Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Death Valley Off-Road Adventures

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-06-2010, 10:13 AM   #21
Boosted17 is just really niceBoosted17 is just really niceBoosted17 is just really niceBoosted17 is just really nice

Name: Cliff
Boosted17's Tacoma Gallery
Nice pics!
Old 03-03-2010, 11:22 PM   #22
4th MAW
ETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: MASS 6 El Toro
ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETAV8R View Post
Here is a good site with a lot of info:
http://www.wilddeathvalley.com/
So checking in with this website prior to my planned trip next month and it seems it has totally changed. Super bummed as that was a great website. Anyone know more info on it?
Old 03-03-2010, 11:27 PM   #24
4th MAW
ETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shedETAV8R is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, I'll check it out and I found the older page with tons of info:
http://members.aceweb.com/oldtrailma...troduction.htm
Old 03-04-2010, 03:40 AM   #25
4th MAW

ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
Looking at the NPS site it says Titus canyon and Saline are closed as are several others. Anyone here have any recent knowledge about road closures in DV? I know from reading there are road closed signs up year round at certain areas.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:20 AM   #26
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice Crom... I want to go! Last time in Death Valley was on a college geology field trip (1980)!

The Toyota photos were taken in Baja California... look at the 2009 Tacoma brochure. Still no 2010 Tacoma brochures at my dealer... but I already have the truck! LOL
Old 03-04-2010, 10:24 AM   #27
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETAV8R View Post
Looking at the NPS site it says Titus canyon and Saline are closed as are several others. Anyone here have any recent knowledge about road closures in DV? I know from reading there are road closed signs up year round at certain areas.
Yes. Due to all the rain we have had, it looks like many of the backcountry roads are closed due to excessive mud and flood damage.

http://www.nps.gov/deva/planyourvisi...conditions.htm

I had planned another four day trip to DV in February but instead opted to stay local in Anza-Borrego. Know knowning those roads were closed I am glad I didn't go. I love DV, and I can't wait to go back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
Very nice Crom... I want to go! Last time in Death Valley was on a college geology field trip (1980)!

The Toyota photos were taken in Baja California... look at the 2009 Tacoma brochure. Still no 2010 Tacoma brochures at my dealer... but I already have the truck! LOL
Good to know! Thanks.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:28 AM   #28
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
I need to get out there, great pics!
Old 03-06-2010, 07:38 AM   #30
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/29
Redgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
Redgrom's Tacoma Gallery
taged
Old 03-07-2010, 03:59 PM   #31
4th MAW

ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
I'm heading out the first week of April with family. One night at Furnace Creek and one or two camping. Still trying to figure out how much I can see within a few days.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:47 PM   #32
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Butte Valley / Warm Springs Canyon Road
High clearance, 2WD vehicles first 10 miles to Warm Springs mine, then high clearance 4WD the next 12 miles to Butte Valley. High clearance 4WD is required to enter/exit through Goler Canyon. Spur roads in area: Gold Hill, Willow Springs, Redlands Canyon, and Arrastre Spring. No camping first 2 miles from West Side Road. Rough 4x4 high clearance over Mengel Pass.

It's just my opinion but this road was not much when compared to trails like Gold Mine in Big Bear or Cleghorn Bypassed even before this winter washout ...
Old 03-12-2010, 07:33 PM   #33
.Trdtaco315. is on a distinguished road

Name: Will
.Trdtaco315.'s Tacoma Gallery
pretty awesome! i was lookin into goin there but i dont have 4x4
you think ill need 4x4?
Old 03-12-2010, 08:45 PM   #34
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
+1 on Saline Valley. Not so much for the wheeling but it's worth the trip to hit up the hotsprings; there are like 5 sweet soaking tubs people have built and they ain't shabby.

Nearby there is some good stuff too. A little bit of slick rock near Lone Pine, and some good rocky mountain trails around Bishop.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:54 AM   #35
4th MAW

ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
Wanted to share for those who don't know or have this book it is great:http://www.amazon.com/Death-Valley-B..._bxgy_b_text_b

I got it about a week ago and at first was intimidated by the size and small text. I have a hard time putting it down now. So much great info about DV.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:24 AM   #36
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
Phenomenal pics, thanks! I need to get back there now. Unfortunately, I'd have to rent a truck, since I live on the other coast...

Looks like a blast. Definetely subscribed to this thread. Great job getting the trail map guide up here, OP.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:12 AM   #37
4th MAW

ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome! Titus Canyon is now listed as OPEN on the DVNP website!
I think I'm gonna get one of these too:
http://store.usgs.gov/pass/index.html
Old 03-19-2010, 09:08 AM   #38
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Trdtaco315. View Post
pretty awesome! i was lookin into goin there but i dont have 4x4
you think ill need 4x4?
You probablly wont need it at all on some of the lighter trails.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:19 AM   #39
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
part of titus canyon

Old 04-03-2010, 05:10 PM   #40
4th MAW

ETAV8R's Tacoma Gallery
Heading out tonight. Should be doing Titus on Monday weather permitting. Staying monday night in Furnace Creek and then planning to camp at Eureka Dunes Tuesday night and heading back to SoCal on Wednesday.

Products Discussed in this Thread