1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is there a particular brand of lift that's considered the best for the Taco?

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by ERdept, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Feb 20, 2008 at 3:23 AM
    ERdept

ERdept [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    My debate is to lift and void the warranty, or not lift. But, I'm lifting.

I only want a moderate lift of two to three inches. But want to know if there is a certain brand that's considered the highest quality of lift on the market.

This will allow me to put a 17 inch wheel and tire on right?

2. Feb 20, 2008 at 5:01 AM
    Dutch

Dutch Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Taco
    A lot of people on here use Toytec, Daystar, Revtek (like mine), etc. Search the threads and see the pros and cons. Most of these smaller lifts are just spacers, which seem to work fine. Donahoe Racing (now called something else) makes a "so called" good front coil over, adjustable to 3" and a rear shock with remote cylinders that has been called a quality product. I am researching this now. They are quite proud of them however. Also......check the problems with tire rub in the threads. My BFG 285/75 R16 (Just under 33") rubbed the outside front of the wheel wells and the inside of the mud flaps before trimming. My lift is 3". Do your homework well on this one.

3. Feb 22, 2008 at 12:27 AM
    ERdept

Member:
    I heard Toytec and Revtec and King were good but that Fabtech was not so good because they "wore out" quickly.

4. Feb 22, 2008 at 12:43 AM
    TuRDTACO

TuRDTACO Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    HAD 07 TRD OFFROAD PRERUNNER
    small dent on the hood, new foglight bulb, roughed up bedliner, been smoked in, suspicious stains on the passenger seat, boogers on the drivers seat, dirty floor mats, girl doodles on the dirty windows, loose wiring
    i'll second the notion of fabtechs not being the best, the fabtech bumper on my jeep broke after running into the side of a bridge. what a piece of crap!

5. Feb 22, 2008 at 8:16 AM
    ERdept

Member:
    I looked on the Toytec website and don't see anything for and '08.

Any particular part numbers I should look for in either brand?

6. Feb 22, 2008 at 8:49 AM
    BLOCKADE

BLOCKADE Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    Weather Tech Floor Liners, Front Bed D-Rings...
    That comment made me laugh out loud.:)

7. Feb 23, 2008 at 12:58 PM
    ERdept

Member:
    So I contacted Fabtech and found a thee inch kit I want with coils and a leaf spring in the rear and other misc parts. It's about $350.

I'm not mechanically inclined and don't want to learn and don't have the time to learn how to install it.

Any place in SoCal that installs such things? I'm near Long Beach, CA

8. Mar 22, 2008 at 4:22 AM
    bisdak10

bisdak10 Well-Known Member

Member:
    cerritos, ca
    Vehicle:
    07 trd dc sprt 4x4
    back up sensor, snuglid, nerf bars, grillcraft, hella 500's. moto metal 957, 275/70/17 (cant remmber the tires right now). 3 inch lift
    i work in downey and on my way home i see this shop for suspension, everyday lots of trucks from tacoma 2 fords no nissans...

before you lift your truck, research about rubs and vibrations and look for UCA's... thats the reason im hesitant to lift my truckk..

9. Mar 22, 2008 at 9:16 PM
    XxMalfunktionxX

XxMalfunktionxX Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County,California
    Vehicle:
    2008 4x4 TRD SPORT SR5 Double Cab
    K&N Drop in, Bilstein 5100's in front with Readylift kit on top for a 3 in. lift in the front and a 1 in. block in the rear. Next project is going to be TRD Supercharger and Camburg coilover long travel system with custom skid plate and tubes. Maybe some new tires and wheels then..
    The Donny's are solid..buddy has em on his taco..thing rides like a caddy..and takes whoops like a champ..theyre worth it..just like kings..theyre worth it..

10. Mar 22, 2008 at 9:18 PM
    XxMalfunktionxX

Member:
    Orange County,California
    Vehicle:
    K&N Drop in, Bilstein 5100's in front with Readylift kit on top for a 3 in. lift in the front and a 1 in. block in the rear. Next project is going to be TRD Supercharger and Camburg coilover long travel system with custom skid plate and tubes. Maybe some new tires and wheels then..
    I am not a fabtech fan..but you might wanna check with like Big O or some places like that..they do installs on these kits sometimes i think..

11. Mar 22, 2008 at 9:20 PM
    XxMalfunktionxX

Member:
    Orange County,California
    Vehicle:
    if your truck is just 2WD then dont waste the money on a expensive kit when you wont really see the benefits..get a readylift kit and throw some bigger tires on there..you get a good size lift in the front..nice baja type look and its not costly and easy to put on..

12. Mar 22, 2008 at 9:44 PM
    Charli

Charli Stealer of Souls

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck?
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '06 Black Sand 4X4 SR5 TRD Sport V6 Access Ca
    Towing pkg with Mossberg hitch cover, Toyota tube steps, 3" Toytec lift and TSB, 1" diff drop, Tacoma World sticker, sockmonkey decals
    According to Toytec's FAQ page, it doesn't void the warranty. But then I've no personal proof of that beyond what they say. I went with Toytec partially because of good reviews from ppl on this site. Homework is key tho.

Products Discussed in

To Top