Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Jackall 6,000-lb Jack. Is it decent?

Old 04-03-2010, 06:53 AM   #1
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Jackall 6,000-lb Jack. Is it decent?

I found this jack for a great price, only $90 cdn. It looks similar to a Hi-Lift jack. I have sliders to use as a good jacking location.

Anyone have experience with this? I like the fact that I don't have to order this item. The store is just a 2 minute walk from my house. The Hi-Lift jack isn't available around here so I'll have to order it. That means if I have issues I'll have to sent it away with can be a pain. Opinions much welcomed. Thanks

Here is the link for the jack http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows...jsp#product_aa

Old 04-03-2010, 09:22 AM   #2
MCSquaredEqually is on a distinguished road
MCSquaredEqually's Tacoma Gallery
I believe it is the brand my dad uses on his farm (or at least he calls it a Jackall.) It wasn't until I came to this site that I heard that style called a Hi-Lift.

I think he has put it through a lot and it still works good.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:09 AM   #3
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
go with a hi lift jack ...just bought mine for like $80 60" cast
love it and it can be used as a winch as well as a spreader and a clamper
hi-lift = proven quality.....
Old 04-03-2010, 02:04 PM   #4
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Looks legit. Go for it.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:32 PM   #5
Crankey Old Yacht Jockey
Timber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant futureTimber has a brilliant future

Name: Tim
Timber's Tacoma Gallery
I have read that they work as well or better than the Hi lift even being Chinese. Just get familiar with it. Any high leverage tool like that can really mess up your day if you don't watch what your doing.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:55 PM   #6
ToyoFF1274 is on a distinguished road

Name: Will
ToyoFF1274's Tacoma Gallery
In the fire service we use Hi - lift brand jacks for vehicle extrication and have never broken one, and we push the limits of these but the county tried to save some money and bought this jackall brand, we broke every one they bought. To me thats a pretty good indication that the Hi- lift is the way to go.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:08 PM   #7
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
I would have went with Hi-Lift first but nowhere near me carry them and shipping would be costly.

I eventually got the jackall and am quite pleased. It was free. I got it from Canadian Tire and had enough canadian tire money on my credit card to get it. (You get canadian tire money as a bonus everytime you use the card).
The jack looks to be decent quality. It should come useful the few times I'll need it.

Here are some photos of me testing it out,