Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Back early from Uwharrie trip

Old 04-26-2008, 08:29 PM   #1
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Back early from Uwharrie trip

here are a few pics:
At camp

On the road

about to hit the trails

and then there was fun

muddy finish

Then one last pic since I had to leave early

Should be seeing more pics when the boys get back from their weekend of fun...
Old 04-26-2008, 09:01 PM   #2
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, that looks like fun!
Old 04-26-2008, 09:26 PM   #3
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the early pics! looks like they're having a good time...
Old 04-27-2008, 09:50 AM   #4
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
cool pics. thanx. BUT in the last pic. not one of you is even holding a beer. wtf!
Old 04-27-2008, 10:09 AM   #5
Come on, Touch it......
ChrisDeSoup will become famous soon enough

ChrisDeSoup's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
cool pics. thanx. BUT in the last pic. not one of you is even holding a beer. wtf!
No beer and no beer guts!

Did anybody have one of those bed tents? I did not see one in the pics and I am thinking of getting one.

Nice blue nutz too! Wife says I can't have them.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:43 PM   #6
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
everyone make sure to check out the new "2008 Tacomaworld Uwharrie Meetup" gallery!!!!
Old 04-27-2008, 12:52 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick View Post
yeah.....i know!! but....we cant take beer on the trails, kinda a policy!!! we did get pretty hammered on friday night though!! good times!
Old 04-27-2008, 12:55 PM   #8
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
yeah.....i know!! but....we cant take beer on the trails, kinda a policy!!! we did get pretty hammered on friday night though!! good times!
24 pack of bud light=however much
bottle of SOCO=however much
Eddie missing the chair=PRICELESS
Old 04-27-2008, 01:01 PM   #9
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
Yeah, thanks for the Crown... It got the best of me LOL!!!
Old 04-27-2008, 01:04 PM   #10
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
Yeah, thanks for the Crown... It got the best of me LOL!!!
damn...forgot to add that crown to the priceless ad...oh well
Old 04-27-2008, 01:04 PM   #11
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
definitely priceless!!!!!
Old 04-27-2008, 01:13 PM   #12
Zoom-Zoom
gdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud of

gdawg25's Tacoma Gallery
What! No Jager IV?
Old 04-27-2008, 01:16 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdawg25 View Post
What! No Jager IV?
hell no.........i forgot and left it in the freezer at the house..........it will be with us next time though, guaranteed!!!
Old 04-27-2008, 04:42 PM   #14
Carolina Alliance: LAZY DIVISION
AUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant futureAUDITECH has a brilliant future
AUDITECH's Tacoma Gallery
tacomaman how did the prerunner do with no 4x4. I guess with the trails not to muddy it did ok except for the mud flap
Old 04-27-2008, 04:48 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUDITECH View Post
tacomaman how did the prerunner do with no 4x4. I guess with the trails not to muddy it did ok except for the mud flap
it did pretty good, but i didnt complete the trails, i went to the turn around spot or made a turn around spot. 4x4 woulda been better, or even my front suspension being lifted a little would have helped, but i didnt wanna chance the rocky hill that had a steep incline as the last trail. the front suspension kinda kept me from going farther, but the rear locker definitely helped out. next time, if i have a 3 inch lift......i'm goint to the top,definitely. the part where i lost my mud flap....i was actually topped out on a good size rock and almost flipped my truck. we had to get alotta weight on the passenger side so i could get my locker working . after that, i came out pretty good, but i went back down. i think at uwharrie....when they say easy they mean moderate....and moderate and difficult/extremely difficult....i aint gonna try.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:28 PM   #16
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
looks like yall had a blast...ure is definately a fun place...tricky at times for stock trucks and when its muddy

wanna know something fun though? URE is considered to be one of the easier trail systems in NC

a lot of hardcore folks dont care for it but i love it...its perfect for stock to mildly built trucks (except for Kodak Rock and a handful of other places)

how long before the next hangout/meet?
Old 04-27-2008, 07:37 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
looks like yall had a blast...ure is definately a fun place...tricky at times for stock trucks and when its muddy

wanna know something fun though? URE is considered to be one of the easier trail systems in NC

a lot of hardcore folks dont care for it but i love it...its perfect for stock to mildly built trucks (except for Kodak Rock and a handful of other places)

how long before the next hangout/meet?
i think we are gonna try for the next meet in the fall. dont really wanna do one in the dead of summer........it will be way too freakin hot then. its april now......and it was hot as hell this weekend, until the rain finally came in on saturday night. so basically, the trails were dry, and the roads going in were very dusty. some points....you couldnt really see in front of yourself.

uwharrie sure as hell aint easy....but definitely fun!! we were on the easy trails, but to us, they were more moderate than anything. my rear locker helped me in some spots, but my front suspension was a bit too low and wanted to plane out alot....like on the rocks i got stuck on and about flipped. like i said tho.....with a 3 inch lift.....id be good to go i think. next truck i get is definitely gonna be a 4x4 tacoma though(and thats gonna be a good while).
Old 04-27-2008, 07:57 PM   #18
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yeah when i went i was essentially all stock and i had a tough time in some of the rockier parts...

like i said...i really enjoy ure...its much more geared to my level of wheeling

how far did you feel like you got when you got tippy? any wheels go up in the air?
Old 04-27-2008, 08:00 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
yeah when i went i was essentially all stock and i had a tough time in some of the rockier parts...

like i said...i really enjoy ure...its much more geared to my level of wheeling

how far did you feel like you got when you got tippy? any wheels go up in the air?
i was half way up the first trail when i got stuck, and yeah, i had tires off the ground. thats when i thought i was gonna roll my truck. when i finally got unstuck....i turned my happy ass around and went back down the trail and found another one. i didnt wanna demolish my truck.......kinda a daily driver, but i didnt mind the mud flap though.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:04 PM   #20
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
i was half way up the first trail when i got stuck, and yeah, i had tires off the ground. thats when i thought i was gonna roll my truck. when i finally got unstuck....i turned my happy ass around and went back down the trail and found another one. i didnt wanna demolish my truck.......kinda a daily driver, but i didnt mind the mud flap though.
i know the feeling...ive almost rolled mine a couple times...it took me about 5 minutes to get the seat fabric out of my butt...ive had my rear passenger tire up in the air a foot or so a couple of times...and ive hit 25* on my inclinometer one of those times...scary stuff...that was back when my truck was my DD too