Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Is there a particular brand of lift that's considered the best for the Taco?

Old 02-20-2008, 04:23 AM   #1
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
Is there a particular brand of lift that's considered the best for the Taco?

My debate is to lift and void the warranty, or not lift. But, I'm lifting.

I only want a moderate lift of two to three inches. But want to know if there is a certain brand that's considered the highest quality of lift on the market.

This will allow me to put a 17 inch wheel and tire on right?
Old 02-20-2008, 06:01 AM   #2
Dutch will become famous soon enough
Dutch's Tacoma Gallery
A lot of people on here use Toytec, Daystar, Revtek (like mine), etc. Search the threads and see the pros and cons. Most of these smaller lifts are just spacers, which seem to work fine. Donahoe Racing (now called something else) makes a "so called" good front coil over, adjustable to 3" and a rear shock with remote cylinders that has been called a quality product. I am researching this now. They are quite proud of them however. Also......check the problems with tire rub in the threads. My BFG 285/75 R16 (Just under 33") rubbed the outside front of the wheel wells and the inside of the mud flaps before trimming. My lift is 3". Do your homework well on this one.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:27 AM   #3
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
I heard Toytec and Revtec and King were good but that Fabtech was not so good because they "wore out" quickly.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:43 AM   #4
Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division
TuRDTACO is on a distinguished road

TuRDTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TuRDTACO
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERdept View Post
I heard Toytec and Revtec and King were good but that Fabtech was not so good because they "wore out" quickly.
i'll second the notion of fabtechs not being the best, the fabtech bumper on my jeep broke after running into the side of a bridge. what a piece of crap!
Old 02-22-2008, 09:16 AM   #5
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
I looked on the Toytec website and don't see anything for and '08.

Any particular part numbers I should look for in either brand?
Old 02-22-2008, 09:49 AM   #6
BLOCKADE will become famous soon enoughBLOCKADE will become famous soon enough
BLOCKADE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuRDTACO View Post
i'll second the notion of fabtechs not being the best, the fabtech bumper on my jeep broke after running into the side of a bridge. what a piece of crap!
That comment made me laugh out loud.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:58 PM   #7
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
So I contacted Fabtech and found a thee inch kit I want with coils and a leaf spring in the rear and other misc parts. It's about $350.

I'm not mechanically inclined and don't want to learn and don't have the time to learn how to install it.

Any place in SoCal that installs such things? I'm near Long Beach, CA
Old 03-22-2008, 05:22 AM   #8
bisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant future

bisdak10's Tacoma Gallery
i work in downey and on my way home i see this shop for suspension, everyday lots of trucks from tacoma 2 fords no nissans...

before you lift your truck, research about rubs and vibrations and look for UCA's... thats the reason im hesitant to lift my truckk..
Old 03-22-2008, 10:16 PM   #9
XxMalfunktionxX is on a distinguished road

XxMalfunktionxX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
A lot of people on here use Toytec, Daystar, Revtek (like mine), etc. Search the threads and see the pros and cons. Most of these smaller lifts are just spacers, which seem to work fine. Donahoe Racing (now called something else) makes a "so called" good front coil over, adjustable to 3" and a rear shock with remote cylinders that has been called a quality product. I am researching this now. They are quite proud of them however. Also......check the problems with tire rub in the threads. My BFG 285/75 R16 (Just under 33") rubbed the outside front of the wheel wells and the inside of the mud flaps before trimming. My lift is 3". Do your homework well on this one.
The Donny's are solid..buddy has em on his taco..thing rides like a caddy..and takes whoops like a champ..theyre worth it..just like kings..theyre worth it..
Old 03-22-2008, 10:18 PM   #10

Quote:
So I contacted Fabtech and found a thee inch kit I want with coils and a leaf spring in the rear and other misc parts. It's about $350.

I'm not mechanically inclined and don't want to learn and don't have the time to learn how to install it.

Any place in SoCal that installs such things? I'm near Long Beach, CA
I am not a fabtech fan..but you might wanna check with like Big O or some places like that..they do installs on these kits sometimes i think..
Old 03-22-2008, 10:20 PM   #11

Quote:
if your truck is just 2WD then dont waste the money on a expensive kit when you wont really see the benefits..get a readylift kit and throw some bigger tires on there..you get a good size lift in the front..nice baja type look and its not costly and easy to put on..
Old 03-22-2008, 10:44 PM   #12
Stealer of Souls
Charli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck?
Charli's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My debate is to lift and void the warranty, or not lift. But, I'm lifting.
According to Toytec's FAQ page, it doesn't void the warranty. But then I've no personal proof of that beyond what they say. I went with Toytec partially because of good reviews from ppl on this site. Homework is key tho.