Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Vermont Off-road Trails

Old 11-25-2009, 06:29 PM   #1
tacoman101 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman101 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman101 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman101 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman101 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: scott
tacoman101's Tacoma Gallery
Vermont Off-road Trails

Does anyone know about any cool off-roading spots in Vermont. I've been searching for any good looking moderatly difficult trails but can't really find much but the occasional powerline of class 4 road. Thanks
Old 11-26-2009, 06:25 AM   #3
toughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
toughtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I will have to get back to you with details. There are definitely trails, early in the fall there while i was in upstate new york when I took one of the ferrys to VT. There was an actual offroad park. I am at work so I dont have all of the information. I will get it to you as soon as I can.... kind of useless reply but it was a nice park. Get back to you on that one tho sorry.......
Old 11-26-2009, 07:07 AM   #5
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Where are you in VT and where have you gone?

We go to the Green Mtn National Forest (addison county) but it closes soon (Dec 15th) or the Silvio Conte Wilderness Area up near Island Pond in the NEK. Both of those areas have some great trails. We snowmobile all around the state (6000 miles worth of trails) but the VAST and VASA (ATV) trails are off limits for most of it is on private land and vehicular trespassing is taken very seriously. The places you go either have to have in (know the landowner) or belong to a club (there are a few offroad clubs). Plus right now its a tough time since anything not posted is being hunted on til 12/15. The hunters need their time too.

I'll ask around for a few guys in our group go 4wheeling way more than me, maybe they'll give up the spots

update: My friend Jay just emailed me these two websites
http://www.vtvora.org/
http://www.vermontoutdoors.net/
Old 11-26-2009, 07:52 AM   #6
toughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoughtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
toughtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I am not 100% but I am sure that it was in the area of Rutland,VT. I stopped in a motorcycle shop just to inquire about any offroad areas and they told me there was one about 10 minutes from there, stateland and an offroad park. I was on my way to the Vermont Teddybear store, my 2 yoa daughter fell asleep and decided to go offroading instead. I pm'ed you the info...... let me know bc I want to find out how to get there again.. thanks
Old 11-26-2009, 09:00 AM   #7
snoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoope is one of the sharper tools in the shed

snoope's Tacoma Gallery
Cool

You can contact the folks that "Run" this also...GREAT PEOPLE
www.vermonster4x4.com and ask for Randy Oakley....

If you want to tell him Snoope from ENH sent you his way...go right ahead..plus you may want to check out Exploringnh.com.....they have folks from all over New England enjoying the 4x4 world ...

Please "link" up any trails you do find,I am always "weekending " along the RT.4-5 corridor,Quechee to Castleton area BUT did that "UVM trip" while my daughter was in school....

S
Old 11-27-2009, 01:13 PM   #8
tacoman101 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman101 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman101 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman101 is a glorious beacon of lighttacoman101 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon's Mom View Post
Where are you in VT and where have you gone?

We go to the Green Mtn National Forest (addison county) but it closes soon (Dec 15th) or the Silvio Conte Wilderness Area up near Island Pond in the NEK. Both of those areas have some great trails. We snowmobile all around the state (6000 miles worth of trails) but the VAST and VASA (ATV) trails are off limits for most of it is on private land and vehicular trespassing is taken very seriously. The places you go either have to have in (know the landowner) or belong to a club (there are a few offroad clubs). Plus right now its a tough time since anything not posted is being hunted on til 12/15. The hunters need their time too.

I'll ask around for a few guys in our group go 4wheeling way more than me, maybe they'll give up the spots

update: My friend Jay just emailed me these two websites
http://www.vtvora.org/
http://www.vermontoutdoors.net/
Im up near montpelier... thanks for the links
Old 08-15-2010, 08:40 PM   #12
J HUNT is on a distinguished road
J HUNT's Tacoma Gallery
2.5 inch rough country lift

I recently put the same lift on my 2004 tacoma - i saw where you put in the shocks with the kit, all shocks i have bought for a tacoma came in two different sizes for left and right in the rear, the shocks in this kit are the same part number - do you know for sure if we can use the shocks in this kit? Also, mine did not come w/boots to protect the shocks, do these shocks need the boots?

Thanks for the help
Old 08-16-2010, 04:18 AM   #13

I put the shocks on that came with the kit and they worked just fine. I do recommend getting dust boots for your shocks. I didn't, but I wish I did becuase it prolongs the life of the shock greatly
Old 08-16-2010, 09:43 PM   #14
J HUNT is on a distinguished road
J HUNT's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks

Thanks for the info, i wanted to be sure they would work before putting them on the truck, the boots for the shocks are in the mail.

Jason
Old 09-06-2010, 05:00 PM   #15
biasottw is on a distinguished road

biasottw's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, so does anyone know of some 4x4 clubs around the NEK?
Old 05-04-2011, 01:13 AM   #17
Ian.Avila is just really niceIan.Avila is just really niceIan.Avila is just really niceIan.Avila is just really niceIan.Avila is just really nice
Name: Ian
Ian.Avila's Tacoma Gallery
Birdseye Mountain

The Cogman

Are two of the best ones near/in Rutland County.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:41 PM   #18
Ian.Avila is just really niceIan.Avila is just really niceIan.Avila is just really niceIan.Avila is just really niceIan.Avila is just really nice
Name: Ian
Ian.Avila's Tacoma Gallery
Reading Pond Rd.

Starts in ludlow, you can find yourself ending up in Woodstock, Bridgewater. Rt4/Rt12/rt100/etc
Old 07-04-2011, 09:41 AM   #19
andrew james is on a distinguished road
andrew james's Tacoma Gallery
Offroading trip

Hey guys, my girlfriend is coming over from overseas (australia) and I wanted take her on a camping/offroading trip.

I wanted to give her the full experience of back-country new england. Does anyone know of a place that has:

-miles of decent offroading
-swimming
-wildlife (moose, etc.)
-camping

Thanks a lot!
Old 07-04-2011, 04:47 PM   #20
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew james View Post
Hey guys, my girlfriend is coming over from overseas (australia) and I wanted take her on a camping/offroading trip.

I wanted to give her the full experience of back-country new england. Does anyone know of a place that has:

-miles of decent offroading
-swimming
-wildlife (moose, etc.)
-camping

Thanks a lot!
Baxter St. Park Maine