Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

hahah epic fail

Old 03-19-2010, 05:37 AM   #1
ywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ywen's Tacoma Gallery
hahah epic fail

http://vimeo.com/10025777
Old 03-19-2010, 05:40 AM   #2
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
thats derekabraham
Old 03-19-2010, 05:48 AM   #3
LostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
LostRebel's Tacoma Gallery
How do you see that as fail? It looks like a win to me. Sure, there was a little setback when he lost the rear end, but he recovered and continued on, in mud that would be tough to walk on, let alone drive on.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:09 AM   #4
ywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shedywen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ywen's Tacoma Gallery
u can hear the truck been more gas as the driver approached the rut.. I believe if the truck was guided thru carefully on low range, the damage would have been prevented. Thus a fail in my book.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:21 AM   #5
LostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shedLostRebel is one of the sharper tools in the shed
LostRebel's Tacoma Gallery
I watched it again with sound and according to the spectators, there was bumper and taillight damage. I didn't pick that up the first time. I'll go with driver fail, but not epic.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:02 PM   #6
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ywen View Post
u can hear the truck been more gas as the driver approached the rut.. I believe if the truck was guided thru carefully on low range, the damage would have been prevented. Thus a fail in my book.
I agree, I bet his accelerator got stuck!
Old 03-19-2010, 07:07 PM   #8
JJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt (Advisor Instructor 0311)
Name: Jay
JJ Customs's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah that's Derek, I am sure if he had it to do over he would change his approach a tad however any dude that has the sack to do what that cat does with a prerunner is good in my book. As they say you pay to play.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:08 PM   #9
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
That's Derek. My guess is he's kicking his own ass after that move. Seeing as how much damage was done...
Old 03-19-2010, 07:10 PM   #10
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Not fail at all

I dont think you can really say it was a fail unless you were there in the truck. Im sure that trail was way more intense than the vid makes it seem.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:11 PM   #12
Unsuspectingly striking from above
BirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Greg
BirdTRD's Tacoma Gallery
It's hard to tell from the camera angle. Stuff always looks easy in pictures and videos. From what I can see, I would have crawled on the right side of the road trying to straddle that big rut on the right. I wouldn't hit the gas unless I went into a rut and I had to so as not to get stuck.

That really isn't that bad of an attempt. He didn't do it perfect. But if it was easy to do it perfect, wheeling would be boring.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:12 PM   #13
Lest We Forget
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
So are they any more photos of the carnage up close??
Old 03-19-2010, 07:13 PM   #14
Lest We Forget
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, and IIRC, there was rain, snow, and mud...I think.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:13 PM   #15
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: RM/ET2(SS) veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Again with this?
Old 03-19-2010, 07:19 PM   #17
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery

Were you guys there? No. Were you driving the truck? No.

It was snowing, and it had been raining a lot before that. That mud was a good 4 inches thick.

That mud was impossible to walk on. A few guys (myself included) ate shit completely. Yes, because I have a PreRunner I had to give it a bit more gas because I can't just crawl over things. By the time the video had started recording, I was already sliding. It was either keep sliding and wind up with my bedside crashing against the rut, or speed up a little and hit it with my bumper instead. I chose my bumper.

Also, I was the lead truck and people didn't know what to expect out of that. Unfortunately, I was the guinea pig.

I just needed to replace my tail light. No big deal. Still the best trail run I've ever been on.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:21 PM   #18
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
Not fail at all

I dont think you can really say it was a fail unless you were there in the truck. Im sure that trail was way more intense than the vid makes it seem.

Thank you for actually being logical.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:22 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Customs View Post
Yeah that's Derek, I am sure if he had it to do over he would change his approach a tad however any dude that has the sack to do what that cat does with a prerunner is good in my book. As they say you pay to play.

$60 wasn't too bad.

But yes, you DO pay to play.

I WILL get a new bumper eventually, but it can wait.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:23 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostRebel View Post
How do you see that as fail? It looks like a win to me. Sure, there was a little setback when he lost the rear end, but he recovered and continued on, in mud that would be tough to walk on, let alone drive on.

With half my truck in the rut, I thought for sure I was fucked.