LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Off-Roading & Trails

Notices

Raush Creek Off road Park

Old 04-10-2010, 04:35 PM   #1
CRAZY 4WHEELER
desertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: From the Mojave desert now in Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
desertdude59's Tacoma Gallery
Raush Creek Off road Park

My wife wants to move to pensylvania maybe within the next year. Just so we can be closer to her family and get out of California. I see there is a place Raush Creek Off Road Park. Wonder if anyone has wheel'd there, how is PA for work, and a family life? Guess its in a area called Tremont, PA.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:03 PM   #2
CRAZY 4WHEELER
desertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Guess there are no pensylvania members around at the moment.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:26 PM   #3
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
Because they are all out at Raush Creek I have seen threads about people going out there. Just search Raush Creek and you might be able to get an idea of some of the people that go out there.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:30 PM   #4
My Taco is Bi-Winning!!!!!!!!
meckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeckleystephen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: EAS'D
Name: Stephen
meckleystephen's Tacoma Gallery
I am from Pennsylvania and am now in the Marine Corps but you will love PA grew up there my whole life and cant wait to go back as far as rausch creek goes I have never been but there are some of my friends that used to take there ATV's and dirtbikes up there and they loved it. My one buddies dad also had a CJ that he used to take up there I hear that it is challenging but fun on a side note be prepared to replace some parts after a run up there
Old 04-10-2010, 05:31 PM   #5
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I can't even count the amount of times I've been to Rausch Creek.
4 pages of 26 albums = 1500+ pictures
http://www.lieblweb.com/cpg/index.php?cat=23

I actually helped cut some of the trails before it was open. I haven't wheeled in a couple years, but I've heard they're expanding. GREAT PLACE!!
Visit their website
http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.com

As for PA living...... I enjoy it. I can't much comment how it compares to California - I've never lived there myself. So - it all depends on what you're used to.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:47 PM   #6
CRAZY 4WHEELER

Thanks guys. Housing prices don't look too bad back there either compared to Cali.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:54 PM   #7
CRAZY 4WHEELER

Just out of curiosity how is the job market back there? I have to drive 45 min to work from where Im at.
Old 04-10-2010, 06:02 PM   #8
REX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shedREX_111_MDG_BMET is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT, BMET
REX_111_MDG_BMET's Tacoma Gallery
I'm pretty close from what I've been told-- at our last meet in the area in new castle de, a few guys like dman and secret squirrel talked about having a meet up that way
Old 04-10-2010, 06:07 PM   #9
CRAZY 4WHEELER

Sounds like a fun place. My father-in-law lives in rochestor, ny and my wifes family live in west virginia. I still want to live far away that there are no sneak attacks from my sister-in-law. lol
Old 04-10-2010, 07:28 PM   #10
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdude59 View Post
Just out of curiosity how is the job market back there? I have to drive 45 min to work from where Im at.
Where are you moving to? What type of jobs do you seek?
Old 04-10-2010, 07:32 PM   #11
CRAZY 4WHEELER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Where are you moving to? What type of jobs do you seek?

Im a electrician. Been doing it for 10 years now. Not against a change though. Not sure where we will move to yet in PA. Kinda looking around.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:21 AM   #12
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My wife wants to move to pensylvania maybe within the next year. Just so we can be closer to her family and get out of California. I see there is a place Raush Creek Off Road Park. Wonder if anyone has wheel'd there, how is PA for work, and a family life? Guess its in a area called Tremont, PA.
Raush creek is a fun place but you have to pay to play. Depending on where you live it might be tough to find places to offroad. I live in the SE and there is NOWHERE to go wheelin' I don't know about Tremont, but the ecconomy here is fairly solid, better than most of the nation. Heres my old 04 a couple of years ago at Raush Creek

Old 04-11-2010, 10:14 AM   #13
CRAZY 4WHEELER

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSETACO View Post
Raush creek is a fun place but you have to pay to play. Depending on where you live it might be tough to find places to offroad. I live in the SE and there is NOWHERE to go wheelin' I don't know about Tremont, but the ecconomy here is fairly solid, better than most of the nation. Heres my old 04 a couple of years ago at Raush Creek

The economy part is good. Cali is really hurting I know that. We have idiots running this state. I did read about the pay to play, but Im good with that. Too much sunshine here is killing me plus my wife says its my turn to live by her family. lol
Old 04-11-2010, 10:19 AM   #14
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The economy part is good. Cali is really hurting I know that. We have idiots running this state. I did read about the pay to play, but Im good with that. Too much sunshine here is killing me plus my wife says its my turn to live by her family. lol

Glad I'm not the only one!
Old 04-11-2010, 10:28 AM   #15
CRAZY 4WHEELER

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
Glad I'm not the only one!
Ya, this state sucks. Time for a change. I want 4 seasons not just hot and cold. lol.

Old 04-11-2010, 10:30 AM   #16
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Me too!

Good luck with the move.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:44 AM   #17
CRAZY 4WHEELER

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
Me too!

Good luck with the move.
Thanks
Old 04-11-2010, 10:06 PM   #19
CRAZY 4WHEELER

Houses look nice there. I could go for the four seasons thing
Old 04-11-2010, 10:11 PM   #20
Old & Forgetful

Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Im a electrician. Been doing it for 10 years now. Not against a change though. Not sure where we will move to yet in PA. Kinda looking around.
Not sure what you're used to in Cali.... do you live in or near the big cities?

If you're used to that kinda lifestyle, then you'll probably want to look at Philadelphi, Pittsburgh, or Harrisburg. Probably more jobs available near those areas anyway.

Or, if you like the suburbs - having your own yard, but still being close enough to the big cities..... there's a lot of areas available to you that aren't too country (and/or off the beaten path).

You should take a vacation sometime in PA....just to roam the area and see what's here and what areas you might like.

In northern PA - the winters are going to be more extreme. While in southern PA, the winters aren't going to be as extreme and sometimes pretty mild (with barely any snow at all).