Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

What are your Opinions on Welded on Sliders

Old 04-06-2010, 06:03 PM   #1
ToyoFF1274 is on a distinguished road

Name: Will
ToyoFF1274's Tacoma Gallery
What are your Opinions on Welded on Sliders

Lets hear some opinions on the welded on sliders. Possible frame damage? Pros and cons verses bolt on sliders? I was telling my friend who is a "Jeep Geek" about possible getting some weld on sliders and he freaked out about welding on my frame. So lets hear your opinions.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:16 PM   #2
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
here are mine i love them so far

Old 04-06-2010, 06:18 PM   #3
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
they become strong like OX
Old 04-06-2010, 06:31 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
here are mine i love them so far

Nice Truck man!
Old 04-06-2010, 06:31 PM   #5
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
SlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlurpeeBlueMetallic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SlurpeeBlueMetallic's Tacoma Gallery
If you're going to get sliders you might as well weld them.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:33 PM   #6
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyoFF1274 View Post
Nice Truck man!
thanks you too
when your ready to get rid of that ugly hood you have let me know.....
lol
j/k on the ugly part....... i want one so bad
Old 04-06-2010, 06:35 PM   #7
Unsuspectingly striking from above
BirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Greg
BirdTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I just built a set of sliders (weld on). I researched this subject up and down and found the weld on/ bolt on ratio pretty close to 50/50. If done properly, they are both capable of being extremely strong. People argue the heat can damage the frame's strength. I'd also argue drilling 9,000 holes in your frame to hang them weakens it too.

How many people do you know that have broken a frame because they welded on it? Yeah, me neither.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
thanks you too
when your ready to get rid of that ugly hood you have let me know.....
lol
j/k on the ugly part....... i want one so bad
hahaha I dont think I will be letting it go any time soon...
Old 04-06-2010, 06:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdTRD View Post
I just built a set of sliders (weld on). I researched this subject up and down and found the weld on/ bolt on ratio pretty close to 50/50. If done properly, they are both capable of being extremely strong. People argue the heat can damage the frame's strength. I'd also argue drilling 9,000 holes in your frame to hang them weakens it too.

How many people do you know that have broken a frame because they welded on it? Yeah, me neither.
Exactly the thing I told him, I have never heard of problems after welding an accessory to a frame. Just wondering if anyone has.
Old 04-06-2010, 06:49 PM   #10
Love peace and Taco Grease
Dellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Dellosa89's Tacoma Gallery
Well if i get sliders they will be welded on. Just think of all the built trucks out there, do they bolt on there cab cages, there engine cages or bed cages, I just feel if your putting something on your truck to protect it, your going to want the most strength out of it.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:34 PM   #11
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
I think weld on is the way to go.

That being said, I had my 'weld ons' turned into bolt on's before I mounted them because if I ever decide to trade/sell my taco I'd rather have a few unnoticable holes in my frame than painted over grind marks. Just my opinion.

Either is just as strong as the other, it's really just prefrence or cost that separates the 2. My bolts on could be twisted in circles before the frame mounts budge.