Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

ARB bumper for $450. Should i get it

Old 04-08-2010, 08:53 PM   #1
Iankaf is on a distinguished road
Name: Ian
Iankaf's Tacoma Gallery
ARB bumper for $450. Should i get it

I am looking at a ARB deluxe front bumper 1st gen for $450 on craigslist. The guy says that it does not come with the bolts to mount it. He says that it only needs 4 bolts. Can anyone confirm or deny this ? Would the bolt sizes be easy to find? I would be driving 2 hours to pick it up so would like some piece of mind. Is it worth it?
Thanks
Old 04-08-2010, 08:59 PM   #2
mattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattleegee is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mattleegee's Tacoma Gallery
usually they are like $1000 new arent they?
if your looking for one i would get it, ARB is good

Bolts would be easy to buy even if you go grade8 your still under $15 to get all the hardware... or weld it on..
Old 04-08-2010, 09:03 PM   #3
Somewhere on sabbatical
mountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mountainwolfpup's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Yahoo to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Skype™ to mountainwolfpup
Sorry I don't know for the 1st gen ARB. I have a 2nd gen... I got an ARB front bumper and installed it myself.

I can say that for mine there were way more then 4 bolts. A bunch of brackets and new crash cans, etc. It was quite involved. Even some wiring/splicing to get the flasher lights in the bumper connected up.

I'd be skeptical about it just being 4 bolts. Although the 1st gens are much simpler and as I recall my 1st gen factory front bumper was held on with just a few bolts.. so maybe? You could always email ARB about it. They got back to me on a question I had and within a day or two. Best Wishes.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:28 PM   #5
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
I would have to think it was held on by more than 4 bolts. Does he have pictures of it?
Old 04-08-2010, 09:44 PM   #6
Iankaf's Tacoma Gallery
He sent me a picture of it. Its definitely the deluxe model. Ill email ARB about the hardware. The seller doesn't sound like the smartest guy out there so dont think ill get much help from him..
Old 04-08-2010, 09:48 PM   #7
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Or it could be that the mount itself just has 4 bolts missing. Not that there is 4 bolts in total holding it on there.

That being said. Get it. Get it now.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:49 PM   #8
White Tank
SkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
SkyHighTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
If its in good shape, then yes get it. They run about 800 brand new for a 1st gen. Email ARB and ask them if it only takes four bolts to install, and it wouldnt hurt to see if you can somehow get the instructions also.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:53 PM   #9
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
Get it!
Old 04-08-2010, 09:53 PM   #10
JESSMAN is a splendid one to beholdJESSMAN is a splendid one to beholdJESSMAN is a splendid one to beholdJESSMAN is a splendid one to beholdJESSMAN is a splendid one to beholdJESSMAN is a splendid one to beholdJESSMAN is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jesse
JESSMAN's Tacoma Gallery
I paid $950 for mine! You can call ARB and ask if they will send you what you need!!
Old 04-08-2010, 10:26 PM   #11
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
Ya, either way, whether it only takes 4 or more I would still get it. Just hopefully it is for a Tacoma haha
Old 04-09-2010, 05:32 AM   #12
Iankaf's Tacoma Gallery
Ok it all checks out. Im going to go pick it up tomorrow morning. Ill post pics of the install. And if i end up not liking the looks of this impulse buy im sure someone on this forum will take it off my hands, right?
Old 04-09-2010, 08:11 AM   #14
Iankaf's Tacoma Gallery
Timmer- the bumper and brackets are all put together. It is only missing the bolts that put it on the frame. Hopefully that Is a shorter list..