Off Roading on Long Island NY

Old 11-04-2010, 06:45 PM   #41
elcapo is on a distinguished road
Name: ivan
elcapo's Tacoma Gallery
whats b.c
Old 11-04-2010, 06:52 PM   #42
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
birth control
Old 11-04-2010, 07:03 PM   #43
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery

beech creek
then sunday to r.c
Old 03-05-2012, 05:24 PM   #44
BroncoAllTheWay is on a distinguished road
BroncoAllTheWay's Tacoma Gallery
Off road spts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesterdayz View Post
Have an 09 D cab Off Road, Looking to see what she can do. Does anyone know where there are some places besides the beach where I can do some off roading?
I know my name is a ford model but I can be very handy. I know numerous places that aren't legal on long island but are definitely safe offroading spots as far as cops and DEC. First is Shady lane (Huge Sand pit) Second is Hot water street (Epic mud bog) in shorem the powerlines but idk the street name and I know a whole lot more if you message me.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:26 PM   #45
Quote:
Yea, was thinking the same thing. Just wanted to see where other members on LI took there truck.
Try exit 64 LIE and find shady lane on your GPS huge sand pit =>
Old 03-05-2012, 05:28 PM   #46
Hot Water Street= No cops I mud bog there ADT
Old 03-05-2012, 05:29 PM   #47
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

or if anyone wants to wheel come to one of the meets......
we do alot of meets in south jerzy....
and a bunch in pa...
we have one coming up on march 23-25th at rausch creek....
they have trails for everyones abilitys....
Old 03-05-2012, 08:20 PM   #48
allrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud of
allrsdup's Tacoma Gallery
u guys realize this thread was from 2 years ago?
Old 03-07-2012, 08:35 AM   #49
1finetaco is on a distinguished road
1finetaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allrsdup View Post
u guys realize this thread was from 2 years ago?
Thats not really a problem when people are still looking for places to wheel up here. I dont know how it is down by you but the closest legit place to us is rausch creek which is about three hours from me. I'd love a place i can drive out to for a day and be back home for dinner. Thanks.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:53 AM   #50
Yesterdayz is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
Yesterdayz's Tacoma Gallery
I ended up just getting a beach pass. Lost of fun. There is a road you can take to get to the outerbeach, Not really heavy off roading, but still lots of fun, almost like you are in the middle of no where, a few miles also. Plus it is legal. No worries of cops busting you.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:23 PM   #51
she'll ride
nut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3 (Vet)
Name: Patrick
nut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I ended up just getting a beach pass. Lost of fun. There is a road you can take to get to the outerbeach, Not really heavy off roading, but still lots of fun, almost like you are in the middle of no where, a few miles also. Plus it is legal. No worries of cops busting you.
ive heard about this and want to get one, where do you get it and what beaches can you drive on? im not from long island but moved to sayville 2 weeks ago.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:39 PM   #52
BIG DADDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by nut View Post
ive heard about this and want to get one, where do you get it and what beaches can you drive on? im not from long island but moved to sayville 2 weeks ago.
if you get the ny state beach permit you can drive on montauk, hither hills,sore thumb,gilgo, and robert moses....
but u must be fishing and have fishing gear...although i rarley see it enforced....
there are other permits for smith point and a few others....
breezy point has one as well...
and there is a town of bablyon one too i belive....
check out the libba website...
Old 03-07-2012, 02:17 PM   #53
Yesterdayz is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
Yesterdayz's Tacoma Gallery
Yea, the beach pass is good for a few beaches, but Smith Point has the most to ofer in my opinion.

They have over a mile of beach to park on, you can light fires, and like brutalguyracing said they don't really enforce the fishing. I usually go out with my kids (5 and 4) around 5:00pm, everyone leaves about that time. Bought a small weber grill. make some food, light a fire and enjoy the quiet. No one bothers you, espicially if you have kids with you.

You need a green key card, those are $20 I believe and is good for 3 years, the beach pass went up last year, believe it is $85. You need proof of residency though, so your registeration needs to have your Sayville address on it.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:18 PM   #54
she'll ride
nut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shednut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AC3 (Vet)
Name: Patrick
nut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
if you get the ny state beach permit you can drive on montauk, hither hills,sore thumb,gilgo, and robert moses....
but u must be fishing and have fishing gear...although i rarley see it enforced....
there are other permits for smith point and a few others....
breezy point has one as well...
and there is a town of bablyon one too i belive....
check out the libba website...
sweet thanks for the libba info, never seen it!
Old 03-07-2012, 04:30 PM   #55
BIG DADDY

Yea I'm a memeber of the libba....they help keep our beaches clean and open.......
Old 03-07-2012, 06:02 PM   #56
CollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
CollegeKevin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yea I'm a memeber of the libba....they help keep our beaches clean and open.......
Does the empire pass include the 4x4 beach driving permit?
Old 03-07-2012, 06:03 PM   #57
BIG DADDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Kevin View Post
Does the empire pass include the 4x4 beach driving permit?
no
Old 03-07-2012, 06:08 PM   #58
CollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shedCollegeKevin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
no
Im new to the island and I cant find where you register your vehicle for beach access online. Can you direct me in the right direction. Thanks
Old 03-07-2012, 06:16 PM   #59
BIG DADDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Kevin View Post
Im new to the island and I cant find where you register your vehicle for beach access online. Can you direct me in the right direction. Thanks
you need to go to the park rangers office....n bring your reg....
its over on fire island / robert mosses
Old 03-07-2012, 06:17 PM   #60

Quote:
you need to go to the park rangers office....n bring your reg....
its over on fire island / robert mosses
Ok cool. Thanks a lot man