Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Icon coil overs. How high can they be cranked up?

Old 03-28-2010, 10:23 PM   #1
Tillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Former Seargent
Name: Jeff
Tillers_Rule's Tacoma Gallery
Icon coil overs. How high can they be cranked up?

Obviously the can be cranked up until the threads run out. What I am asking is how high can I go while keeping a livable ride?

I'm currently at 2" of threads showing above the adjuster. This is the max amount recommended by Icon, though I think that is because of alignment issues with the stock UCA. Since I have TC UCA I think that won't be an issue.

The ride is just starting to get to the point where I think it may become too stiff if I go much more. Though, I'd like another 1/2" or so lift in the front.

Right now I'm at 2.5" lift in the front.

Thanks!
Old 03-29-2010, 07:33 AM   #2
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
thats about where i had mine set. much more than that and the ride is just gonna be too rough. you also have CV angles to worry about...
Old 03-29-2010, 02:02 PM   #3
BeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeachBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
BeachBoy's Tacoma Gallery
the icons will likely not be what's stopping you.

the ride gets quite quickly harsh when you crank up and the cv angles gets bad (fins touching)

I don't even have winch and I find the ride way stiffer than before, I'll likely change springs to compensate and get travel back when getting a winch
Old 03-29-2010, 02:55 PM   #4
Tillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Former Seargent
Name: Jeff
Tillers_Rule's Tacoma Gallery
Yea, I went ahead and got an alignment this morning, the ride is what I want and I don't want to cause any unnecessary stress on the CV's.