Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

x-jack

Old 04-01-2010, 12:46 PM   #1
lennythetaco is on a distinguished road

lennythetaco's Tacoma Gallery
x-jack

any one ever here use the x jack. Im looking into getting it for sand/ mud. It looks like a great idea but have never herd of any ussing.
Attached Thumbnails
x-jack-xjack225x150.jpg  
Old 04-01-2010, 12:51 PM   #3
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
I would need to look into the price? We haven't sold one yet. But I would imagine they would work great in sand, or anywhere a jack would just sink in. Let me know if you would like to order one.

The jack is inflated via a hose that connects to the vehicle's tailpipe. As soon as the vehicle's engine is started, the jack will start to inflate.
When developing this product, the design engineers recognized that conventional jacks were not suited to all types of terrain. In unstable areas of mud, sand and snow, the X-Jack offers a wider footprint to avoid sinking, and uses specially designed, triangular shaped feet to keep the unit firmly grounded. For ease and greater stability, the X-Jack is designed to be safely placed under the side of the body rather than positioned under an axle like a traditional jack.
With a triple layer top and hard core insert for added protection and stability, this jack incorporates a unique two way inflation system. This means that either the exhaust or a portable air compressor can be used, providing added control in determining the rate and extent of lift. Collapsing flat for convenient storage, the X-Jack is ideal for all off road trips.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:58 PM   #4
Mountainman has a spectacular aura aboutMountainman has a spectacular aura aboutMountainman has a spectacular aura about

Name: Matt
Mountainman's Tacoma Gallery
I bought one for my dad last year for father's day. He doesn't like hi-lifts, so i got the x jack. Works really great for his lifted jeep. IIRC it was like $230 at 4wheel parts in riverside. It inflates using your exhaust or a compressor.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:59 PM   #5
lennythetaco is on a distinguished road

lennythetaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdTRD View Post
I've always thought it was a great idea. I know many emergency crews use similar items. Isn't it really expensive though?
i think they run for 215$ and if you dont have a compresor i think you need to buy one also.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:59 PM   #6
What is this "search" you speak of?
Andrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrew H is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Andrew H's Tacoma Gallery
We use the huge rubber airbags to lift vehicles up at work. ie someone pinned underneath a car or truck.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:19 PM   #8
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
I looked into these a while back and alot of Aussies had good things to say about them, haven't seen any in use personally. Good idea tho.