1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Alabama - Good places for light wheeling?

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by jspadaro, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Sep 13, 2009 at 2:49 PM
    jspadaro

jspadaro [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    Former Tacoma Owner
    Blue Oval Mod
    I just upgraded to 4x4, and I'm in the Huntsville area. I want to start getting the new truck a little bit dirty, but since it's new and stock, I'm not ready to go for anything serious yet.

Can anyone recommend some light trails, fire roads, etc in the AL/GA/TN area where I can go find some mud?

2. Sep 13, 2009 at 9:05 PM
    Amos

Amos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Huntsville, AL
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 DC sport
    I have only had my truck for a month or so and I haven't found any good trails, but I have found a few mud holes.

There is a spot across the street from the land trust bike trails parking lot on Monte Sano. I pulled into it, but didn't go very far b/c there were two ways in, a mud hole and a hill that a dirt bike could easily get air on and I didn't have time to see if I could clear it or what was on the other side.

The mudding pictures in my gallery are from a dirt road that is in the Swan Creek Wildlife Management area in Decatur. There are a lot of dirt roads over there to explore and there was one major mud hole that I wasn't about to go through, especially without someone there to pull me out if I got stuck. You can find them on google earth and just go driving around over there and just try to stay as close to the river as you can.

I have heard, but not been under the I-565 bridge crossing the river and somewhere behind wal-mart, but not sure which one?

I know SuthrnTaco07 is in the HSV area and there may be a few others on here nearby. We should try to get a ride together sometime.

There is an offroad park in New Market that I haven't been to or heard anything about, but I was thinking about checking it out sometime.

3. Sep 14, 2009 at 8:14 AM
    jspadaro

jspadaro [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    Former Tacoma Owner
    Blue Oval Mod
    Good to know, I'll have to check out some of those places. There are some ORV parks, but I'm thinking my stock truck isn't ready for them yet. And yeah, I remember several people being in the area - if not huntsville, still nashville/birmingham/auburn/etc, I bet most people would drive an hour or two for a meet.

Products Discussed in

To Top