Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Bill Burke Course in FL

Old 02-10-2010, 06:14 AM   #1
coryc85 will become famous soon enough
coryc85's Tacoma Gallery
Bill Burke Course in FL

I'm trying to get some interest in a Bill Burke course in Florida. I'm new to your forum and I don't own a Tacoma, I have a 1988 4Runner. I'm posting here because you Tacomaniacs seem to be showing much more interest in this course than I can garner from my local FL TTORA. The idea would be similar to the other BB courses mentioned here. I was thinking a 2 day course. There is mostly mud, water, and a little off-camber stuff here in FL, no rock crawling. The dates would have to be end of June because that's when Bill's schedule would allow him to travel here. We would pay his daily rate, divided by the number of trucks in the group, maximum of 10 trucks though so that it's not too crowded.

This would be good for you guys in the Southeast that can't make the 1200 mile drive to AZ. Please post here if you are interested and we can work out the details together.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:58 AM   #2
coryc85's Tacoma Gallery
Bump, still looking for people interested in a BB course here on the East end of the US.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:58 PM   #3
Bill Burke is a splendid one to beholdBill Burke is a splendid one to beholdBill Burke is a splendid one to beholdBill Burke is a splendid one to beholdBill Burke is a splendid one to beholdBill Burke is a splendid one to beholdBill Burke is a splendid one to behold
Army: 63F40 Vietnam era
Name: Hip-eye
Location: On-The-Road -- gotta follow my Face Book page to find Waldo!
Bill Burke's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Cory,

Welcome to TW!! Good to see you here. 88 4-Runner eh? great rig to be 'wheeling in Big Cyprus and along the Alley! Rachel and I are excited to be trying to get back to cracker town so we can visit some family and I can get my mud/sand fix.

see you around,

Bill Burke
Old 02-17-2010, 04:07 AM   #5
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
Damn i will be on deployment for it! Maybe next time.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:23 AM   #6
coryc85's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Burke View Post
Hey Cory,

Welcome to TW!! Good to see you here. 88 4-Runner eh? great rig to be 'wheeling in Big Cyprus and along the Alley! Rachel and I are excited to be trying to get back to cracker town so we can visit some family and I can get my mud/sand fix.

see you around,

Bill Burke
Wow, reply from Bill Burke himself! Thank you for the welcome, and I really hope we can get this course arranged. It would be amazing to learn from you in person. As you know, my wife bought me your 2 DVDs for my birthday and I feel like a better wheeler already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
I'd be interested in more details as they come available. I can't commit yet- but I'd really like to!!
As far as details, it would need to be near the end of June to accommodate Bill's schedule, I was leaning toward a 2 day, but would certainly do a 3 day if the other participants agreed. Other than that, I don't have any more info at this time. From seeing the courses already mentioned on this site, I believe the format of the FL one would be similar. Using the winch, hi lift, picking lines, proper driving techniques, snatch block, and of course safety.

We need more people though, so come on anyone in the South Eastern US, this is YOUR chance to learn from Bill Burke. Seriously, what better upgrade could you possibly buy for your truck than to enhance your driving skills?
Old 02-18-2010, 01:25 PM   #8
coryc85's Tacoma Gallery
Well, I officially signed up today for the course that Timmer mentioned here:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/bil...nture-fla.html

This is from the BB4WA mailing list, all the specifics are in Timmer's thread. If you are on the east coast and interested, please click that link and check it out.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:25 AM   #9
coryc85's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Timmer. I definitely see the effort that goes into part of organizing one of these. I never got as far as you did to actually have to pick a place and dates and course outline, so I know there is so much more work that I experienced. I hope the members on here recognize the discount that you worked so hard to get for them.

I really hope to see some of you there in July.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:42 PM   #11
Banned
merrit is a splendid one to beholdmerrit is a splendid one to beholdmerrit is a splendid one to beholdmerrit is a splendid one to beholdmerrit is a splendid one to beholdmerrit is a splendid one to beholdmerrit is a splendid one to beholdmerrit is a splendid one to behold
merrit's Tacoma Gallery
Bill has family down in FLA and it should be no mean feat to get him to do a traing session in a nearby area. I would be willing to facilitate but by no means arrange this charter. another tack would be to inquire of an On the Road course from BB4WA
Old 11-09-2010, 09:11 AM   #12
coryc85's Tacoma Gallery
Jason - unfortunately the course did not happen. I registered, but I could not get anyone else to pony up, so BB refunded my money. I would absolutely love to get a weekend of training from Bill, so if there is some renewed interest here then by all means, count me in. Anywhere in FL is fine with me. And if Merrit wants to facilitate, that is fantastic.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:33 PM   #14
Banned
merrit is a splendid one to beholdmerrit is a splendid one to beholdmerrit is a splendid one to beholdmerrit is a splendid one to beholdmerrit is a splendid one to beholdmerrit is a splendid one to beholdmerrit is a splendid one to beholdmerrit is a splendid one to behold
merrit's Tacoma Gallery
If you would like me to mention it I will be talking to Bill and Rachell about some other stuff when they get back to Colorado early next week