LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

The Cliffs Insane Terrain info?

Old 04-01-2010, 06:50 PM   #1
marchev90 is on a distinguished road

Name: Tony
marchev90's Tacoma Gallery
Question The Cliffs Insane Terrain info?

Im kind of new to the off road world but I really wanna go somewhere and have a blast without destroying my taco. The closes park to where I live(chicago) is the cliffs. how hard do you guys think the trails are there according to this http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...ifficulty.html

Thanks for your input
Old 04-01-2010, 08:58 PM   #2
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry, I don't have any info on the area or knowledge. Post up some links and we can attempt to make a call on it.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:07 PM   #3
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
I went to the cliffs last year after about 2 weeks of rain. Not much for rocks, but it is extremely muddy/clay. I got stuck 3 times with my truck, just because of the mud. It probably isn't as bad if doesn't rain as much as it did. It was pretty fun, but we got stuck on a couple tight trails. I have a double cab, 5' bed and it was a little tricky at times getting around things. My buddy had a 2 door newer wrangler so he had no problem. Def. take another person and tow rope though. Another one is bad lands, but it's about 4 hours from chicago area.
heres a couple pics from the cliffs

Old 04-01-2010, 09:21 PM   #4

^^ holy crap I hope i dont come across terrain like that. some of the pics look crazy.
here is the link to their site http://www.thecliffsinsaneterrain.com/ . Do you think this would be a good place to start off roading at?
Old 04-01-2010, 09:25 PM   #5
rwilso03 has a spectacular aura aboutrwilso03 has a spectacular aura aboutrwilso03 has a spectacular aura about
Air Force: USAFA - Class of 2011
Name: Russ
rwilso03's Tacoma Gallery
One place that I have been to before is the Badlands in Attica, IN. May be a little bit of a drive for you but definitely a lot of fun and they have a little bit of everything.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:27 PM   #6
AZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shedAZBACKCOUNTRY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
AZBACKCOUNTRY's Tacoma Gallery
Come to Arizona. We have some of the best 4x4 country in the US- !

Azbackcountry
Old 04-02-2010, 09:48 AM   #7

I wish i lived somewhere in California or Arizona
Old 04-02-2010, 09:51 AM   #8

What are the requirements to drive in one of those parks like the cliffs? I see that most trucks have an orange flag at the back, is that a must? do you need a helmet?
Old 04-02-2010, 10:03 AM   #9
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
My truck is stock with at tires. I've seen some stock trucks, but any type of offroading you should have some decent tires. A flag is required only. Do a search for other equipment people bring along. No alchy allowed.