Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

So Cal, trails and off road

Old 02-20-2008, 04:01 PM   #1
Banned
ruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ruler's Tacoma Gallery
So Cal, trails and off road

Hello, just joined a few weeks ago and just wanted to see how many Taco enthusiasts have ventured off road in Southern California or know of some good trails. Look forward to your input. Thanks
Old 02-20-2008, 04:55 PM   #2
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
Here's a site with a list of a couple areas:
http://http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=1170
Hope this helps!!
Old 02-21-2008, 02:37 AM   #3
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
In Gorman. It's Hungry Valley and designated as an offroad area with LOTS of trails, climbs, hills, rocks, valleys, etc.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:35 AM   #4
Banned
ruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ruler's Tacoma Gallery
anyone in socal hit any trails lately?

just last week went to lytle creek and theres still a bit of snow, lots of puddles of melted snow, and mud if you wanna get your taco dirty ! thinking of going back this weekend
Old 03-14-2008, 12:03 PM   #5
J4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

J4RR's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in OC and the last trail i hit was Holy Jim's, short but fun trail if you find the small hidden off trials. Main divide; Indian truck trail is cool too.
Part of Main divide is closed though but I think Indian truck trial is cool.
Main divide at a steady pace will take around 2.5 hours, south oc are all they way to Corona or vice versa.
They are alot of really good trails in so. cal though!
Old 03-14-2008, 12:06 PM   #6
J4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shedJ4RR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

J4RR's Tacoma Gallery
Forgot one thing; this site will take you too and give info and ratings on more trails that you will ever be able to run!
http://www.dirtopia.com/wiki/Main_Page
Old 03-16-2008, 09:15 AM   #7
LARGE Member
BLUVVV has a spectacular aura aboutBLUVVV has a spectacular aura aboutBLUVVV has a spectacular aura about

Name: Bryce
BLUVVV's Tacoma Gallery
I lived in a nice little town in north county San Diego called Valley Center...its 10 sq. miles and you can go from one side to the other without hitting pavement...You can find trails and go offroad every where...and the cops dont even care!
Old 03-17-2008, 10:32 AM   #8
Banned
ruler's Tacoma Gallery
I checked out dirtopia and looked through the list of trails and hit the burns canyon trail from big bear to yucca valley this weekend.

http://www.dirtopia.com/wiki/Burns_Canyon_Trail

It was a pretty good trail took about 2 1/2 hours, it started snowing lightly when I entered the cactus flats OHV staging area, and pretty much the rest of the way until I got to the end of the trail near pioneertown. Most of the trail was well graded with some rough spots in between, nothing my taco couldnt handle !
Old 03-18-2008, 12:25 PM   #9

J4RR's Tacoma Gallery
Cool sounds like a cool trail! i need to start hitting some more trails again. In the process of rigging the truck to be more capable than it already is.
Old 03-22-2008, 04:17 AM   #10
bisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant future

bisdak10's Tacoma Gallery
i went to some trail in corona (exit lincoln) it connects to the main divide. no need for 4x4 if you stay in the main road, lots of detours for more serious 4x4. i ddnt finish the whole trail because it was getting dark. in the summer time, lets go climb it again...
Old 03-22-2008, 09:53 PM   #11
XxMalfunktionxX is on a distinguished road

XxMalfunktionxX's Tacoma Gallery
Hey you OC fellas should give me a ring or let me know somehow when you get ready to roll out next..I live in OC also and would be cool to go wheelin' with you guys..i have a few buddies who go also and it would be alot of fun..I go to Silverwood Lake area..near the Hesperia city limits..there are some great dirt roads out there..we shoot out there also..so its pretty nice..gets muddy..dusty..and you can really have a blast..Holy Jims is fun also..too short in my opinion..
Old 03-23-2008, 12:58 PM   #12
Max is on a distinguished road

Max's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruler View Post
anyone in socal hit any trails lately?

just last week went to lytle creek and theres still a bit of snow, lots of puddles of melted snow, and mud if you wanna get your taco dirty ! thinking of going back this weekend

i was up there last weekend, i eneded up bringing a sled there was so much snow. Its weird there it was like 75 degrees with knee deep snow...
Old 03-23-2008, 01:00 PM   #13

Max's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisdak10 View Post
i went to some trail in corona (exit lincoln) it connects to the main divide. no need for 4x4 if you stay in the main road, lots of detours for more serious 4x4. i ddnt finish the whole trail because it was getting dark. in the summer time, lets go climb it again...
oh i think your talking about skyline. when was the last time u went, because i heard it was closed till next summer due to fires?
Old 03-23-2008, 01:40 PM   #14

The part of the trail that I know of that goes out towards Corona starts(for me it starts out here) in Silverado Canyon..at the end there is a fire trail opening and it goes for a real long time..I believe that it is still closed..due to the fires..sadly..its a real cool trail..
Old 03-23-2008, 06:06 PM   #15

Max's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxMalfunktionxX View Post
The part of the trail that I know of that goes out towards Corona starts(for me it starts out here) in Silverado Canyon..at the end there is a fire trail opening and it goes for a real long time..I believe that it is still closed..due to the fires..sadly..its a real cool trail..
yea and at main divide at the top u can take a trail taking you out near Elsinore almost. i loved that trail, if u go during the winter sometime at the radio tower at the top there will be snow
Old 03-25-2008, 01:47 AM   #16
bisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant future

bisdak10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
oh i think your talking about skyline. when was the last time u went, because i heard it was closed till next summer due to fires?

is it skyline? well i went about 1mnth ago... there is a new homes construction when i went. it was a weekend and i just had to drive over some freshly graded land and up the curb and on my way to the mountain.. lots of people went... anyone wants to go this wikend?
Old 03-25-2008, 08:28 AM   #17

I might be interested in going..find out where the location is..If its in the Silverado area its closed. Thats the one me and my buddy used to hit all the time until the area got BBQ'd and they shut the gates..
Old 03-26-2008, 12:27 PM   #18
Banned
ruler's Tacoma Gallery
its good to see some socal locals hitting the trails, post some pics if you guys got any.. Im gonna upload some of mine later on when I get home

hopefully I'll get to do some offroading this weekend, still not sure where im gonna go but looking for somewhere I havent been yet.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:34 PM   #19
Pepsi
Playz will become famous soon enoughPlayz will become famous soon enough

Playz's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Playz Send a message via Yahoo to Playz
I live in LA county so anyone feel like going for a drive feel free to hit me up. I been to Azusa Cayon a few times, Calico, Cleghorn, and BigBear. For me I have to say Big Bear is the most fun. Right now the trails are very muddy and alot of deep pools of water. I was there two weeks ago. I'm not a hard core offroader I just like to get dirty so it's perfect for me. There are some trails though that I just can't go through.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:31 PM   #20
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
Hey.....In Azusa Canyon you can only get in if you have a 4x4..right??