LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

"what was that??"....."it WAS a mud flap!!!"

Old 04-27-2008, 07:52 PM   #1
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
"what was that??"....."it WAS a mud flap!!!"

had to post this......kinda an ode to our trip to uwharrie, the fellas that went and tacomaworld. this is what happened when i got to a part of a trail that my truck didnt agree with............

busted my driver side mudflap all to hell. basically.....thats all the carnage that happened.........i think we did pretty good!!!!

here is the rock i was stuck on(the 2 bigger ones on the left)....

and a front view of me "stuck like chuck".........( i was on my frame and my nerf bar and my rear locker and all the guys leaning on the passenger side of my bed helped me get off the rocks)!!
Old 04-27-2008, 07:54 PM   #2
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
mudflaps are for street trucks

pull the other 3 off and dont look back
Old 04-28-2008, 05:36 AM   #3
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like somebody needs to ditch the step bar and get a set of sliders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
mudflaps are for street trucks

pull the other 3 off and dont look back
Or for people who don't want to fling rocks at the people behind them.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:21 PM   #4
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ok well yall dont ride too close behind me
Old 04-28-2008, 12:30 PM   #5
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
i like mud flaps, they definitely serve a purpose. even if you dont care about your own paint you should care about the cars behind you. i have a chip in my windshield from some jackass with no mud flaps
Old 04-28-2008, 01:55 PM   #6
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd View Post
i like mud flaps, they definitely serve a purpose. even if you dont care about your own paint you should care about the cars behind you. i have a chip in my windshield from some jackass with no mud flaps
yeah....definitely. im keeping my mud flaps.....gonna get new (or used) front ones and trim them up a bit.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:56 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Hui View Post
Looks like somebody needs to ditch the step bar and get a set of sliders.
Or for people who don't want to fling rocks at the people behind them.

yeah, after this weekend.....im thinking about the sliders and a lift. but, my nerf bars actually helped me out a bit......i was sitting on my frame on one rock and my nerf bar on a rock and it didnt bend it. just a few scratches underneath.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:29 AM   #8
bisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant future

bisdak10's Tacoma Gallery

here is my "2nd" tube step set. first one i banged and bent in a ditch, this 2nd one with a 2x4 wood on a hill climb...
Old 04-29-2008, 02:07 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisdak10 View Post

here is my "2nd" tube step set. first one i banged and bent in a ditch, this 2nd one with a 2x4 wood on a hill climb...
sweet!!! this is probably one of the big reasons i want sliders for next time.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:53 PM   #10
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd View Post
I did an informal count a couple weeks back. Out of 32 trucks (actual trucks, not SUV's), I saw 2 with mudflaps. So, no reason for me to have them, either, not to mention that SC drivers have a lot more to worry about than my lack of flaps. You know, like learning how drive in the first place.

To be honest, I'd like to keep them on but one broke off and I'm not about to keep replacing them so they stay off for good now.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:05 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post
I did an informal count a couple weeks back. Out of 32 trucks (actual trucks, not SUV's), I saw 2 with mudflaps. So, no reason for me to have them, either, not to mention that SC drivers have a lot more to worry about than my lack of flaps. You know, like learning how drive in the first place.

To be honest, I'd like to keep them on but one broke off and I'm not about to keep replacing them so they stay off for good now.
you got any of them left(specifically the driver side front)?? if so.....wanna sell???
Old 04-29-2008, 06:13 PM   #12
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
ouch man, sorry bout the mud flap, but hell looks like you had a lot of fun though
Old 04-29-2008, 06:16 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
ouch man, sorry bout the mud flap, but hell looks like you had a lot of fun though
it was definitely awesome time man!!!
Old 04-29-2008, 06:16 PM   #14
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

i guess my reasoning is similar...since theyre not "required" and theres a good chance of ripping them off offroad...i just took them off and sold them

i think i got $30 bucks for them

i dont really drive my truck on the road a whole lot as it is...so i guess that helps...

for future trips you should just take them off at the trailhead so you dont worry about ripping them off again

i hate the way people drive in sc...the very MENTION of rain and people start wrecking their cars...talk about annoying...
Old 04-29-2008, 06:19 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
i guess my reasoning is similar...since theyre not "required" and theres a good chance of ripping them off offroad...i just took them off and sold them

i think i got $30 bucks for them

i dont really drive my truck on the road a whole lot as it is...so i guess that helps...

for future trips you should just take them off at the trailhead so you dont worry about ripping them off again

i hate the way people drive in sc...the very MENTION of rain and people start wrecking their cars...talk about annoying...

i agree............a whole lotta people in sc cant drive worth a shit when its dry.....let alone raining!!! and dont get me started on how they drive when it gets a little bit snowy(or our version of it anyway).......time to get the hell off the roads if you dont wanna be wrecked or put in a ditch..........cause people dont slow down for ice covered bridges......especially where i work in charlotte,nc!!!
Old 04-29-2008, 06:28 PM   #16
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
i agree............a whole lotta people in sc cant drive worth a shit when its dry.....let alone raining!!! and dont get me started on how they drive when it gets a little bit snowy(or our version of it anyway).......time to get the hell off the roads if you dont wanna be wrecked or put in a ditch..........cause people dont slow down for ice covered bridges......especially where i work in charlotte,nc!!!
It's like that everywhere. Hell, everytime it snows in PA, it might as well be the 1st time in history........dumb ass drivers.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:41 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy4Life View Post
It's like that everywhere. Hell, everytime it snows in PA, it might as well be the 1st time in history........dumb ass drivers.
yep..........and i hate leaving work early due to when it snows here(very rarely, i know).......never know when someone will pull some bonehead ass move and t-bone ya!!! also.....people around here really,really trust their brakes.....every day driving on the interstate!!! i hate it!! damn bottleneckers, tail gaters and people who'd give nascar drivers a run for their money!!!

welcome to my derailed thread........and i did it my self!!
Old 04-29-2008, 07:42 PM   #18
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe sometime you guys can drive down to Mexico, there are some awesome places to go down here
Old 04-29-2008, 07:53 PM   #19

Quote:
Maybe sometime you guys can drive down to Mexico, there are some awesome places to go down here
that would be an awesome trip............plus i love Mexican food and beer!!!
Old 04-30-2008, 05:33 AM   #20
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonTheDog View Post

Hey, i resent that remark! we south carolinians know how to drive at the age of 12..... it's reading and dental hygiene we have a problem with....

Quote:
That would be awesome! I'm not trying to give merit to stereotypes but i do have a question about rumors i've heard. I've had multiple people tell me that if you visit mexico never drive your car down there, especially anything with mods (lifts, rims stereos etc....) cause it will get stripped. I'm not trying to say that all Mexicans are criminals or anything like that, i have just heard that sometimes locals will prey on us gringo's. is there any truth to that? are there just certain areas like that?