Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Tread Lightly.

Old 02-25-2014, 12:13 PM   #22
otis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to behold

otis24's Tacoma Gallery
This was on Expo Portal today. I think it's relevant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFAMaXnw83k
Old 02-25-2014, 12:52 PM   #23
bugeye1257 is on a distinguished road
Name: Andrew
bugeye1257's Tacoma Gallery
Tread Lightly is great.

I wonder if they have any stickers to purchase
Old 03-21-2014, 07:23 PM   #24
Lynn123 is on a distinguished road
Name: Lynn
Lynn123's Tacoma Gallery
Nice thread. There is so much garbage thrown everywhere here. I've taken a lot of garbage out from beautiful places many times. Depressing. Pretty selfish to ruin it for other people.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:28 PM   #25
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
^^ x2 always try and pick up garbage.

pic of just some of the stuff i picked up last time i was out. got even more stuff as the day went on.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:42 PM   #26
IKA fabrications
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugeye1257 View Post
Tread Lightly is great.

I wonder if they have any stickers to purchase
http://treadlightly.org/shop/decals/

You get a small sticker and t-shirt with yearly membership donation. They are not active in my area, but I am still a member.
In Hawaii we say Mālama ‘Āina. Take care of the land.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:25 PM   #27
sixstringsteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixstringsteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixstringsteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixstringsteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixstringsteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixstringsteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixstringsteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixstringsteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixstringsteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixstringsteve is one of the sharper tools in the shedsixstringsteve is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sixstringsteve's Tacoma Gallery
I'm glad to see this stickied. I'm a TL Master trainer, and the more people that see this info, the better.
Old 04-19-2014, 03:58 PM   #28
otis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to behold

otis24's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't had a job in a while. Once I get one I'm definitely becoming a member.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:40 PM   #29

otis24's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by otis24 View Post
I haven't had a job in a while. Once I get one I'm definitely becoming a member.

Got a job... Membership eventually!
Old 06-12-2014, 10:53 AM   #32
jqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jason
jqueener's Tacoma Gallery
Tread Lightly.

I wish more people would live by this ! Pack it in pack it out. I hate seeing garbage left by a holes that just dont care about the land or the rights to use it in the future. It sucks as there is less an less places togo every year as they keep closing more down every yr. in the last 20 yrs i have seen the forest in my area change and there isnt as many of the trails that we can explore Open. I can only hope that the next 20 yrs we don't loose any more. OP thanks for sharing this and its really opened my eyes to the meaning of tread lightly.
Old 08-09-2014, 12:18 PM   #33
Dangerdave is a jewel in the roughDangerdave is a jewel in the roughDangerdave is a jewel in the roughDangerdave is a jewel in the rough
Name: David
Dangerdave's Tacoma Gallery
So I have spent the last three and a half years as a wilderness guide.. I have backpacked countless miles and have seen the devastation caused by idiots in the woods.. It is really a simple thing.. Pick up after yourself, be considerate of others, and leave the area better than you found it.

Seven Principles of leave no trace are very simple.. and really require minimal extra work out of you when you enter the woods.. I just don't understand sometimes how people are so okay with being complete douchebags
Old 08-09-2014, 12:59 PM   #34
Banned
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Camping last weekend in a state park riverside and it took me 20 minutes to clean the site before we set up. Everything from glass bottles to shity boxers...best was the glass shards on our beach. I will never understand the mentality of some people.
Old 08-09-2014, 05:46 PM   #35
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
"Tread Lightly" is always the way to go, stay on marked trails/avoid cutting new ones & probably most important is cleaning up after ones self & the stupid clueless fucks that leave their trash behind, its probably the single biggest reason areas get closed off....

I have no problem stopping a run in its tracks to pick up trash found along the way...
Old 12-19-2014, 08:39 AM   #36
Nbrannon92 is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
Nbrannon92's Tacoma Gallery
You're a good man.
Old 12-19-2014, 08:42 AM   #37
Nbrannon92 is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
Nbrannon92's Tacoma Gallery
How do you guys handle it if you catch someone in the act? I was camping at Galveston beach and woke up to see that the people next to us had littered the beach with glass bottles and cans. Needless to say I picked it up, but I wish I had gotten the chance to confront those guys and try to make them see how destructive that is.