1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Icon coil overs. How high can they be cranked up?

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by Tillers_Rule, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Mar 28, 2010 at 10:23 PM
    Tillers_Rule

Tillers_Rule [OP] ......................

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    4x4 Sport, debadged
    Icon coil overs up front, Total Chaos UCA, Icon remote reservoir in the back with Deaver 11 pack leafs. Sunroof, Hella 500's behind grill.
    Obviously the can be cranked up until the threads run out. What I am asking is how high can I go while keeping a livable ride?

I'm currently at 2" of threads showing above the adjuster. This is the max amount recommended by Icon, though I think that is because of alignment issues with the stock UCA. Since I have TC UCA I think that won't be an issue.

The ride is just starting to get to the point where I think it may become too stiff if I go much more. Though, I'd like another 1/2" or so lift in the front.

Right now I'm at 2.5" lift in the front.

Thanks!

2. Mar 29, 2010 at 7:33 AM
    nelson18matt

nelson18matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    thats about where i had mine set. much more than that and the ride is just gonna be too rough. you also have CV angles to worry about...

3. Mar 29, 2010 at 2:02 PM
    BeachBoy

BeachBoy Well-Known Member

Member:
    VT & QC
    Vehicle:
    '09 DC LB Sport+Leather
    Icon Extended COs / Camburg UCA / ATX Predator Teflon / Mickey Thompson MTZ / Color-Matched emblems / All-Pro Bumper & skids / Stubbs HD-SKO / Alcans custom leafs / U-Bolt flip / Icon rear resi shocks / Rear Bumper
    the icons will likely not be what's stopping you.

the ride gets quite quickly harsh when you crank up and the cv angles gets bad (fins touching)

I don't even have winch and I find the ride way stiffer than before, I'll likely change springs to compensate and get travel back when getting a winch

4. Mar 29, 2010 at 2:55 PM
    Tillers_Rule

Tillers_Rule [OP] ......................

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    4x4 Sport, debadged
    Icon coil overs up front, Total Chaos UCA, Icon remote reservoir in the back with Deaver 11 pack leafs. Sunroof, Hella 500's behind grill.
    Yea, I went ahead and got an alignment this morning, the ride is what I want and I don't want to cause any unnecessary stress on the CV's.

Products Discussed in

To Top