Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

trails in virginia???

Old 01-09-2008, 07:28 PM   #1
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
trails in virginia???

i live about 30 minutes away from Washington DC.....which after hard searching, i have concluded is the absolute worst area to live if you like hitting the trails over the weekend.

i beg anyone who has any knowlege of the area...is there anywhere close to me, meaning that i don't have to drive 2-3 hours into pensylvenia, that has even a crappy trail? I'm desperate!
Old 01-19-2008, 04:24 PM   #2
06yoda is a jewel in the rough06yoda is a jewel in the rough06yoda is a jewel in the rough06yoda is a jewel in the rough

Navy: Engineman
Name: Tanner
06yoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
i live about 30 minutes away from Washington DC.....which after hard searching, i have concluded is the absolute worst area to live if you like hitting the trails over the weekend.

i beg anyone who has any knowlege of the area...is there anywhere close to me, meaning that i don't have to drive 2-3 hours into pensylvenia, that has even a crappy trail? I'm desperate!
Yea I would also like to know some trails in VA. I just bought my tacoma and am eager to go try it out. I live in the hampton roads area.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:06 AM   #3
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
George Washington National Forest in West Virginia might be a spot to look into. Although, it's been many years since I was there....some of the trails might be closed. Not sure...

We used to meet up with folks in Harrisonburg VA and travel west into West Virginia on Rte 33 into Brandywine and the trails aren't far from there.

Check out this website. http://4x4icon.com/ Each time we went there, he would guide for us. He knows that area like the back of his hand. Great guy!
He's got a lot of trail reports you can check out.
http://4x4icon.com/offroad/index.htm

GWNF is more of a stocker friendly trail system (that I remember) and not much to challenge you. Really nice scenery and enjoyable ride. Also, you might want to check out the Virginia Chapter of TTORA http://www.ttora-va.com/
Good Luck!
Old 02-16-2008, 07:08 PM   #4
Master
tacomajack is on a distinguished road
tacomajack's Tacoma Gallery
where in VA do u guys live? i live in alexandria. there is a fairly nice muddin trail located near the springfield area
Old 02-19-2008, 05:37 PM   #5
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomajack View Post
where in VA do u guys live? i live in alexandria. there is a fairly nice muddin trail located near the springfield area
that's awsome, i live in vienna, so pretty close to you. does this place have an adress, or is it more of an off the map kind of trail? have you driven the trail in your taco? if so, how was your experience?
Old 02-19-2008, 08:51 PM   #6
Master
it doesnt have an address, its an old access road for the train tracks and it was never maintained. next time im there i will take note of the street its on and let u kno. i have a prerunner btw, but hte first time i was there i made it through just fine, but last time i was there (about 2 weeks ago) i got stuck pretty bad, due to the amount of rain we have had recently. i got pulled out by my friends 4wd t100 and he had absolutely no problem with the trail
Old 02-19-2008, 08:54 PM   #7
2006nightrider is on a distinguished road

2006nightrider's Tacoma Gallery
Come on down to Fredericksburg....we have some trails down here

I never go on them of course, but some of the other 4x4 guys do
Old 02-20-2008, 05:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomajack View Post
it doesnt have an address, its an old access road for the train tracks and it was never maintained. next time im there i will take note of the street its on and let u kno. i have a prerunner btw, but hte first time i was there i made it through just fine, but last time i was there (about 2 weeks ago) i got stuck pretty bad, due to the amount of rain we have had recently. i got pulled out by my friends 4wd t100 and he had absolutely no problem with the trail

That would be great. as of now, the the nearest thing to an offroad trail withing a couple hours of me is crawling over those big piles of snow that the plows make at the end of a parking lot after a nice snow. as of now though we haven't had much this winter. but, as you know, friday's looking good for some snow
Old 02-20-2008, 05:45 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006nightrider View Post

yeah, i have an uncle that lives in fredricksburg with his family. he lifted up and slapped some muddin tires on a 4x4 go-cart, and has a pretty good time on the trails. unfortunately i don't get out to visit them too much. but next time i do, i'll make sure tohave him show me some good trails.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:39 PM   #11

haha, tomorow morning should be fun...there's probably more salt on the road than there will be snow
Old 02-21-2008, 11:06 PM   #12
Master
i would rather have snow on the roads than the damn salt. i just think its a pain in the a$$ to get off my truck
Old 08-07-2010, 04:49 PM   #13
ppleasants has much to be proud ofppleasants has much to be proud ofppleasants has much to be proud ofppleasants has much to be proud ofppleasants has much to be proud ofppleasants has much to be proud ofppleasants has much to be proud ofppleasants has much to be proud ofppleasants has much to be proud of
ppleasants's Tacoma Gallery
This thread looks like it's been dead for a while but I wouldn't mind knowing of anymore places around VA. I'm from just north of richmond and although we've got a lot of country and backroads, I don't hear of many(any) places to wheel that aren't 2/3 hours south/west of here.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:45 AM   #14
'10 DC TRD SPORT 6SPD
JBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant future

Army:
Name: JEREMY
JBarbaresi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006nightrider View Post

i'm in stafford, where in fburg do guys go?
Old 08-10-2010, 11:04 AM   #15
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
BuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BuckNakedBooda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBarbaresi View Post
i'm in stafford, where in fburg do guys go?
I would love to know where to go in Fredericksburg. I am just up 95 in Woodbridge and I am down there in Fredericksburg all the time...
Old 08-10-2010, 05:32 PM   #16
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
takern's Tacoma Gallery
i dont think there is anything in the NOVA area. i too live in woodbridge and have never found anything even worth the gas to get there
Old 08-10-2010, 05:40 PM   #17
'10 DC TRD SPORT 6SPD
JBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant futureJBarbaresi has a brilliant future

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by takern View Post
i dont think there is anything in the NOVA area. i too live in woodbridge and have never found anything even worth the gas to get there
this week i'm going to check out a couple of places in stafford that are supposed to be good. i'll let you know if i find anything worth while.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:59 PM   #18
takern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shedtakern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: marine corps
takern's Tacoma Gallery
alright thanks. maybe you can find something worthwhile
Old 08-11-2010, 09:23 AM   #19
'10 DC TRD SPORT 6SPD

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by takern View Post
hey i've got a hot lead for some trails in woodbridge, maybe one of you woodbridge guys can run by and check it out.

Take VA-234 (Dumfries Rd) towards Manassas. Turn right on waterway. Turn right on Cardinal Dr. Go about 1.5 miles and on the right hand side you will see a big hill with visible tire tracks heading into the woods.

Let me know if its any good.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:14 AM   #20
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
BuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BuckNakedBooda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBarbaresi View Post
hey i've got a hot lead for some trails in woodbridge, maybe one of you woodbridge guys can run by and check it out.

Take VA-234 (Dumfries Rd) towards Manassas. Turn right on waterway. Turn right on Cardinal Dr. Go about 1.5 miles and on the right hand side you will see a big hill with visible tire tracks heading into the woods.

Let me know if its any good.
I'm only a few miles away from there. I will check it out this weekend....