Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Where do you keep your recovery/off road gear?

Old 04-01-2010, 02:39 PM   #1
Effin A Cotton, Effin A
texastacobueno is on a distinguished road
Name: Andy
texastacobueno's Tacoma Gallery
Where do you keep your recovery/off road gear?

I have a DC/SB so I'm debating between a tool box or ammo cans. What do you guys put your off road/recovery stuff in? any pics?
Old 04-01-2010, 03:14 PM   #3
Will Prerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWill Prerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWill Prerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWill Prerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWill Prerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWill Prerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWill Prerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWill Prerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWill Prerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWill Prerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWill Prerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Will Prerunner's Tacoma Gallery
I have one of the slimline tool boxes from lowes in my DC, its only 12 inches thick so I can still fit a dirtbike in with the tailgate down, yet it is big enough to hold a hijack, straps, comealong, water, blankets, and a first aid kit.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:19 PM   #4
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
I have a big heavy duty rubbermaid tub that holds it all.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:27 PM   #5
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
I have 4 identical foam core tool boxes I picked up at Walmarté. In one I have recovery equipment (gloves, strap, winch controller, tree protector, d-rings, snatch block, etc). Another with screwdrivers, razors, nut drivers, pliers, tin snips, hack saws, nylon ties, etc. Another for sockets, impact gun, breaker bars, wrenches, etc. and ... Another with spare parts. Then three carry cases with multiple boxes (1 - electrical, 1- mech (nuts, bolts), and 1 - misc.). And another soft bag with first-aid supplies. Then there's the stove... And I thought my bumper was heavy!
Old 04-01-2010, 03:46 PM   #6
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaes View Post
I have a big heavy duty rubbermaid tub that holds it all.
Me too. I use a ratchet tie to hold it in place and I can take it out in 2 seconds if I need the room or the $1 in gas savings. I also have a bunch of stuff in those cubbies underneath the jumper seats in the cab, and the hilift and shovel mounted to the rails.

Old 04-01-2010, 03:49 PM   #7
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
I keep mine in my cousin's truck.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:53 PM   #8
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
I keep mine in my cousin's truck.
You beat me to it... So many people think that it's okay to rely on someone else's gear. Maybe fine for today but not for next week!
Old 04-01-2010, 03:59 PM   #9
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
I have this. But the top of mine looks a little different.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_91573-230-L3...&storeId=10151
Old 04-01-2010, 04:01 PM   #10
Ban Pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaes View Post
I have this. But the top of mine looks a little different.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_91573-230-L3...&storeId=10151
I used to use that - It's now in my garage - I don't like digging when I need something. They are nice though and I will use that for camping gear.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:04 PM   #11
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
You beat me to it... So many people think that it's okay to rely on someone else's gear. Maybe fine for today but not for next week!
My cousin has multiples of everything, and has told me I'm entitled to one of everything he's got. So far he's the only person I've wheeled with, with the exception of one small trip. We just haven't had time to sort things out and get my stuff. Especially since he's only had the Ranger back from the SAS project for like a month.

Plus I don't wheel usually that much. Probably in May or so, when we finally have time, we will sort through everything and I can grab whatever I want. The only thing I don't get, is one of his winches. He's got one permanently mounted in the front and a removable one for the rear.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:06 PM   #12
Ban Pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
My cousin has multiples of everything, and has told me I'm entitled to one of everything he's got. So far he's the only person I've wheeled with, with the exception of one small trip. We just haven't had time to sort things out and get my stuff. Especially since he's only had the Ranger back from the SAS project for like a month.

Plus I don't wheel usually that much. Probably in May or so, when we finally have time, we will sort through everything and I can grab whatever I want. The only thing I don't get, is one of his winches. He's got one permanently mounted in the front and a removable one for the rear.
That's cool and I understand... I have just seen too many people that have NOTHING and are stuck! That's the wrong time to need it. Have fun!
Old 04-01-2010, 04:06 PM   #13
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Hi lift and shovel mounted in bed, recovery strap, shackles, etc. Behind rear seats and winch controller in glove box
Old 04-01-2010, 04:08 PM   #14
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
whaTS 100mph tape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
Your bed is already short - if you get a tool box it kind of defeats the purpose of the bed, at least for what I use my truck for. I just keep my straps and shackles in a old book bag and leave it in the truck with fuses, swiss army knife, 100mph tape, first aid kit etc. When I go trail riding I put my shovel and the other big stuff in the bed and bungie it down.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:09 PM   #15
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I used to use that - It's now in my garage - I don't like digging when I need something. They are nice though and I will use that for camping gear.
Yeah its a pain to have to get something from it. I think I might get little clear bins that fit in it to help keep it organized better.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:09 PM   #16
Ban Pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
whaTS 100mph tape
It's for RACING DUCTS!
Old 04-01-2010, 04:09 PM   #17
Country is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Lance Criminal, STA Plt.
Name: Country
Country's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by texastacobueno View Post
I have a DC/SB so I'm debating between a tool box or ammo cans. What do you guys put your off road/recovery stuff in? any pics?
maybe this will help, this is my truck DC short bed
Attached Thumbnails
Where do you keep your recovery/off road gear?-22733_1349579016268_1135130720_1033976_4486564_n-1-.jpg   Where do you keep your recovery/off road gear?-p1010051.jpg  
Old 04-01-2010, 04:15 PM   #18
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's cool and I understand... I have just seen too many people that have NOTHING and are stuck! That's the wrong time to need it. Have fun!
If by odd chance I do hit the trails without him, I always swing by and "borrow" some of his stuff. But, I see your point.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:20 PM   #19
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Hi lift and shovel mounted in bed, recovery strap, shackles, etc. Behind rear seats and winch controller in glove box