Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

stock locker delay!?!!

Old 01-26-2008, 09:00 AM   #1
04asphalt is a splendid one to behold04asphalt is a splendid one to behold04asphalt is a splendid one to behold04asphalt is a splendid one to behold04asphalt is a splendid one to behold04asphalt is a splendid one to behold04asphalt is a splendid one to behold04asphalt is a splendid one to behold
04asphalt's Tacoma Gallery
Question stock locker delay!?!!

how long does your locker take to engage/disengage? mine seems to take several minutes sometimes
Old 01-26-2008, 09:43 AM   #3
04asphalt is a splendid one to behold04asphalt is a splendid one to behold04asphalt is a splendid one to behold04asphalt is a splendid one to behold04asphalt is a splendid one to behold04asphalt is a splendid one to behold04asphalt is a splendid one to behold04asphalt is a splendid one to behold
Unhappy

here we go again with the "toyota build-a-truck"

my wife is getting a new car and it won't be a toyota
I grew up with toyota, tercel/celica/camery, and along with all the toyota cars my brother has had we never had all the defects! he switched to honda a few years back, I guess big brothers know.........
Old 01-26-2008, 10:44 AM   #4
Carolina Alliance Costal Div
2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of2003greenbean has much to be proud of

2003greenbean's Tacoma Gallery
i have to reverce and then go forward to get mine to come on you only can use it in 4lo
Old 01-26-2008, 11:30 AM   #5
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
I push my button and hear a click from the rear. Push it again and hear it click.

So, it takes as fast as it takes to push a button for me to turn it on.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:40 AM   #6
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
What does the manual say ? Are you under power when this is happening ? I know when I disengage the 4wd at highway speed I must de-accelerate before it disengages. maybe the same ?
Old 01-26-2008, 12:28 PM   #7
Exclamation

remember it's a prerunner 2wd

sitting still I press the locker switch and it begins blinking, sometimes several minutes (3-7) go by until it locks and the light goes solid.
just changed the oil and there was pressure in the unit!! unscrewed the filler bolt and poo, a bit of air pressure came out. I drove for about 15 minutes so it would get warm first.
also on the drain plug there was a good amount of grim built up on the magnet, not metal flakes but like anti-seize in the unit!?
Old 03-02-2008, 09:50 PM   #8
evile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevile is one of the sharper tools in the shed

evile's Tacoma Gallery
AT A STOP press the button the abs light will blink move the truck forward and it will engage. to disengage press teh button again and it will disengage some times you might have to turn the truck a little and will turn off
Old 03-05-2008, 06:49 AM   #9
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, after you hit the button you have to move the truck to engage the locker. sometimes forward and backwards and if that doesn't work then try moving with the wheel slightly turned. this is just how lockers work
Old 03-06-2008, 07:17 PM   #10
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I have a PreRunner as well. I have have created a handy dandy little phrase that tells you how to get it on.

Stop.
Lock.
And roll.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:20 PM   #11
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
sometimes it actually helps with the prerunner(auto) to put the truck into neutral, and you may still have to go reverse/forward to make it lock. it sometimes will get into a bit of a bind, but its usually not too bad.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:21 AM   #12
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
sometimes it actually helps with the prerunner(auto) to put the truck into neutral, and you may still have to go reverse/forward to make it lock. it sometimes will get into a bit of a bind, but its usually not too bad.

I have only used Neutral to engage it. Never park. Always clicked on and off a second after the button is pushed.