Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Forest fire: Use your *&$#&@*#( ashtray!

Old 04-05-2010, 07:41 PM   #1
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flightcancled's Tacoma Gallery
Forest fire: Use your *&$#&@*#( ashtray!

This weekend I nearly lost my job and home because a bunch of kids were illegally wheeling and somehow started a 50+ acre forest fire in land containing delicate ecosystems that I as well as others are actively conducting research in and millions are being spent to restore and maintain. Thankfully the firefighters,police and community sprung into action and bulldozers and other machinery were made available to stop the spread a few hundred yards from a residential area.

PLEASE if you are out in state or private land set aside as a natural resource be respectful of its designation. Don't litter, drive off the trails, start fires, make campsites, damage vegetation, disturb wildlife, etc. Even if it looks deserted and "no one will ever notice" there is a good chance that real moey is being spent to preserve that area and/or manage the resources. Whether you realize it or not you could be screwing with programs being paid for by your tax dollars, or bordering on broke private organizations.

As a US citizen the most valuble thing you will ever own is the public waterways and lands set aside for our enjoyment and benifit by private citizens and the government. Treat them with respect, they aren't ours but we are borrowing them from our grand-kids.

/rant.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:19 PM   #4
sachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shedsachou is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
sachou's Tacoma Gallery
Bumped for real world impact on an issue that pisses me off whenever I see dumbass rednecks trashing our planet.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:24 PM   #5
KalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shedKalamaKid is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Electrician
Name: Jason
KalamaKid's Tacoma Gallery
That shit pisses me off so much. Motherfuckers playing with fire works in the woods after it hasn't rained in 40 days and shit. Or the dumb asses that set grass on fire with there brakes and do nothing about it. After living and wheeling in WA for years i've seen this happen over and over and punk ass little, hat cocked to the side, douche bags, just watch it in aww while hitting there bong and driving off. Sorry had to vent...
Old 04-05-2010, 09:28 PM   #6
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
You know, I think everyone that ever goes camping should bring one cigarette.

Really.

Cuz, apprently, every wildfire in CA starts from a cigarette butt. They're blamed for so many fires it's amazing. I mean, I should just give up trying to start my BBQ with lighter fluid, or the newspaper chimney. All I need is a Marlboro, some dry grass, and to be inattentive for 10 minutes.

Glad your house is still around!
Old 04-05-2010, 09:31 PM   #8
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdered_Out_Taco View Post
Just Stop Smoking
That works too!
Old 04-05-2010, 09:31 PM   #9
function > form
747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed747 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

747's Tacoma Gallery
Were signs posted? (It probably doesn't matter...kids don't care.)
Old 04-05-2010, 10:44 PM   #10
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I don't care where its at.... I frigin hate it when people throw their damn cigarette butts out the window!!!! In most cases, they're still lit!!!
Or anything out the damn window - it's littering!! Use your damn ash tray or take the shit home with you and put it in a trash bag!!

PIGS!!!
Old 04-05-2010, 10:48 PM   #11
Wanna know how I got these scars?
BigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
BigBawlzTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I am guilty of throwing my cigarettes out while still lit..

Glad I quit though before lighting anything on fire.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:58 PM   #12
StandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shedStandingCow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Prior service. KC135 Crew Chief
Name: John
StandingCow's Tacoma Gallery
I have hated smokers ever since I joined the air force... and had to pick up cigarette butts a couple of times.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:02 PM   #13
Gots a Taco!
Series1000 is just really niceSeries1000 is just really niceSeries1000 is just really niceSeries1000 is just really nice
Series1000's Tacoma Gallery
bump for a good cause
Old 04-06-2010, 03:18 AM   #14
Hacksaw engineer
Trapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud ofTrapper6speed has much to be proud of

Trapper6speed's Tacoma Gallery
I remember in AZ a few years back we we over a 100 days of no rain and you would still follow people at night thru the desert hwys throwing there lit buts out the window. People are just stupid.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:40 AM   #15
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
To the OP, sorry to hear that happened. Seems to be lots of selfish, disrespectful people who feel they are entitled roaming this earth today.
Yesterday, I saw a dude in front of me flick his butt out the window
I don't smoke but Carry in/carry out is what I follow always!
Old 04-06-2010, 07:04 AM   #16
Murdered X
05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05 X-Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: E-4,UH-1 Door Gunner
Name: Brett
05 X-Runner's Tacoma Gallery
A few years back i was up in oregon camping and fishing with my brother in law and some peeps were wheelin and someone threw something out there window, the rangers come out to get us gave us like 5 min's to pack our stuff. Needless to say the camping spot was on fire 20 min's later .. I always thought thats what an ashtray was for
Old 04-06-2010, 08:24 AM   #17
Addicted
flightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shedflightcancled is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flightcancled's Tacoma Gallery
The only thing that saved the day besides the efforts of the people fighting the blaze was the fact that the guys responsible called it in. That didn't however stop them from continuing to ride for the next two hours while the fire spread.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:40 AM   #18
Experienced Noob
MHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMHS2846bg8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: 911 Dispatch/R-LEO
Name: Nate
MHS2846bg8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 X-Runner View Post
A few years back i was up in oregon camping and fishing with my brother in law and some peeps were wheelin and someone threw something out there window, the rangers come out to get us gave us like 5 min's to pack our stuff. Needless to say the camping spot was on fire 20 min's later .. I always thought thats what an ashtray was for

If I see anyone up in oregon throwin lit crap out their windows in the forest I'll try and stop em and tell them they're stupid, Marine Corps style /knifehand
Old 04-06-2010, 08:48 AM   #19
Banned
kilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to beholdkilgoja is a splendid one to behold
kilgoja's Tacoma Gallery
yeah why is it they always throw their cigarettes out the window when someone is driving in the lane right next to them on the interstate?...it's like they are trying to hit your car with it...makes me wanna run them off the road >.<