Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

4x4 is over rated

Old 03-23-2008, 09:32 PM   #41
350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

350TacoZilla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 350TacoZilla
I use 4x4 on alot of trails where i could go flying up in 2wd at 20mph and possibly bend a rim or hit a tree...but I'd rather be in 4wd and just be able to cruise through at 5mph and still not get stuck
Old 03-24-2008, 02:45 AM   #42
dwb is on a distinguished road

dwb's Tacoma Gallery
The plain and simple truth is this: Anyone who stands behind the statement that "4X4 is over rated", (a) could not afford to purchase 4WD , (b) thought that a 2WD would get that much better mileage , (c) has never really done any serious offroading , and (d) was told by mom, dad, gf, bf or spouse that they will never need or use 4WD . Like I said at the beginning of this thread, there is no debate here, but it's a funny topic................
Old 03-24-2008, 06:54 AM   #43
XxMalfunktionxX is on a distinguished road

XxMalfunktionxX's Tacoma Gallery
I love what my Toyota does for me!!!..(insert picture of me jumping up in the air) TOYOTA!!!!

Folks, I have turned into a commercial. Shoot me now.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:58 AM   #44
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxMalfunktionxX View Post
Folks, I have turned into a commercial. Shoot me now.
Be careful what you ask for around here. People are way too helpful!
Old 03-25-2008, 11:22 AM   #46
ridin dirty
07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Red
07tacoark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwb View Post
(d) was told by mom, dad, gf, bf or spouse that they will never need or use 4WD .
whats sad is my mamaw told me b4 i traded in my old 4x4 for my new one was "ladies dont drive 4x4s!" she was right, freakin crazy bitches do

and this topic is always funny, but its hard to change opinions til they run into problems of their own and realize they needed a 4x4 at that moment, or whenever it arises
Old 03-25-2008, 12:05 PM   #47

dwb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07tacoark View Post
whats sad is my mamaw told me b4 i traded in my old 4x4 for my new one was "ladies dont drive 4x4s!" she was right, freakin crazy bitches do

and this topic is always funny, but its hard to change opinions til they run into problems of their own and realize they needed a 4x4 at that moment, or whenever it arises
See there, now you are my kind of woman, you go girl. And for me it's not a matter of "needing 4x4" it's a matter of "I WANT 4x4". I mean the Prerunners look good and all, but that's where it ends. They work ok for dirt roads and maybe slipping around on top of the mud, but when the $hit hits the fan, it's GAME OVER. I know all the Prerunner owners are going , but it's the truth. And for those of us who have owned a 4x2 in the past, you know exactly what I mean. 07tacoark, you rock!
Old 03-25-2008, 12:10 PM   #48
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-25-2008, 12:23 PM   #49

dwb's Tacoma Gallery
Hey it's all good, we are like family. It's just that some of us are more "well endowed" than others. But the love is still there....................
Old 03-25-2008, 06:59 PM   #51
Pastry Chef
tacotoe is on a distinguished road
tacotoe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07tacoark View Post

I love a freakin crazy beeatch. Sad thing is judging by your pic your prob. at
least 15 yrs younger n me and that just about makes me the perverted "old man"....Oh and I`m married. You go girl!
Old 03-25-2008, 07:06 PM   #52
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacotoe View Post
Oh and I`m married. You go girl!
My wife has volunteered to fix that problem for me! I think I'd have to win the lottery before seriously considering the offer!
Old 03-25-2008, 07:14 PM   #53
Pastry Chef
tacotoe is on a distinguished road
tacotoe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
My wife has volunteered to fix that problem for me! I think I'd have to win the lottery before seriously considering the offer!
No doubt. `Cause you know it would cost ya! In all seriousness though my wifes pretty darn cool. In ten years we`ve had a few disagreements but never really an argument....way off topic now, oh well.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:33 PM   #54
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
You'd better win two lotteries because she'll be taking half.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:21 PM   #55
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
I don't need 4WD, but I would rather "have it and not need it" than "not have it and need it"...

My next truck will definitely be 4WD, but the PreRunners are still awesome trucks!
^^^^^^ However I do need 4X4 every so often which is why I have one.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:00 AM   #56
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
You'd better win two lotteries because she'll be taking half.
Well,i could live on half of 1 lottery! My point was I'd have to win the lottery to have enough left over to survive!
Old 03-26-2008, 10:56 AM   #57
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4x4trd View Post
^^^^^^ However I do need 4X4 every so often which is why I have one.

of course, as soon as I said that I bought another PreRunner. I could have gotten a 4WD, but I have driven hundrededs of thousands of miles without it. My truck is a highway only vehicle - it is a hauler! I found that the good tires and a limited slip rear end will get you out of anything that isn't real off-road. I will eventually swap it out for a locker.

I was driving the white 4WD Tacoma down the road, and thought to myself that I will NEVER use that damn switch. Why should I deprive someone of their 4WD vehicle if I don't really need it? So, I got what I really needed - a highway hauler with minimal off-road capability.

I will eventually get a 4WD single cab 1st Gen Tacoma for an off-road FunRunner, but not right now. Right now, my PreRunner is perfect!
Old 03-26-2008, 11:27 AM   #58
XxMalfunktionxX is on a distinguished road

XxMalfunktionxX's Tacoma Gallery
Everyone here pays or paid their own money for the truck they got..why not buy what you want..and need..or will need..hahahahaha...i bought mine so I would not have to buy another 4x4 for a looooooong time to come..thats why I chose Toyota..most people dont really understand that these things are built damn near bulletproof..2WD or 4WD..we all have trucks that are the best in the class..thats something to be proud of..
Old 03-26-2008, 11:37 AM   #59
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Everyone here pays or paid their own money for the truck they got..why not buy what you want..and need..or will need..hahahahaha...i bought mine so I would not have to buy another 4x4 for a looooooong time to come..thats why I chose Toyota..most people dont really understand that these things are built damn near bulletproof..2WD or 4WD..we all have trucks that are the best in the class..thats something to be proud of..
Old 03-27-2008, 06:18 PM   #60

dwb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Spoken quite well my friend. I think you hit the nail square on the head.