1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Forest fire: Use your *&$#&@*#( ashtray!

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by flightcancled, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Apr 5, 2010 at 7:41 PM
    flightcancled

flightcancled [OP] Addicted

Member:
    Syracuse NY/ Nantucket MA
    Camper top with racks, Custom fogs behind lower bumper. Interior LED lighting, Rock Lights, Hella 500s with upraged bulbs behind black billet grill, AAL, Front 5100s
    This weekend I nearly lost my job and home because a bunch of kids were illegally wheeling and somehow started a 50+ acre forest fire in land containing delicate ecosystems that I as well as others are actively conducting research in and millions are being spent to restore and maintain. Thankfully the firefighters,police and community sprung into action and bulldozers and other machinery were made available to stop the spread a few hundred yards from a residential area.

PLEASE if you are out in state or private land set aside as a natural resource be respectful of its designation. Don't litter, drive off the trails, start fires, make campsites, damage vegetation, disturb wildlife, etc. Even if it looks deserted and "no one will ever notice" there is a good chance that real moey is being spent to preserve that area and/or manage the resources. Whether you realize it or not you could be screwing with programs being paid for by your tax dollars, or bordering on broke private organizations.

As a US citizen the most valuble thing you will ever own is the public waterways and lands set aside for our enjoyment and benifit by private citizens and the government. Treat them with respect, they aren't ours but we are borrowing them from our grand-kids.

/rant.

2. Apr 5, 2010 at 9:12 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Bump cause this stuff is important.

3. Apr 5, 2010 at 9:16 PM
    dhurley

dhurley Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    04 Double Cab TRD SR5 V6
    TRD, Snugtop Super-Sport, bedliner, receiver hitch, alarm mod, deck plate mod, AFE Pro-Dry S, Saddleman camo seat covers, TW decal, grey wire mod w/switch, DRL, LED cupholder mod, Dynomax Super Turbo, aux back-up lights, Devil Horns by Andres, "blue plug" mod for 2LO, shorty antenna, Pro Comp fog & driving lights, receiver shackle, 15% tint front windows, stainless nerf bars, Ultra Gauge, diff breather mod
    Did they catch who did it?

4. Apr 5, 2010 at 9:19 PM
    sachou

sachou Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Richland, Washington
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD Sport Acc Cab 4x4 V6 6spd
    Bumped for real world impact on an issue that pisses me off whenever I see dumbass rednecks trashing our planet.

5. Apr 5, 2010 at 9:24 PM
    KalamaKid

KalamaKid Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Oregon
    same shit as everyone else
    That shit pisses me off so much. Motherfuckers playing with fire works in the woods after it hasn't rained in 40 days and shit. Or the dumb asses that set grass on fire with there brakes and do nothing about it. After living and wheeling in WA for years i've seen this happen over and over and punk ass little, hat cocked to the side, douche bags, just watch it in aww while hitting there bong and driving off. Sorry had to vent... :D

6. Apr 5, 2010 at 9:28 PM
    Caduceus

Caduceus Well-Known Member

Member:
    in the Bluegrass
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB TRD 4x4
    You know, I think everyone that ever goes camping should bring one cigarette.

Really.

Cuz, apprently, every wildfire in CA starts from a cigarette butt. They're blamed for so many fires it's amazing. I mean, I should just give up trying to start my BBQ with lighter fluid, or the newspaper chimney. All I need is a Marlboro, some dry grass, and to be inattentive for 10 minutes.

Glad your house is still around!

7. Apr 5, 2010 at 9:29 PM
    MOT

MOT Prez of @BattleBornToyotas

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport
    Black Housing Head, Custom Retro fit, T-Rex #2 Eyelids 50 inch ToughLight Radius Bar and 2 20 inch Bars behind grill with BAMF mount, T-Rex #2 Eyelids, Custom Vegas Dezert Fab Front Bumper and Rock Sliders,Wet Okole's, WeatherTech Mats, Magnaflow Exhaust, Pro Comp 6 InchStage 2 Lift, K&N Intake,
    Just Stop Smoking;)

8. Apr 5, 2010 at 9:31 PM
    Lentsnh

Lentsnh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Hummer H3 Tactical Edition
    None yet- Future: HIDs, Tinted tails, LED interior lights,
    That works too! :cool:;)

9. Apr 5, 2010 at 9:31 PM

747 function > form

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1st Gen.
    Were signs posted? (It probably doesn't matter...kids don't care.)

10. Apr 5, 2010 at 10:44 PM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I don't care where its at.... I frigin hate it when people throw their damn cigarette butts out the window!!!! In most cases, they're still lit!!!
    Or anything out the damn window - it's littering!! Use your damn ash tray or take the shit home with you and put it in a trash bag!!

PIGS!!!

11. Apr 5, 2010 at 10:48 PM
    BigBawlzTaco

BigBawlzTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2019 Toyota Tacoma SR
    I am guilty of throwing my cigarettes out while still lit..
    :pout:
    Glad I quit though before lighting anything on fire.

12. Apr 5, 2010 at 10:58 PM
    StandingCow

StandingCow Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4x4 V6 access cab
    I have hated smokers ever since I joined the air force... and had to pick up cigarette butts a couple of times.

13. Apr 5, 2010 at 11:02 PM
    Series1000

Series1000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver Canada
    Vehicle:
    2007 Access Cab 4X4 4.0L
    Lots
    bump for a good cause

14. Apr 6, 2010 at 3:18 AM
    Trapper6speed

Trapper6speed Hacksaw engineer

Member:
    Stock
    I remember in AZ a few years back we we over a 100 days of no rain and you would still follow people at night thru the desert hwys throwing there lit buts out the window. People are just stupid.

15. Apr 6, 2010 at 3:40 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    To the OP, sorry to hear that happened. Seems to be lots of selfish, disrespectful people who feel they are entitled roaming this earth today.
    Yesterday, I saw a dude in front of me flick his butt out the window :smack:
    I don't smoke but Carry in/carry out is what I follow always!

16. Apr 6, 2010 at 7:04 AM
    05 X-Runner

05 X-Runner Murdered X

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Napa, Nor-Cal. Whine Country U.S.A
    Vehicle:
    BSP 05 X-Runner, 07 TRD Sport Super White
    HVM C/F X-Runner badge 1 of 6 made,P/C'ed black rims,Blacked out Billet Grill,BLHM,HID's,Tinted tail covers, Fog light mod,BFLM,C2C Black eyelids,,C2C 1.75" Front drop 2" rear,C2C Hoodstruts,URD Shortshifter,URD T-CAI.Custom Coupe shiftball, NST Manifold Spacer.. 07 TRD Sport Super White,De-badged,White headlight Mod,Fog light mod,White tail light mod,C2C white eyelids, C2C hood struts
    A few years back i was up in oregon camping and fishing with my brother in law and some peeps were wheelin and someone threw something out there window, the rangers come out to get us gave us like 5 min's to pack our stuff. Needless to say the camping spot was on fire 20 min's later :mad:.. I always thought thats what an ashtray was for :confused:

17. Apr 6, 2010 at 8:24 AM
    flightcancled

flightcancled [OP] Addicted

Member:
    Syracuse NY/ Nantucket MA
    Camper top with racks, Custom fogs behind lower bumper. Interior LED lighting, Rock Lights, Hella 500s with upraged bulbs behind black billet grill, AAL, Front 5100s
    The only thing that saved the day besides the efforts of the people fighting the blaze was the fact that the guys responsible called it in. That didn't however stop them from continuing to ride for the next two hours while the fire spread.

18. Apr 6, 2010 at 8:40 AM
    MHS2846bg8

MHS2846bg8 Experienced Noob

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    South Coast of Oregon
    Vehicle:
    21 Tacoma TRD Off-Road Dbl Cab 4x4
    4WP Factory Front Bumper w/Warn VR EVO 10-S Winch, AuxBeam 8-Switch Controller, Redarc Trailer Brake Controller, ARE CX-Evolve Cap, Bedrug Liner, Ditch Pod Lights, Aftermarket LED (OEM) Bed Lights, Console Vault

If I see anyone up in oregon throwin lit crap out their windows in the forest I'll try and stop em and tell them they're stupid, Marine Corps style :D /knifehand

19. Apr 6, 2010 at 8:48 AM
    kilgoja

kilgoja Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2009 regular cab 4x4 2.7L (silver)
    :mudding:
    yeah why is it they always throw their cigarettes out the window when someone is driving in the lane right next to them on the interstate?...it's like they are trying to hit your car with it...makes me wanna run them off the road >.<

Products Discussed in

To Top