Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Off Roading on Long Island NY

Old 09-08-2009, 12:27 PM   #1
Yesterdayz is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
Yesterdayz's Tacoma Gallery
Off Roading on Long Island NY

Have an 09 D cab Off Road, Looking to see what she can do. Does anyone know where there are some places besides the beach where I can do some off roading?
Old 09-08-2009, 12:40 PM   #2
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
I know 09tacoLI is from the island. The closest place he has been was in NJ I think.

But I don't know for sure.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:54 PM   #3
Yea I figured that. Thanks
Old 09-08-2009, 01:40 PM   #4
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
Gota be some construction sites you could scope out and make a run up some hills, hit the mud, slam the ditch...that's what I do, and then get the fug out fast.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:42 PM   #5
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesterdayz View Post
Have an 09 D cab Off Road, Looking to see what she can do. Does anyone know where there are some places besides the beach where I can do some off roading?

Take a ferry over to CT. I'm sure there's a lot more places to offroad there than on LI.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:09 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscdave View Post
Gota be some construction sites you could scope out and make a run up some hills, hit the mud, slam the ditch...that's what I do, and then get the fug out fast.
Yea, was thinking the same thing. Just wanted to see where other members on LI took there truck.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:10 PM   #7
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
good question...
Old 09-10-2009, 08:22 PM   #8
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
rausch creek in pa or one of those other offroad parks
Old 09-10-2009, 08:31 PM   #9
Tim1968 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tim
Tim1968's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Tim1968
hot water street and the DEC property out in riverhead. fun fun trail, but expect to be washing your truck afterwards! hah let me know when you go out there maybe ill join you to break in my taco
Old 09-11-2009, 04:52 AM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim1968 View Post
hot water street and the DEC property out in riverhead. fun fun trail, but expect to be washing your truck afterwards! hah let me know when you go out there maybe ill join you to break in my taco
Riverhead is not to far from me. Might look into that. Thanks, and will let you know.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:29 AM   #11
East Ender
danb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddanb86 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
danb86's Tacoma Gallery
I'd take a head's up on that, too. Just picked up our 2010 4x4 I4. No off road experience but only one way to get it...

We're no more than 15 minutes from Riverhead in Hampton Bays...
Old 09-11-2009, 07:33 AM   #12
Soundwave has a spectacular aura aboutSoundwave has a spectacular aura about

Soundwave's Tacoma Gallery
Park ave in Manhatten looks like it has some pretty rough pot holes...
Old 09-11-2009, 02:29 PM   #13
Tim1968 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tim
Tim1968's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Tim1968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post

haha nice! and yet true.

hot water street is accessible from county road 51 just less than a mile west of suffolk community college. its not marked, its just a dirt road that goes back into the woods. once your back there you need to look out for your first left that is hot water st. if you keep going you will come to a very very muddy clearing called 'hunters garden' which also has several trails leading off of it. im just warning you now that they are very narrow and you will risk scratching up the side of your shiney new ride, i usually stick to hot water st ever since i buried my blazer down to the frame on one of those side trails lol. if your coming from port jeff though and your taking the LIE take exit 70 rt 111 south and you'll see hot water st comes up on your left after about a mile. it will definatly be fun to take a trip out there after all this rain!
Old 07-15-2010, 08:09 AM   #14
You guys still up for a run? My truck will be a year old August 1st and it has not seen any dirt yet. Let me know.

Quote:
Riverhead is not to far from me. Might look into that. Thanks, and will let you know.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:15 AM   #15
I found hot water street on Google maps. It this a trail off of the road? Any chance of cops showing up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim1968 View Post
Old 07-15-2010, 08:24 AM   #16
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I found hot water street on Google maps. It this a trail off of the road? Any chance of cops showing up?
idk li cops are d.b so i would say yes...
it would be cheaper to ride for a day at someplace legal
Old 07-15-2010, 08:45 AM   #17
I hear ya, but it is so much easier to just drive 15 minutes up the road hit some trails for an hour or so, and be home in 2 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
idk li cops are d.s so i would say yes...
it would be cheaper to ride for a day at someplace legal
Old 07-15-2010, 08:59 AM   #18
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I hear ya, but it is so much easier to just drive 15 minutes up the road hit some trails for an hour or so, and be home in 2 hours.
let me know how it is
Old 07-15-2010, 10:18 AM   #19
I will, would be cool to go with someone else just in case I get stuck...Any takers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
let me know how it is
Old 07-15-2010, 10:30 AM   #20
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
Urban off-roading!

I'm not sure how far you're looking to go or how much vertical you're looking for but you could venture into the Catskills or further north into the Berkshires or Adirondacks. There's lots of places to go wheeling and camping to make a weekend out of it.