrudes into the bed and the cab wall, with the tapered end of the can matching the taper of the wheel well. I took a photo, but it's midnight.

I added a few low-test D-rings to strap it in separate from the bed rail tiedowns.
Those are the exact gas cans I want/will be getting. Maybe I'll try that.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:34 PM   #7
Hunter423
Hunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant futureHunter423 has a brilliant future

Name: hunter
Hunter423's Tacoma Gallery
i have 2 off those excat cans guna buy two more but whats is the best way to strap them down using the stock bed set up of an 08 tacoma trd off road edition
Old 03-05-2011, 10:38 PM   #8
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
bump old thread with a new link for those who find it with search: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-gas-cans.html