Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

So Cal, trails and off road

Old 04-23-2008, 10:02 AM   #41
XxMalfunktionxX is on a distinguished road

XxMalfunktionxX's Tacoma Gallery
ya know what..im thinking of Modjeska Canyon...which is kinda near Trabuco..but I dont know if I have been into Trabuco..maybe...its off Santiago Canyon Road..basically the canyon road that takes you down to Cooks Corner and stuff like that..Holy Jims too...
Old 04-23-2008, 10:14 AM   #42
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
yeah, its off Santiago Canyon Road... It looked fun, i was there last night but i didn't take the trail.....I dont think my tires are up for it.....I still have the stock Dunlops and they're pretty much bald now...
Old 04-23-2008, 10:30 AM   #43

wow so which one is it thats opened? hey let me know if you wanna wheel out there sometime..im moving soon..back up north..id like to spin some dirt and hit a trail or two before I leave..if its open today..ill go.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:39 AM   #44
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxMalfunktionxX View Post
wow so which one is it thats opened? hey let me know if you wanna wheel out there sometime..im moving soon..back up north..id like to spin some dirt and hit a trail or two before I leave..if its open today..ill go.
I think its always open...My friend said its never closed.....they dont even have a gate or anything installed. I would go, but like i said my tires are near bald and i seriously think they wouldn't make the trail......
Old 04-23-2008, 10:47 AM   #45

ya im sorry i forgot about your tires you mentioned..hey let me know where that entrance is at..I dont think I know that one..give me a call if you have a chance..maybe you can explain it better than typing it..lol

714-308-1907 / Joe(Malfunktion)
Old 04-23-2008, 11:00 AM   #46

lol.....honestly....i just remember it being off Santiago Canyon Road.......My friend is the one that knows EXACTLY how to get there.... I'll give him a call later on and let you know....(he doesn't get off till like 6.. i think.)
Old 04-25-2008, 11:08 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxMalfunktionxX View Post
ya im sorry i forgot about your tires you mentioned..hey let me know where that entrance is at..I dont think I know that one..give me a call if you have a chance..maybe you can explain it better than typing it..lol

714-308-1907 / Joe(Malfunktion)
My friend wont answer his damn phone.....I'll let u know as soon as i can get a hold of him..sorry
Old 04-25-2008, 11:09 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruler View Post
we should get a group together this weekend at hit some local trails, how many people are up for it ?
That would be cool...Where would we go though?
Old 04-29-2008, 07:48 AM   #50
bisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant future

bisdak10's Tacoma Gallery
im available on may 11th, we can hit up the santa ana canyon, no need for new tires, you can climb most of the hills with just 2wd... its mostly main roads...

i will take the easy trails and show you the hard ones for you guys to climb... i dont have any sliders yet and no lift yet with stock tires...

modjeska canyon or any orange canyon entrances to the main divide CLOSED!!! i tried and drove all of them, wasted my gas!!!
Old 04-30-2008, 10:38 AM   #51
J4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

J4RR's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys;
Just wanted to let you guys know that ToyotaNation is having another San Diego tacoma meet on 05/10 and some of us are planning on going to Anza Borrego. I didn't go to the last one but I think there was like 15 tacos there.
A bunch of us from OC are all rolling over there together so any one in the OC or LA area want to meet up let me know.
Not sure if that info is posted here, if so my bad.

I have everything on my truck except for the wheels and tires (stock ones are getting bald) hopefully I can get my wheels and tires before the meet, not sure if my tires will hold up for Anza.

Anyhow I'm in the OC and always down to hit up some trails around here.
Easy trails for now untill the wheels and tires are on.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:25 PM   #52
bisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant future

bisdak10's Tacoma Gallery
i know this is in the wrong forum but i think i might get some answers here...

so... here is my question,

does anyone know of a shop that can install lifts that is reliable? i will be intalling 3" toytec and aals. anywhere in socal i am willing to drive.

thanks a lot in advance
Old 05-03-2008, 11:30 PM   #53
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah im slacking i should post a flyer here about the san diego meet, oh and it was 22 trucks that showed up some guys do wanna get a trail run and what i was thinking our next meet would be a trail run.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4RR View Post
Hey guys;
Just wanted to let you guys know that ToyotaNation is having another San Diego tacoma meet on 05/10 and some of us are planning on going to Anza Borrego. I didn't go to the last one but I think there was like 15 tacos there.
A bunch of us from OC are all rolling over there together so any one in the OC or LA area want to meet up let me know.
Not sure if that info is posted here, if so my bad.

I have everything on my truck except for the wheels and tires (stock ones are getting bald) hopefully I can get my wheels and tires before the meet, not sure if my tires will hold up for Anza.

Anyhow I'm in the OC and always down to hit up some trails around here.
Easy trails for now untill the wheels and tires are on.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:32 AM   #54
J4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

J4RR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisdak10 View Post
i know this is in the wrong forum but i think i might get some answers here...

so... here is my question,

does anyone know of a shop that can install lifts that is reliable? i will be intalling 3" toytec and aals. anywhere in socal i am willing to drive.

thanks a lot in advance
You could go to Demello Offroad they build quality stuff and great workmanship but are a little pricey.
Most guys on these forums could probably help you out though, that particular lift is not difficult to install.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:17 PM   #55
and1ev is on a distinguished road
and1ev's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to and1ev
Anybody on the Central Coast (San Luis Obispo) know any good places I can take my 2wd trd off roading?
Old 10-30-2008, 10:06 PM   #57
Lucky Sumtyms is on a distinguished road
Lucky Sumtyms's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruler View Post
I checked out dirtopia and looked through the list of trails and hit the burns canyon trail from big bear to yucca valley this weekend.

http://www.dirtopia.com/wiki/Burns_Canyon_Trail

It was a pretty good trail took about 2 1/2 hours, it started snowing lightly when I entered the cactus flats OHV staging area, and pretty much the rest of the way until I got to the end of the trail near pioneertown. Most of the trail was well graded with some rough spots in between, nothing my taco couldnt handle !
I know the trail and pioneer town very well. If you were out that way you should go back to dirtopia and search old dale. Quite an enjoyable venture.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:19 PM   #58
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by and1ev View Post
Anybody on the Central Coast (San Luis Obispo) know any good places I can take my 2wd trd off roading?
you can mob your truck in the dunes.. jusat air way down!
Old 10-31-2008, 02:28 PM   #59
Banned
ruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ruler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Sumtyms View Post
I know the trail and pioneer town very well. If you were out that way you should go back to dirtopia and search old dale. Quite an enjoyable venture.

thanks for the tip, think I will make my way out there this weekend and check it out..

Lately I have been going to Gorman and the surrounding areas frequently.. Theres alot of trails out there
Old 10-31-2008, 02:37 PM   #60
Runs with Scissors
Radelix has a spectacular aura aboutRadelix has a spectacular aura about

Radelix's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Radelix
I need to run a good prerunner friendly trail. Suggestions?