Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

You can still have fun with a 4x2

Old 04-21-2008, 09:45 PM   #1
BLOCKADE will become famous soon enoughBLOCKADE will become famous soon enough
BLOCKADE's Tacoma Gallery
You can still have fun with a 4x2

I thought I would put my TRD Off Road Package to the test this weekend, I was very pleased with the suspension and the rear locker. I didn't do anything really crazy, but we still had a lot of fun.
Attached Thumbnails
You can still have fun with a 4x2-43.jpg   You can still have fun with a 4x2-rollin-up-hill.jpg   You can still have fun with a 4x2-up.jpg   You can still have fun with a 4x2-top.jpg   You can still have fun with a 4x2-tuck.jpg  

Old 04-21-2008, 09:50 PM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
cool pictures. Did you need the locker or did you just use it preventively?
Old 04-21-2008, 09:52 PM   #3
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
I need to go offroading! looks like you had fun
Old 04-21-2008, 09:52 PM   #4
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
a few of us hope to be having that 4x2 fun this weekend...and there will definately be pics
Old 04-21-2008, 09:53 PM   #5
I definitely needed the locker, the hill was 45+ degrees and the rear was spinning even with the locker on. Both tires at the same time.

Here's one more pic to show the angle: this is with the front tires sitting over the top of the incline
Attached Thumbnails
You can still have fun with a 4x2-side.jpg  
Old 04-22-2008, 01:53 AM   #6
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, glad to know my truck is capable.

When I went out and played in the rocks, I took pics. I noticed the pics never ever really convey how steep something really it.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:05 AM   #7
Steve-B is on a distinguished road
Steve-B's Tacoma Gallery
I must've missed something -

-- I thought the "TRD Off Road Package" was only on 4x4's. I may have to rethink my buying plans.
Also - are you saying a PreRunner has a locking rear differential?
Old 04-22-2008, 02:16 PM   #8
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-B View Post
-- I thought the "TRD Off Road Package" was only on 4x4's. I may have to rethink my buying plans.
u can get a sport or offroad in 4x2 or 4x4. the sport has the LSD on both and the offroad has the e-locker on both.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:50 PM   #9
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've got an 07 TRD Off Road Prerunner. Locking diffs are part of TRD OR whether Prerunner or 4x4. I don't know if that combo is still available on 08 or 09 models.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:34 PM   #10
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Good for you, nice shots, I was working in my bathroom while you're out having fun.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:40 PM   #11
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
good pics!!! hodgey is right.....we gonna have fun this weekend!!!
Old 04-22-2008, 06:45 PM   #12
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Nice pics. Even stock, these trucks are a joy offroad.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:48 PM   #13
L_Jackson is on a distinguished road

Army: Avenger Crew Member - 1st Cav 98-01
L_Jackson's Tacoma Gallery
i haven't had the guts to get my taco that dirty..... i should.... if i'm willing to rear end people and bend the hell out of the front end whats a little dirt and mud???
Old 04-22-2008, 07:05 PM   #14
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by L_Jackson View Post
i haven't had the guts to get my taco that dirty..... i should.... if i'm willing to rear end people and bend the hell out of the front end whats a little dirt and mud???
Now you're talking! Dirt and mud washes off, dents.......not so much.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:06 PM   #15
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Is she all fixed up ?
Old 04-22-2008, 07:17 PM   #16
L_Jackson is on a distinguished road

Army: Avenger Crew Member - 1st Cav 98-01
L_Jackson's Tacoma Gallery
she's in the shop now.... just dropped her off yesterday..... found a shop that would only charge me 300 of my 500 deductable.... so i went for it.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:19 PM   #17
Quote:
That is actually why I went with the PreRunner, cost less and I can still have fun with it... just not too much fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jedi View Post
-- Good for you, nice shots, I was working in my bathroom while you're out having fun.
Funny you should mention that, I just gutted my bathroom and two adjacent closets to add a shower. I'll have to put up some pics latter.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:20 PM   #18

Cool, I have been fortunate, I have avoided such ordeals, I hope it all works out for you.