Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Best Weld-on sliders?

Old 10-06-2009, 10:31 AM   #1
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
jspadaro's Tacoma Gallery
Best Weld-on sliders?

Looking for input on the best weld-on sliders. I've heard great things about shrockworks, but they take forever to ship and are bolt-on. All-pro's apparently bend when you actually use them.

If I'm looking for some solid weld-on sliders, what's my best bet?

Also, sometimes I'm able to order weld-on's powdercoated... How does that work, doesn't the welding ruin the powdercoat?
Old 10-06-2009, 11:14 AM   #2
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sure there is more than one person who will recommend Demello's sliders.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:19 AM   #3
Seniore Marcos
Snyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant futureSnyperx has a brilliant future
Snyperx's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Snyperx Send a message via Yahoo to Snyperx Send a message via Skype™ to Snyperx
I got mine from 4xInnovations. Adam makes a great product!!!

http://4xinnovations.com/
Old 10-06-2009, 11:23 AM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I had a set of Demello Rock Crusher square tube sliders on my 96 tacoma. They were BOMBPROOF.

Granted...How you get them welded to your frame can make a big difference in how they perform (and how the frame can withstand it).

I had "L" brackets welded to the ends of the rock sliders (with gussets). The L brackets were placed up againest the frame and stitch welded to the frame.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:26 AM   #5
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
when powder coating or painting the person/people doing it should/will usually leave an inch or two bare at the welding point to get a clean weld. So, the paint doesnt ruin the welding. As far as which ones to go with, I just finished a similar search as yours. I ended up getting some from 4xInnovations. A member on here (FIRE931) has them and has reported excellent results after wheeling his truck pretty hard (as seen in his pics). They are relatively cheap compared to others on the market and, as mentioned, performance is good as well. Im actually getting mine today. Ill be painting them this week, and hopefully get them welded on this weekend. Ill try to keep you in mind and post pictures/results as the process goes on so that you have an option.

I dont know if your set on getting them powder coated but the process usually runs about $100-$140 depending on the seller. IMO, and as others have suggested, using some Rustoleum is much easier and cheaper. When u bang up powder coating your gonna have a tough time getting them touched up as theyre welded on to your truck. You may be able to do Rustoleum with the powder coat but Im not sure the textures/colors will match.

Just something to think about.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:28 AM   #6
jspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shedjspadaro is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I guess too if I just rattlecan them now, I could always line-x/herculine/durabak/etc them later, right?
Old 10-06-2009, 11:31 AM   #7
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspadaro View Post
I guess too if I just rattlecan them now, I could always line-x/herculine/durabak/etc them later, right?
yup.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:35 AM   #8
Fire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
yup yup.. go with 4xinnovations! i'm running the DOM version with the kickout.. these things have taken beating after beating with no complaints... not to mention they have a great price on them as well! once you get them go ahead and paint everything but the mounting bracket... after you get them welded on then finish up the painting! i rattle can mine several times a year to cover trail damage and whatnot. i just cut up acouple trash bags, tape them to the side of the truck and go at it. and wa la.. brand new sliders again..
Old 10-06-2009, 11:37 AM   #9
Cool beans. Has anyone had them linex'd? I'm thinking black linex would hold up better than paint, and provide a bit better grip to use them as a step bar in addition to a slider. Yes/no? Will the liner just scratch off at the first rock it sees?

4xInnovations seems like the way to go, now I just have to figure out what to do for my front.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:38 AM   #10
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspadaro View Post
Use Herculiner for the tops & sides....and rattle can for the underside (where the rocks will bite).

That's what I did....
Old 10-06-2009, 11:40 AM   #11
Fire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFire931 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
yea maybe putting something on the top would be ok for added traction when wet.. but the bottom is just gonna get scraped right off with the first rock.... i just rattle can all of mine, although i never step on mine either so it dosnt make much difference to me.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:43 AM   #12
Well, I don't need to step on them, but girls could use them, especially if I go up in tire size in the future. :P Stubbs welding, I'll keep that in mind.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:46 AM   #13
Keyser Soze
WATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud ofWATRD has much to be proud of

Name: Rob
WATRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Chiken View Post
I'm sure there is more than one person who will recommend Demello's sliders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
I had a set of Demello Rock Crusher square tube sliders on my 96 tacoma. They were BOMBPROOF.
X3 - Demello for the win.

I have a set of double tube Demello's, my second set. I have Hi-Lifted them, dropped them on rocks, pivoted off them and basically abused them in ways that I can't describe on a friendly forum... I have barely scratched the powdercoat. No way of knowing how much damage they have save me from, but it's considerable.

No reservations.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:46 AM   #14
come on fhqwhgads
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakleyTRD View Post
you can always weld on shrockworks sliders, mine are bolted with stitch welds along the plates, very solid.

also, where are you getting the info to make the claim that the all pro sliders "bend"??? their shit is not just for show and I have seen first hand that their sliders can take a beating.

Look into stubbs welding, they make a solid slider, very similar to shrockworks except you will have them at your door in a week
All pro sliders are all HREW afaik (or at least their most common sliders)

DOM > HREW.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:52 AM   #15
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running Shrockworks and they're extremely solid. Well worth the money, but possibly not the lead-time depending on when you expect to go 'wheeling.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:54 AM   #16
i don't have photo evidence, just what I've read about them in other posts on this forum. Never seen them in real life, I have no idea, that's why I say that's what I heard.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:26 PM   #18
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Gonna throw a X4 for the Demellos. I too, have heard of the All Pro sliders bending. To add, I belive All Pro has 3 mount points as opposed to 4...??
Old 10-06-2009, 12:29 PM   #19
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Use Herculiner for the tops & sides....and rattle can for the underside (where the rocks will bite).

That's what I did....
X2
Old 10-06-2009, 12:39 PM   #20
Fire931's Tacoma Gallery
well all i can say is i love my sliders.. they have 4 mounting legs, a nice kickout that i love to pivot off of... and are hella tough.. i'll take my $265 DOM sliders with a kickout over higher priced HREW kickout or not... and even if DOM is overkill for most people.. if you can get overkill for a better price... why not???

note... i'm not arguing with anything anyone says.. just pointing out the facts...