Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Rausch Creek wheeling from 3/28/2010

Old 03-29-2010, 09:30 AM   #1
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Rausch Creek wheeling from 3/28/2010

Went wheeling at Rausch Creek yesterday with a couple of buddies. Had a great time, the Tacoma performed much better than I expected, and I left with only minor breakage.

Known carnage at this point is:
. UCA mounting bolt. This is the second time I've bent one so it's time for a double-sheer setup.
. Deaver leaf pack. I figured this would be an issue since the pack is now under the axle. Bent the bottom 2 leafs backwards.
. CV boot tore. Typical, and time for another rebuild.
. Possible wheel bearings. I think they're just shot from too much abuse/water/sand/salt/etc.

I'll just post a few videos for now and will update this first post with pictures after I have a chance to go through them.

Bob's Jeep doing some crawling.

Jeep in the Fire Pit.

Me in the Fire Pit. I'm a little more BANSAI!!! about it when compared to the Jeep. The long travel suspension really softens things up when going through rough terrain.

Me struggling.

Me succeeding!

Definitely a good day. I'll get the mud off the truck and investigate the breakage this week and will get some pictures posted as I have time.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:33 AM   #2
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
Great Videos! I love how much you can stuff those tires with those fender flares! Looks like fun..
Old 03-29-2010, 09:33 AM   #3
mjp2 is living vicariously through me.
martie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: smartie pants
martie's Tacoma Gallery
bansai!!!
Old 03-29-2010, 09:48 AM   #4
The Duck
Duck760 has much to be proud ofDuck760 has much to be proud ofDuck760 has much to be proud ofDuck760 has much to be proud ofDuck760 has much to be proud ofDuck760 has much to be proud ofDuck760 has much to be proud ofDuck760 has much to be proud ofDuck760 has much to be proud ofDuck760 has much to be proud of

Duck760's Tacoma Gallery
glassworksunlimited.com has nice fenders as well
Old 03-29-2010, 09:48 AM   #5
The Duck
Duck760 has much to be proud ofDuck760 has much to be proud ofDuck760 has much to be proud ofDuck760 has much to be proud ofDuck760 has much to be proud ofDuck760 has much to be proud ofDuck760 has much to be proud ofDuck760 has much to be proud ofDuck760 has much to be proud ofDuck760 has much to be proud of

Duck760's Tacoma Gallery
nice work keep it up on those trails
Old 03-29-2010, 09:52 AM   #6
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck760 View Post
glassworksunlimited.com has nice fenders as well
These are the Glassworks fenders and bedsides. I'm running a Camburg long travel setup in the front and Giant Motorsports long travel setup in the rear.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:55 AM   #7

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stroM- View Post
Great Videos! I love how much you can stuff those tires with those fender flares! Looks like fun..
It's the full suspension that allows the wheels to stuff. With the setup I have in the rear I can have my rear bumped sit on the ground before the suspension bottoms out.

I tested that by hooking up the draw bar from a wrecker and having the hydraulics push down on the rear of the truck until the suspension bottomed out. Hit the ground before the axle hit the frame.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:54 PM   #9
David Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid Tarantino is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David Tarantino's Tacoma Gallery
great videos mike thanks
Old 03-29-2010, 06:14 PM   #10
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
[quote=mjp2;1595167]

quote]

Best way to do the fire pit
Old 03-29-2010, 06:27 PM   #11
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
do that w/ a mid travel setup w/ no downtravel or uptravel, the call me
Old 03-29-2010, 07:55 PM   #12
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
Subd to check the vids later; thanks NMCI
Old 03-30-2010, 08:32 AM   #13

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Stole a couple pictures from other people's cameras. I'll go though my own pics tonight.

Light water crossing.

Nice, big, stupid stuck. Dumbass me managed to drive right into a huge wash out that I knew was there. At speed.

A winch tug backed me out of the spot and I thankfully never tumbled down the big drop. This one mangled a couple parts and rattled Martie pretty good.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:45 AM   #14
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
Those are great pics and videos. I thought your truck didn't run..?? lol
Old 03-30-2010, 08:47 AM   #15
mjp2 is living vicariously through me.
martie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: smartie pants
martie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
A winch tug backed me out of the spot and I thankfully never tumbled down the big drop. This one mangled a couple parts and rattled Martie pretty good.
You'd be rattled too if there's a huge drop-off and the truck was leaning to your side.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:47 AM   #16

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc.SS View Post
Those are great pics and videos. I thought your truck didn't run..?? lol
Thanks!

After that trip, once again my truck does not run. I was able to limp back to the trailer and that's about it. Lots of replacement parts currently on order as of yesterday.

Wait until you see the carnage pics.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:06 PM   #17
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Stole a couple pictures from other people's cameras. I'll go though my own pics tonight.

Light water crossing.

Nice, big, stupid stuck. Dumbass me managed to drive right into a huge wash out that I knew was there. At speed.

Snorkel Next?

I would think it would also help keep the filter cleaner in the desert instead of sucking from the wheel well.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:06 PM   #18

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Everyone was sportin' a huge cheesy grin that day.

Eric flopped on his side.

Good chance to check out the undercarriage.

Self-recovery is always a cool thing.

Rubber side back down.

Bob's Jeep was crawling over everything that day.

A couple of poser shots. I don't have many pictures of my truck because I spent most of the day in it.

A little more crawling.

The aftermath. 2 bent leafs on the driver's side.

Bent UCA mounting bolt.

The truck's stance at the end of the day.

Parts are already in transit to get this stuff fixed up. I'll get those UCA mounts strengthened and will be back at it again soon!

It was just a great day of wheeling.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:29 PM   #19
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Name: Frank
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
you can see the stance in both

Quote:

A couple of poser shots. I don't have many pictures of my truck because I spent most of the day in it.

The truck's stance at the end of the day.

Parts are already in transit to get this stuff fixed up. I'll get those UCA mounts strengthened and will be back at it again soon!

It was just a great day of wheeling.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:13 AM   #20

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc.SS View Post
you can see the stance in both
It was not yet broken in that first picture. Just on uneven ground.