Notices

Hi lift jack... but no sliders

Old 04-02-2010, 06:25 AM   #1
Effin A Cotton, Effin A
texastacobueno is on a distinguished road
Name: Andy
texastacobueno's Tacoma Gallery
Hi lift jack... but no sliders

So I have the coolest mom in the world and she randomly sows up at my door with the 48" HiLift jack. So this works out good cuz I don't think my stock jack is gonna cut it anymore, but my I dont have sliders. So how do you guys lift your truck without sliders?
Old 04-02-2010, 12:25 PM   #2
Little Taco that could
99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed99yodataco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B <-Grunt.
Name: Chad
99yodataco's Tacoma Gallery
I use my front and rear bumper. But I don't have a stock bumper.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:30 PM   #3
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
You will have to get this http://www.hi-lift.com/accessories/bumper-lift.html

or This

http://www.hi-lift.com/accessories/lift-mate.html
Old 04-02-2010, 12:32 PM   #4
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
the wheel attachment doesnt really help if you need to change a flat, at least to me it doesnt
Old 04-02-2010, 12:33 PM   #5
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
the wheel attachment doesnt really help if you need to change a flat, at least to me it doesnt
I know. But those are his only options lol
Old 04-02-2010, 12:35 PM   #6
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i wonder...it wouldnt be very safe but you could place something under the lca to remove the wheel, then mount the tire lifter back remove the block and carry on...
Old 04-02-2010, 12:36 PM   #7
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
i wonder...it wouldnt be very safe but you could place something under the lca to remove the wheel, then mount the tire lifter back remove the block and carry on...
You could bring a jack stand around.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:37 PM   #8
Almost there

well if we are going to use a jack stand we might as well go with that to start with instead of messing with the hi lift and wheel adaptor
Old 04-02-2010, 12:39 PM   #9
Country is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shedCountry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Lance Criminal, STA Plt.
Name: Country
Country's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by texastacobueno View Post
So I have the coolest mom in the world and she randomly sows up at my door with the 48" HiLift jack. So this works out good cuz I don't think my stock jack is gonna cut it anymore, but my I dont have sliders. So how do you guys lift your truck without sliders?
Just break down and buy some sliders bro, if u want buy some from demillo and and I can bring them back to texas when i get out of the marine corps, in less than 3 months, so u dont have to pay ridiculous shipping, I am located in tyler
Old 04-02-2010, 12:40 PM   #10
Almost there

hopefully he will put the hi lift to good use before the 3 months come around. if you arent using your recovery gear you arent playing hard enough!
Old 04-02-2010, 02:13 PM   #11
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Lift mate and a medium jackstand. Or just huck a bug chunk of wood in the bed to 'lift' the bottle jack for flat repair.

The Lift Mate is pretty cool and really your best option for getting unstuck with a HiLift.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:26 PM   #12
Thread killer
LBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
there are also jack points you can mount to your truck.
I'm in the same situation atm, but I should be picking up my sliders next week.
i'll see if I can find something
Old 04-03-2010, 05:33 PM   #13
Sparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Sparky4.0's Tacoma Gallery
if the OP has a 2 in. tow hitch it works well for the ass end. but can be kinda tippy
Old 12-13-2010, 07:13 AM   #14
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBtaco View Post
there are also jack points you can mount to your truck.
Link?............
Old 12-13-2010, 11:34 AM   #16
Thread killer
LBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
Link?............

heh, forgot all about this ....
heres an arb site. but you get the idea. I also have a lift mate and my sliders now.
http://www.arb.com.au/products/arb-r...ccessories.php
Old 12-13-2010, 11:39 AM   #18
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Basically, the wheel lift deal or a curved bumper adapter other than sliders. The reciver hitch in back but nothing much to grab on up front.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:01 PM   #19
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Half the reason I'm buying sliders is to have a lift point for the hi-lift jack.