Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

pics of the "new" sliders

Old 03-26-2008, 11:50 AM   #1
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
pics of the "new" sliders

figured this might be the most appropriate section for it. but anyways...here are 2 pics of my sliders on the truck.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:55 AM   #2
Stealer of Souls
Charli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck?
Charli's Tacoma Gallery
Rockin'! Nice and black!
Old 03-26-2008, 11:56 AM   #3
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Lookin good! that is one black truck
Old 03-26-2008, 12:32 PM   #4
Land of Oz
rhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhoppas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rhoppas's Tacoma Gallery
That has got to be the most black truck I have ever seen. If only you could do something about that damn headlight bulb. It looks great though! Lovin the sliders.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:54 PM   #5
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
i think he should use black spray paint on the outside of the headlights
Old 03-26-2008, 12:56 PM   #6
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
those look sweet...
Old 03-26-2008, 01:41 PM   #7
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
i think he should use black spray paint on the outside of the headlights
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhoppas View Post
That has got to be the most black truck I have ever seen. If only you could do something about that damn headlight bulb. It looks great though! Lovin the sliders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
Lookin good! that is one black truck
i was thinking about getting some black headlight covers actually...lol...it would cover up the BHLM, but i'd know it was there
Old 03-26-2008, 02:16 PM   #8

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
i was thinking about getting some black headlight covers actually...lol...it would cover up the BHLM, but i'd know it was there
if you end up doing that you wont need the blhm so you can trade with me
Old 03-26-2008, 02:23 PM   #9
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
lookin good hodgey!! ahem.....we can trade lights if you want too......i like the bhlm lights.....just dont wanna attempt it myself!!
Old 03-27-2008, 03:43 PM   #10
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome, did you install them yourself? Welded or bolted on?
Old 03-27-2008, 04:16 PM   #11
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
Looks awesome, did you install them yourself? Welded or bolted on?
i started to bolt them on, but drilling through that frame is a bitch. so i ended up taking them to get welded on
Old 03-27-2008, 04:19 PM   #12
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
You have transformed that truck, badass !
Old 03-27-2008, 04:21 PM   #13
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
i started to bolt them on, but drilling through that frame is a bitch. so i ended up taking them to get welded on
It's my understanding that's the best way to mount them. How much did it cost to have them welded?
Old 03-27-2008, 04:37 PM   #14
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
It's my understanding that's the best way to mount them. How much did it cost to have them welded?
it was $100 to have them welded on and they also welded on my magnaflow and take those retarded hose clamps off and welded the intake and exit of the muffler. they did a slam up job w/ the sliders. cleaned up the welds pretty good and went ahead and painted the welds and frame black.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:26 AM   #15
Addicted Mod'r
ToyoComp is on a distinguished road

ToyoComp's Tacoma Gallery
jhodhe83 - You obviously spend a lot of time planning your mods so what made you pick the Allpro Offroad sliders? They look great on your truck and I definitely want to go the slider route versus nerfs. I don't know who is best (reputation/quality/price) in the slider world and there seems to be some differences in some of the brands that angle up toward the rocker panel versus running more parallel to the ground. Again, awesome looking truck!
Old 04-11-2008, 07:23 AM   #16
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyoComp View Post
jhodhe83 - You obviously spend a lot of time planning your mods so what made you pick the Allpro Offroad sliders? They look great on your truck and I definitely want to go the slider route versus nerfs. I don't know who is best (reputation/quality/price) in the slider world and there seems to be some differences in some of the brands that angle up toward the rocker panel versus running more parallel to the ground. Again, awesome looking truck!
these angle up more so than lay flat. i pretty much got the allpro ones b/c i've seen pics of them and liked them...the just so happens LQQK on here was selling a set. worked out perfectly
Old 04-11-2008, 07:26 AM   #17
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Those look FCUKING SWEET!!

But I've got 2 questions:

1) Why are they called sliders?

2) Can you please gimme some rep?
Old 04-11-2008, 06:52 PM   #18
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by klown View Post
Those look FCUKING SWEET!!

But I've got 2 questions:

1) Why are they called sliders?

2) Can you please gimme some rep?
They protect the vehicle if you get hung up on rocks or just high centered. They can support the entire weight of the vehicle so you can use a hi lift to get the vehicle going again.

Nice Sliders btw.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:07 PM   #19
gsxr3000 is on a distinguished road

gsxr3000's Tacoma Gallery
beautiful truck..... the blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice
Old 04-11-2008, 07:26 PM   #20
Sooooooper Moderator

thx fellas